• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Banker's hours pix? :D

Nah, I just usually wake up at 10 and have to actually start working at work by like 3.

I live a charmed life. (AKA, my hours are super weird...thanks freaking 8pm start times for games)

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand people who go through the left door of double doors. We're in America, walk through the god damn right door.

Same goes for escalators - Right side is for people standing (i.e. not walking up or down, left side is for people walking). It's just that simple.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3104_planters_nutmobile.jpg

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand people who go through the left door of double doors. We're in America, walk through the god damn right door.

What I don't get is why some places with double doors keep one of the doors (usually the one on the right) locked. What's the point of the double door system if you keep one locked during business hours? I have a feeling that's why many people instinctively go to the left on these double doors - because so many times in the past the right one has been locked.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Con't:

Any swelling, bruising that you can see? History of injury? Is the pain sharp, dull, or achy?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, but when I can't physically test stuff I gotta go with a thorough history.

On the range of motion, getting to the starting position for the first caused some pain, but the actual motion wasn't especially problematic, the second is fine, and the third is a little uncomfortable at 180, and actually kind of painful at -60.

I hit switch, and was batting left-handed when it happened. I overswung, and felt the pain in my right shoulder at the end of my follow-through. It didn't pop all the way out, but I heard/felt a pop and a click, and then there was pain in the back/top region of the shoulder, felt like it was either in whatever tissue is up there or on the surface of the joint. Since then, it mostly doesn't hurt, with an occasional faint/dull pain in the same spot, but if I move it the wrong way or put too much weight on it (the problem with biking), I get a sharp pain there which kind of fades dully down my triceps and ends a bit above my elbow.

There's also times when, even doing nothing, a bit of a dull pain on the back of the shoulder comes in with numbness down the triceps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucks, hopefully it heals quickly. Reminds me of my vacation a few years ago. Once a year on vacation I golf so in preparation I had gone to the driving range a few times. I was just focused on having fun on a mostly empty mountain course on a nice fall day so I was not happy when on the first tee something popped in my arm. I tried to play a bit more but it got worse. That lead to a swollen bruised elbow for weeks. Now I am going to the same place in a few weeks and would like to play, but I am scared to because it almost ruined my trip.

I need to run some. I treadmill but just a quick paced walk. Running, outside of sports, bores me and I give up too quickly.

I love golf, but it kills my wrists.

Probably because I jam the club head into the ground so often...

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same goes for escalators - Right side is for people standing (i.e. not walking up or down, left side is for people walking). It's just that simple.

If people were meant to stand on escalators they would have made them look like elevators, not stairs.

What I don't get is why some places with double doors keep one of the doors (usually the one on the right) locked. What's the point of the double door system if you keep one locked during business hours? I have a feeling that's why many people instinctively go to the left on these double doors - because so many times in the past the right one has been locked.

I ran into (almost literally) a situation like that recently, but it was the left door that was locked. When I exited the building it mysteriously was the right door that was locked. I'd say it's about a 50-50 proposition as to which door is locked based on whether you are coming or going. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the range of motion, getting to the starting position for the first caused some pain, but the actual motion wasn't especially problematic, the second is fine, and the third is a little uncomfortable at 180, and actually kind of painful at -60.

I hit switch, and was batting left-handed when it happened. I overswung, and felt the pain in my right shoulder at the end of my follow-through. It didn't pop all the way out, but I heard/felt a pop and a click, and then there was pain in the back/top region of the shoulder, felt like it was either in whatever tissue is up there or on the surface of the joint. Since then, it mostly doesn't hurt, with an occasional faint/dull pain in the same spot, but if I move it the wrong way or put too much weight on it (the problem with biking), I get a sharp pain there which kind of fades dully down my triceps and ends a bit above my elbow.

There's also times when, even doing nothing, a bit of a dull pain on the back of the shoulder comes in with numbness down the triceps.

Also, no swelling or bruising.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A sign outside a second hand shop:

We exchange anything - bicycles, washing machines etc.
Why not bring your wife along and get a wonderful bargain?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Microsoft Windows 10 eh? Was I asleep for a spell and missed Microsoft Windows 9?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So it hurt when your arm was out? Interesting. One thing that's slightly worrisome is rotator cuff. Based on the mechanism, I'd be surprised if it was that though. Does it feel stable to you, or does it feel like it could pop out again? Another range of motion to check, that's actually the same as the first one I showed you, is to do the same motion, but at 90 degrees of abduction.
shoulder_rotation.jpg

The "getting to the starting position" pain you're referencing is pain with external rotation, which is the same as cocking to throw a ball, etc. The infraspinatus and teres minor muscles control this motion, they're part of the rotator cuff. My guess is that you strained one of those, at the least. Unless you feel like you have extreme strength deficits, I don't think there's likely a tear. You're frankly too young for a simple swing to tear your RC. Stick with the rest/ice for a week or so, add in some NSAIDs, and see if it helps. Now, numbness and tingling: if those are persistent, see a doctor. Don't like messing with those.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Microsoft Windows 10 eh? Was I asleep for a spell and missed Microsoft Windows 9?

Numbering has been stupid at least since Windows 7.

Major releases off the top of my head:
1) Windows 3.1
2) Windows 95
3) Windows 98
4) Windows ME
5) Windows 2000
6) Windows XP
7) Windows Vista
8) Windows 7

That's not even going back to the older versions or the network only versions of NT that came before the two lines merged.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I hit someone pretty good with the door today. I was going through the right door and someone was trying to go through it from the opposite direction. They shot me a look like I was in the wrong. I just casually said "use the right door" and kept walking.

I wanted to spinkick them in the head though.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Video helped state build theft case against BMX racer

I have a horrible knee and two bad ankles and I cannot compete anymore. I can ride some still, but as far as competing... no. But I can still work.

I would love to see this douche thrown in jail.

I can help him pay fees. I'll buy that bike for 50 bucks.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I hit someone pretty good with the door today. I was going through the right door and someone was trying to go through it from the opposite direction. They shot me a look like I was in the wrong. I just casually said "use the right door" and kept walking.

I wanted to spinkick them in the head though.

It's good to see that conflict management course is paying off.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By the way, I think they missed a huge opportunity. They should have gone to 11.
600full-this-is-spinal-tap-screenshot.jpg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it hurt when your arm was out? Interesting. One thing that's slightly worrisome is rotator cuff. Based on the mechanism, I'd be surprised if it was that though. Does it feel stable to you, or does it feel like it could pop out again? Another range of motion to check, that's actually the same as the first one I showed you, is to do the same motion, but at 90 degrees of abduction.
shoulder_rotation.jpg

The "getting to the starting position" pain you're referencing is pain with external rotation, which is the same as cocking to throw a ball, etc. The infraspinatus and teres minor muscles control this motion, they're part of the rotator cuff. My guess is that you strained one of those, at the least. Unless you feel like you have extreme strength deficits, I don't think there's likely a tear. You're frankly too young for a simple swing to tear your RC. Stick with the rest/ice for a week or so, add in some NSAIDs, and see if it helps. Now, numbness and tingling: if those are persistent, see a doctor. Don't like messing with those.

I can do that motion up to about 80 degrees above parallel, but then it just tightens up. Not much pain, my arm just won't go any farther.

It feels stable, but today the pain is worse, both in magnitude and persistence. I don't know if there's a lack of strength necessarily, but because of the pain, most things are tougher to do today than they were yesterday.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took a puck off the side of the head tonight. A clunker that got me right on the temple and left a mark on the visor (I don't wear a goalie helmet when coaching). So I get to spend the next day or two cautiously looking for concussion signs. And thanking goodness I had the visor on, because it would have got me right on the eyebrow.

We were doing 2 on 1 drills and a kid shot and missed the net. His group was the last, so I went to the net to clean out the pucks that went in and he had gone and gotten the puck he missed, skated it out and fired before looking. THWACK. Good thing I got my head turned.

My question is, was 25 pushups too many or too few? Right at the faceoff dot at center while everyone else was getting a drink.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took a puck off the side of the head tonight. A clunker that got me right on the temple and left a mark on the visor (I don't wear a goalie helmet when coaching). So I get to spend the next day or two cautiously looking for concussion signs. And thanking goodness I had the visor on, because it would have got me right on the eyebrow.

We were doing 2 on 1 drills and a kid shot and missed the net. His group was the last, so I went to the net to clean out the pucks that went in and he had gone and gotten the puck he missed, skated it out and fired before looking. THWACK. Good thing I got my head turned.

My question is, was 25 pushups too many or too few? Right at the faceoff dot at center while everyone else was getting a drink.

Put him on the bench for a game.

I had a coach do that to a player on my team when I played. I was the goalie and I had turned my back after warm-ups were supposed to be over, going through my pre-game routine and an idiot on our team digs a puck out of the bucket and fires a slapper that gets me right in the back of the neck.

I wasn't hurt, but the coach wanted to send a message. He was big on messages.