• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TSN rolled out a new look to their website this morning - I can't say I'm a fan.

Try to look at some BPL scores and table standings on the "new and improved" TSN site this morning and receive a "404 - Page not found" error. Nice work TSN.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, are those Dodge Dart commercials saying that only annoying douches own/drive them?

Finally, some truth in advertising.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, are those Dodge Dart commercials saying that only annoying douches own/drive them?

Finally, some truth in advertising.

I know you're maaaaad, Dare. You gotta, gotta get your own, Dare. Get you, get your owwwwwn.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You used to have a little bird as a friend right across the street, Dare.

You're that sad little bird, aren't you, WW?

Yeah.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh - and on things that drive me fucking nuts -

Tulloch on celebration that tore his ACL: 'I'd do it again' - NFL.com

tumblr_mmw7htXf2f1sqd58qo2_500.gif

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I walk under a large oak tree every day on the way to work, and every fall I get bombarded by falling acorns. Except they're not falling on their own, they're thrown by squirrels who are trying to crack the shell. Literally driving me nuts.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I walk under a large oak tree every day on the way to work, and every fall I get bombarded by falling acorns. Except they're not falling on their own, they're thrown by squirrels who are trying to crack the shell. Literally driving me nuts.

Seems to me that the acorns are 10x worse this year. Trying to relax on the back porch in this ultra mild September and it sounds like Vietnam with the acorns hitting our roof and others.

bang bang bang bang bang

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing worse than minding your own business while walking down the street when suddenly a squirrel hits you square in the face with his nuts.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My job

They called me in tonight on the one night I have off in the last week - and they knew I was off but decided to wait last minute, it pisses me off to no end

Wish I could quit right now, but I feel so much pressure because it's my first job and I don't want future employers to think I'm job hopping, but this job fucking sucks

I'd rather jump off a bridge than work here

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me that the acorns are 10x worse this year. Trying to relax on the back porch in this ultra mild September and it sounds like Vietnam with the acorns hitting our roof and others.

bang bang bang bang bang

Yeah, you might be onto something, I've been walking under that tree for years, and this year is a lot worse.

Second thing that drives me nuts - TV math 'geniuses' spouting off about probabilities, specifically about the probability of a mission ending in success. It was funny when C3PO did it, but now a supposed math genius is doing it on the show Scorpion (whose pilot sucked) and it's pretty damn dumb. Actually the whole show is dumb, when the supposed super problem that nobody in the US can solve, is just a case of needing to reinstall a backup version of some corrupted software. What a shitty, shitty show. If my wife can understand your 'tech problem', it's not actually a tech problem.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoulder injuries, especially from rec league softball. I've played probably 100 games with no problems, but I took a cut last Friday, and I felt a pop in my right shoulder, and it started hurting, and now I can't even lift my arm into a throwing slot.

I can't swing a bat, I can't shoot a hockey puck, I can't even move my arm high enough to goaltend. Basketball is out, racquetball is out, all I can do now is run, so basically everything I did for fun, stress relief, and to stay active is thrown out. And since shoulders are finicky, it could be a while before I get to do anything.

I have to find new sources of fun! And I have to start just running to stay in shape! I like running well enough, but it's not nearly as fun as softball, hockey, basketball, and racquetball. And, to boot, it really bothers me when I bike into work in the morning, and that's my only way to get into work in the morning, so I kind of have to do it.

Any advice on recovery, pix?

Last edited by a moderator:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoulder injuries, especially from rec league softball. I've played probably 100 games with no problems, but I took a cut last Friday, and I felt a pop in my right shoulder, and it started hurting, and now I can't even lift my arm into a throwing slot.

I can't swing a bat, I can't shoot a hockey puck, I can't even move my arm high enough to goaltend. Basketball is out, racquetball is out, all I can do now is run, so basically everything I did for fun, stress relief, and to stay active is thrown out. And since shoulders are finicky, it could be a while before I get to do anything.

I have to find new sources of fun! And I have to start just running to stay in shape! I like running well enough, but it's not nearly as fun as softball, hockey, basketball, and racquetball. And, to boot, it really bothers me when I bike into work in the morning, and that's my only way to get into work in the morning, so I kind of have to do it.

That sucks, hopefully it heals quickly. Reminds me of my vacation a few years ago. Once a year on vacation I golf so in preparation I had gone to the driving range a few times. I was just focused on having fun on a mostly empty mountain course on a nice fall day so I was not happy when on the first tee something popped in my arm. I tried to play a bit more but it got worse. That lead to a swollen bruised elbow for weeks. Now I am going to the same place in a few weeks and would like to play, but I am scared to because it almost ruined my trip.

I need to run some. I treadmill but just a quick paced walk. Running, outside of sports, bores me and I give up too quickly.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ice and rest for a few days, and if you feel like it's not getting any better, I'd consider seeing an ortho. You were swinging the bat when you got hurt? Did you feel the arm come out of the socket?

Quick symptom checks:

Where exactly is the pain? Does it feel like it's deep in the joint, shoulder blade, front of the shoulder? Any radiating symptoms (pain shooting down the arm, numbness or tingling)? A few quick things to check range of motion wise: compare both sides to see if you have full range in these planes of motion

swimrotation.jpg

shoulderabductionb.jpg

shoulder-flexion-and-extension.png

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Con't:

Any swelling, bruising that you can see? History of injury? Is the pain sharp, dull, or achy?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, but when I can't physically test stuff I gotta go with a thorough history.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and thank you for visiting Pix's clinic. Office hours are from 10am-3pm. Thank you for your time!

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand people who go through the left door of double doors. We're in America, walk through the god damn right door.