• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow. um NSFW for language

Last edited by a moderator:

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WW took that one deep out of AT&T Park.

30929.gif

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Capitalism in Crisis Amid Slow Growth and Growing Inequality - SPIEGEL ONLINE

It's a long freakin' article, but if you like reading about financial news/forcasting, this is worth 15 minutes. I take the article with a grain of salt because of the source, and also I am trying to leave politics out of it, but there are some heavy hitting numbers in this.

The assets of the 100 wealthiest Swiss citizens have increased almost fivefold in the last 25 years. In the Canton of Zürich, the 10 richest residents own as much as the poorest 500,000. When a Swiss business owner died recently, his two heirs inherited an estate worth as much as all single-family homes and owner-occupied flats in the Canton of Appenzell Innerrhoden. Wealth has become so concentrated in Switzerland, says the former head of the Zürich statistics office, that it "rivals the wealth of medieval princes." :wtf:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GMC Dealership - your drivers side headlight is out. $175 plus tax please, please leave it for 3 hours
Canadian Tire - your drivers side headlight is out. $83 including tax and sorry its so expensive. your truck will be ready in 20 minutes.

fucking dealerships.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GMC Dealership - your drivers side headlight is out. $175 plus tax please, please leave it for 3 hours
Canadian Tire - your drivers side headlight is out. $83 including tax and sorry its so expensive. your truck will be ready in 20 minutes.

fucking dealerships.

Audi A4 - headlight is out. Go to AutoZone, buy a replacement bulb and put it in right there on the lot. 7.99.

:whistle:

Dealerships are pretty ridiculous though. I had one tell me one time that because of sensitive computer systems, VW batteries had to be installed at the dealer. The battery was 120 and installation was another 50. Wonder how many people they catch with that one.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and this:

Homeopathic Chem Trail Formula Detox Chemtrail | eBay

So, you actually believe that the Government and all the airlines are conspiring to poison everyone on earth with chemicals in jet engines, but buying a bottle of who knows what from some random stranger on ebay and spraying it in your mouth 3 times a day is just fine?

MTE5NDg0MDU0OTM4NjE3MzU5.jpg

"Good. Gooooood."

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fucking dealerships.

I bet a guy named Kip or Ned (short name) stole your Twix candy bar out of the vending machine, Matty.

Last edited by a moderator:

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Audi A4 - headlight is out. Go to AutoZone, buy a replacement bulb and put it in right there on the lot. 7.99.

:whistle:

Dealerships are pretty ridiculous though. I had one tell me one time that because of sensitive computer systems, VW batteries had to be installed at the dealer. The battery was 120 and installation was another 50. Wonder how many people they catch with that one.

My old car didn't have replaceable bulbs. For whatever idiotic reason, you had to replace the entire headlight assembly. Told by the dealership, confirmed by three independent sources.

/Still better than having to remove the transmission (and paying nearly $900 as a result) in my wife's truck to to replace an $8 fucking cooling hose.

phoenixrising

Shiprock
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opening a bottle of brew and finding chips of glass in the cap. It happened two years ago and I still look out of habit I guess.
____________________________________________________________________________________

''Molon Labe''= Come and take.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My old car didn't have replaceable bulbs. For whatever idiotic reason, you had to replace the entire headlight assembly. Told by the dealership, confirmed by three independent sources.

/Still better than having to remove the transmission (and paying nearly $900 as a result) in my wife's truck to to replace an $8 fucking cooling hose.

Ouch. On my car, they pretty much have to remove the entire front end from the bumper back to replace the timing belt. And I am due.

Dangit.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch. On my car, they pretty much have to remove the entire front end from the bumper back to replace the timing belt. And I am due.

Dangit.

I had that repair done on an old VW of mine. Make sure you get the new waterpump, thermostat and belt tensioners replaced when they tear it all apart. Most VW/Audi engines have all of those parts near the timing belt location, so it should be a simple replacement at that point. Expensive labor cost though.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dangit.

That sucks.

My jaw dropped when they told me how much to fix that damned hose. And it wasn't just a leak. It was like a geyser. Catastrophic failure type.

It was a dealership that told me they had to remove the transmission. Called a guy I know at another dealership (out of town) and had my Dad call two different independent mechanics he knows. All three initially said something along the lines of "that doesn't sound right, but let me do some research and get back to you."

Then they all called back and said something along the lines of "well, turns out that's the only way to replace that hose." One guy did say you can get to it if you cut a hole in the floor with about a 4" hole saw. My wife didn't go for that idea.

In fairness, the $900 did include another hose and a gasket that I had them replace while they were in there. I asked the guy what else in there was so poorly designed that you couldn't fix it without removing the transmission. It came to about $100 in parts and shop fees only though. Everything else was labor.

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
happened again this morning.....

I hate the people who pull up to the gas pumps and block them. They go inside to get coffee breakfast or whatever they hell else they do for 15 minutes in there......sheesh.

All I want is some damn gas!