• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Music Mood Thread

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Fleetwood Mac guitarists in the 60s and 70s was a dangerous gig

Peter Green - went quite mad, wrote a great song about the demons closing in on him (Green Manalishi) left the band in 1970. Diagnosed with schizophrenia, spent time in mental hospitals and then went to live with his mum.
Jeremy Spencer - never quite recovered from a mescaline trip in 1971. Before a scheduled show at the Whiskey in LA, he went out to visit a bookstore and just never came back. The found him several days later, but he had joined the Children of God cult, and just didn't come back.
Danny Kirwan - paranoia, booze and drugs are a bad combination, was kicked from the band after going apeshit before a show (got mad at someone tuning up before the show, bashed his own head through a wall and destroyed his guitars. Was homeless for much of the 80s and 90s
Bob Weston - in 1973 he banged Mick Fleetwood's wife (Jenny Boyd, the younger sister of Patty Boyd - George Harrison's wife the Clapton stole with the song "Layla"). Eventually died of an aneurism.
Bob Welch - it was Welch who Kirwan was pissed off at when he spazzed out. Welch quit the band in 1974, when it all became too much. Somehow ended up partying with GnR in the mid 80's ended up hospitalized to detox from cocaine and heroin. Ended up killing himself.

ironically, when Lindsay Buckingham and Stevie Nicks replaced Welch, and the band just decided everyone would be fucking everyone else on piles of cocaine, was when they had their greatest stability.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Old Guy Radio with some Burton Cummings post Guess Who on this Friday...

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Hell I had no clue he died until your post above. RIP!

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont remember if I shared this one but I think Eric Clapton / Cocaine was mentioned in this thread recently and I meant to post about that song. When my wife was a kid, Cocaine by Clapton was one of my father in laws favorite songs. But when it would come on in the radio as he was driving with my wife and her sister, my FIL would sing over the word COCAINE with COOKIE ... so for the longest time (into her teens even if you can believe it :L ) my wife thought the song was called COOKIE.

Contrast this with myself and my kids today, when this song happens to play on the radio Im singing along too but my lyrics are "If you want some cocaine ... you better ... check your ass ... COCAINE"

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
on this day in 1980, AC/DC released the album Back in Black,
the first with new singer Brian Johnson