• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: MCoy Should Just Shut His Mouth and Go To Work

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why does McCoy specifically have to shut up?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does McCoy specifically have to shut up?

Because he specifically opened up his big mouth and fueled the fire much to the delight of the reporters who are trying to make a story of this thing. McCoy should be thinking about the team at this point.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ummmmm...Riley Cooper should shut his mouth and just go to work.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he specifically opened up his big mouth and fueled the fire much to the delight of the reporters who are trying to make a story of this thing. McCoy should be thinking about the team at this point.

Racism in this day and age is a story. Especially when it comes from a person that kids may look up to.

:wtf2:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Ummmm...Riley Cooper should be thinking about the team. You know, the one that is largely comprised of African Americans. But you're right. It's the guy who is offended by someone he perhaps considered a friend or at least a colleague using a racial slur who is in the wrong.

You have a very interesting perspective on accountability.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You know what would be kind of a funny conclusion to this story, though? Next time they're in the locker room, they cue up the quote, and then have Riley fight all the black guys in the room. That'd be kind of fun to watch. At least until it got too bloody.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmmm...Riley Cooper should shut his mouth and just go to work.

I'll bet he wishes it was going to be that easy. I'm sure he would like nothing more. Going to work has got to be extremely uncomfortable for him now.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Racism in this day and age is a story. Especially when it comes from a person that kids may look up to.

:wtf2:

Only a fool believes it does not exist.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmm...Riley Cooper should be thinking about the team. You know, the one that is largely comprised of African Americans. But you're right. It's the guy who is offended by someone he perhaps considered a friend or at least a colleague using a racial slur who is in the wrong.

I'll say this, the person who was most impressive in this whole thing and showed the most poise and professionalism was Michael Vick. He gave that excellent "let he who has not sinned throw the first stone" speech and I was very impressed. He could have used the opportunity to fuel the fire but instead chose forgiveness and reconciliation as his approach.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Riley Cooper roommates with Tebow? That should automatically give you a 'free pass card' for anything.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
+ 1. First thoughtful post I've seen from you in forever.

Right? I can't compete with the gems you post like the fact that Terrell Suggs doesn't use his legs. I should just stir the shit every chance I get like you learned from your 4 years at Trole Miss.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow this is the most backward thread that I've ever seen. McCoy is upset and offended over a racist comment and HE is the one who needs to just shut up? Of course Toby takes the side of the racist and not the side of the guy who was offended.

Also these guys aren't allowed to just shut up and work; the NFL is a business and the players are "encouraged" to speak to the media whenever possible.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a story, Cooper is a public figure and shouldn't promote these types of beliefs. Also McCoy is fueling the fire by giving his opinion?

Riley Cooper was REALLY thinking about the team, let me tell you.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

THIS!!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow this is the most backward thread that I've ever seen. McCoy is upset and offended over a racist comment and HE is the one who needs to just shut up? Of course Toby takes the side of the racist and not the side of the guy who was offended.

Also these guys aren't allowed to just shut up and work; the NFL is a business and the players are "encouraged" to speak to the media whenever possible.

I think the difference is Cooper did not intend his comment for public consumption to start any shit. In fact I bet he's kicking himself in the ass right now, but McCoy is stirring up stuff and playing the puppet to the press who would love nothing better than to keep this story hot.

I understand that McCoy is offended but his lack of professionalism and maturity showed through especially since everything now should be kept in house. People fuck up all the time, especially when they are drunk. And all this nonsense about the Philly fans being outraged at Cooper is laughable. The most racist city in Americaa, offended at this? I hardly think so.

If you think McCoy was not asked to keep this in house by his coaches you are more of a fool than I thought.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a story, Cooper is a public figure and shouldn't promote these types of beliefs. Also McCoy is fueling the fire by giving his opinion?

Riley Cooper was REALLY thinking about the team, let me tell you.

Cooper fucked up, no doubt, but let's not make him out to be Adolph Hitler. I hear this kind of talk all the time by lots of people of all races. I'd rather just get it out in the open and deal with it instead of having to keep things bottled up. I find it interesting that if McCoy was filmed saying "I'll jump this fence and fight every cracker ass white boy in the stadium". The response would probably be "Hmm, that's kind of messed up", and tomorrow it would have been forgotten.