• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Audi A4 - headlight is out. Go to AutoZone, buy a replacement bulb and put it in right there on the lot. 7.99.

:whistle:

Dealerships are pretty ridiculous though. I had one tell me one time that because of sensitive computer systems, VW batteries had to be installed at the dealer. The battery was 120 and installation was another 50. Wonder how many people they catch with that one.

i opened my hood to look at it shook my head and said fucking dealerships. you have to love the design to get to replace it. Its almost as if they did it on purpose to make you pay more money :D i actually have a mechanic that would have done it for $50 flat including the light which was only $11.99 but I couldnt get out to him and I have alot of night driving to do this week.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had that repair done on an old VW of mine. Make sure you get the new waterpump, thermostat and belt tensioners replaced when they tear it all apart. Most VW/Audi engines have all of those parts near the timing belt location, so it should be a simple replacement at that point. Expensive labor cost though.

Yeah, but well worth the cost. You maintain those things and they drive til the end of time. My last car (VW Passat) got over 200K miles and the drivetrain was in fine shape when I let it go. I got rid of it because body bits and interior trim were just falling off. Actually sold it to a guy who put the engine and transmission in a car that made it to 275k before the engine let go.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but well worth the cost. You maintain those things and they drive til the end of time. My last car (VW Passat) got over 200K miles and the drivetrain was in fine shape when I let it go. I got rid of it because body bits and interior trim were just falling off. Actually sold it to a guy who put the engine and transmission in a car that made it to 275k before the engine let go.

For sure! They are well worth the cost because those engines/transmissions are tanks if you maintain them. I put just shy of 200k on the stock turbo engine the car came with. Only things I did for it were the timing belt and related components at 100k, and kept up on regular synthetic oil changes/spark plugs/Seafoam engine flush from time to time. Used that Lucas gas treatment, as well. You have to pay a bit more to keep them serviced properly, but it was easily the best car I've owned. Wish I still had it sometimes :(

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where was Shit Express a few years ago for Riders fans when McCallum missed that short field goal? Those fans got their hands dirty when they could have left the dirty work to Shit Express.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who are always negative
People who call Kate Upton fat
People who text while driving

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who are always negative
People who call Kate Upton fat
People who text while driving

WTF...what? These are probably people who think thigh gap should be normal for everyone.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last week:
WHARRRGARBLE! GET OUT AND VOTE EVERYONE! MY GUY NEEDS TO WIN! EVERYONE HAS TO VOTE!!

This morning:
FUCK! Stupid people shouldn't be allowed to vote. My guy lost.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Airlines. Had to call American Airlines this morning for a question about an upcoming trip. Was told by their helpful automated voice that my wait time would be approximately 50 minutes.

Are you fucking kidding me?!?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Airlines. Had to call American Airlines this morning for a question about an upcoming trip. Was told by their helpful automated voice that my wait time would be approximately 50 minutes.

Call routing is delayed because of heavy winds in Albuquerque.

Did they charge you a hold time fee?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey now, considering Mumbai is half a world away, 50 minutes wait time isn't that bad.

:behindsofa:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stores that arrange everything in such a way that you cannot leave without going through an open checkout line.

And they only have one open checkout line with like 9 people waiting with baskets full of stuff, so I decide the one item I was going to buy is not that important.

And I hate the way they look at you weird when you hop up and walk on the belt of one of the closed and blocked checkout lanes to get around the block and leave.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The people's Republic of Nothern Virginia and the Dull Ass Airport. No one speaks English, there are no traffic laws and I have yet to find a decent pizza joint.

And I have to be there all next week.