• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Music Mood Thread

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This has and always will be a masterpiece. Something about the way all 3 of these guys instruments mesh together perfectly and the haunting lyrics make this by far my favorite song by The Police.
Easily my favorite The Police song too.

No love for Mother?

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has and always will be a masterpiece. Something about the way all 3 of these guys instruments mesh together perfectly and the haunting lyrics make this by far my favorite song by The Police.
Great song. I did not appreciate them enough when I was younger.

Speaking of great meshing of instruments (and the drummer for the Police) Check out a short lived side project for Copeland with jazz bass maestro Stanley Clarke and a singer named Deborah Holland. Animal Logic

They were a staple of my morning playlists in the record store. Mellow with funky tint. Great way to get a day started.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P
Great song. I did not appreciate them enough when I was younger.

Speaking of great meshing of instruments (and the drummer for the Police) Check out a short lived side project for Copeland with jazz bass maestro Stanley Clarke and a singer named Deborah Holland. Animal Logic

They were a staple of my morning playlists in the record store. Mellow with funky tint. Great way to get a day started.
I remember seeing this and liking when it aired. Only song I ever heard/remember by them. Pardon the great pre-digital quality

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P

I remember seeing this and liking when it aired. Only song I ever heard/remember by them. Pardon the great pre-digital quality

Once again, they had the awful timing of trying to hit it big when everyone was "AMALABO A BIBONO A MOSKIBO MAH LIBEEBEO YAH!"

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow 35 years ago!

One of my all time faves, and two of the five best shows I ever saw.

And Vernon Reid (The guitarist) has some straight up killer fusion albums.

I don't know anything about playing guitar, but I know when I hear stuff that is far beyond the realm of what I think I would be capable of. And going through the process of learning with the kiddo, I am gaining an even larger appreciation for one these guys can do. To create something like this out of thin air is super human to me.

He has said on a number of occasions he came up with the riff to Cult of Personality by accident. Corey Glover was humming what he thought the hook should be for Cult of Personality and Reid just... fell into it.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
He has said on a number of occasions he came up with the riff to Cult of Personality by accident. Corey Glover was humming what he thought the hook should be for Cult of Personality and Reid just... fell into it.
I love stories like that.

the riff for Sweet Child of Mine was just a exercise Slash used to do to warm up his pinky.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
speaking of guitarists that make shit look really easy, happy 67th to Joe Satriani.
possibly the cleanest guitarist i have seen live. just utterly flawless on these amazing runs.
first few rows were just people with their jaws on the floor.

he taught the likes of Steve Vai, Kirk Hammett, Alex Skolnick, etc.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love stories like that.

the riff for Sweet Child of Mine was just a exercise Slash used to do to warm up his pinky.
Just found this at the bottom of a rabbit hole:

1) The band was at the Zappa show before setup to record their own album. Someone fired a flare gun during the show and burned down the venue
2) The guitarist came up with the riff during sound check for recording the album and neighbors called the cops
3) They moved to a hotel to record and came up 7 minutes short for an album.
4) They used the previous soundcheck riff and wrote a song about the story of the recording the album.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On this day in 1980, Billy Joel held the top spot on Billboard for album (Glass Houses) and this spiffy tune...