• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put him on the bench for a game.

I had a coach do that to a player on my team when I played. I was the goalie and I had turned my back after warm-ups were supposed to be over, going through my pre-game routine and an idiot on our team digs a puck out of the bucket and fires a slapper that gets me right in the back of the neck.

I wasn't hurt, but the coach wanted to send a message. He was big on messages.

We're still in evaluations, no teams formed at that point. I did say that there is no way on earth I want him on my team during team selections last night. I will gladly give up his shot (hard enough to take down a coach from 35 feet :drum:) to not have to deal with his attitude.

HubertJubberman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who walk on the left side of stairs.

Lazy people.

Women workers.

The Eagles (Band and the team)

U2

Pop music.

Middle east culture.

Asian women (exluding my gf)

Hardcore conservatives and liberals

PlayStation

Xbox one

And the worst of all....when I'm in the middle of working out and my head phones get ripped out....gets me in hulk mode

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know, Hulk mode sounds like it would be good for a work out.

Last edited by a moderator:

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stay in hulk mode and you wouldn't need to work out.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hulk+Footballer+%284%29.jpg

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took a puck off the side of the head tonight. A clunker that got me right on the temple and left a mark on the visor (I don't wear a goalie helmet when coaching). So I get to spend the next day or two cautiously looking for concussion signs. And thanking goodness I had the visor on, because it would have got me right on the eyebrow.

We were doing 2 on 1 drills and a kid shot and missed the net. His group was the last, so I went to the net to clean out the pucks that went in and he had gone and gotten the puck he missed, skated it out and fired before looking. THWACK. Good thing I got my head turned.

My question is, was 25 pushups too many or too few? Right at the faceoff dot at center while everyone else was getting a drink.

Too few, really, haha. And as long as you're without headache/nausea/dizziness you'll be good. Just take it easy for a day or so. When in doubt, just take a break, pretty much. The basic rules are: complete break until no symptoms, progress into activity, and if no symptoms during activity, you're good to go. FYI. With kids, we do a 3 day progression to return to play.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can do that motion up to about 80 degrees above parallel, but then it just tightens up. Not much pain, my arm just won't go any farther.

It feels stable, but today the pain is worse, both in magnitude and persistence. I don't know if there's a lack of strength necessarily, but because of the pain, most things are tougher to do today than they were yesterday.

Stability, for the most part, in my head, rules out something like labrum. If you think the pain is getting worse, it's probably worth seeing a doc. You'd probably do well to wear a sling, it sounds like. I still think it's RC related somehow.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too few, really, haha. And as long as you're without headache/nausea/dizziness you'll be good. Just take it easy for a day or so. When in doubt, just take a break, pretty much. The basic rules are: complete break until no symptoms, progress into activity, and if no symptoms during activity, you're good to go. FYI. With kids, we do a 3 day progression to return to play.

It's been pretty good. Had a headache last night, but no light sensitivity, no loss of appetite, no nausea and no dizzyness. I am all too familiar with all those feelings.

On a side note, I highly recommend this helmet:
Easton E700 Hockey Helmet

I bought it because the fit system is just like a road bike helmet. Fits well, doesn't move about and (apparently) can take a puck right off the temple without leaving behind any injury.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been pretty good. Had a headache last night, but no light sensitivity, no loss of appetite, no nausea and no dizzyness. I am all too familiar with all those feelings.

I bought it because the fit system is just like a road bike helmet. Fits well, doesn't move about and (apparently) can take a puck right off the temple without leaving behind any injury.

One thing I have to remind my kids every time these things happen: you can have a headache without a concussion. That's why I get caught between appreciating the media focus on head trauma and hating it. I love that kids know symptoms and report them to me, and that they're generally honest about it. I hate that every time a kid bumps their head, they get paranoid. Sometimes they freak themselves into thinking they have one. But: better safe than sorry. Only issue from my side is that when I diagnose a concussion, there's a protocol to follow. They don't get that, hah. "So, I can play tomorrow, right?" "Um, no." "What? WHY?!"

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You were probably actually wearing it properly, unlike a certain entire league of professional athletes I could mention again...

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were probably actually wearing it properly, unlike a certain entire league of professional athletes I could mention again...

Also known as all professional athletes that wear helmets. Well, baseball is okay.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Another feature of the helmet I like. Almost impossible to wear loose. You cannot adjust the shell, the GIRO bike fit system inside moves it to fit on your head right. I suppose you could buy one way too big and wear it loose, but why would you buy the wrong size on purpose?

Also, the pads inside are removable so you can wash them.

I hope someone comes up with a goalie helmet that fits the same way.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up0xYRr.jpg

I...

Uhhhh...

:L

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fo realz, dis skool needs to be gettin' itz shit togevva

mtnJ7Aol.jpg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's bursitis. Upside: I can play as long as I'm reasonably not in agony. Downside: It takes months to heal completely.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you buy the online MLB package so you can watch the game at work... and the game is blacked out. :L

Fucking MLB. This postseason schedule and the viewing options are 1/4 ridiculous incompetence, 1/2 gross stupidity, and 1/4 bullshitery.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The judges would have also accepted asshattery in place of bullshitery, eloco.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's bursitis. Upside: I can play as long as I'm reasonably not in agony. Downside: It takes months to heal completely.

...what? That was never on my radar. That's a chronic injury, so getting it from a single swing is very bizarre. Anti-inflammatories will help. Hope he gave you some of those. Best treatment is just rest for that...or coritsone.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you buy the online MLB package so you can watch the game at work... and the game is blacked out. :L

Fucking MLB. This postseason schedule and the viewing options are 1/4 ridiculous incompetence, 1/2 gross stupidity, and 1/4 bullshitery.

Did you go to the Postseason.TV link? I didn't think they blacked those out. You don't get a full broadcast, just access to some camera angles, but "quad view" gives you all you need.