• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: MCoy Should Just Shut His Mouth and Go To Work

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe a dumb question but was it ever clarified if Cooper was referring to black people when he said what he did?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a dumb question but was it ever clarified if Cooper was referring to black people when he said what he did?

Yes. He said "I'll jump this fence and fight every ****er here". But read Whitlock's article, he nailed it!

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. He said "I'll jump this fence and fight every ****er here". But read Whitlock's article, he nailed it!

I read it and it was a good read. He put this into a different light, and I think he has a ton of good points. Especially the part about what you do when you are young, drunk, and "in a sea of whiteness/blackness" but just because it is "understandable" from Whitlocks angle, doesn't mean that everyone should sweep it under the rug. And what you are saying in the creation of this post is wrong. Shady said what he should have said, and I would be happy if white players came out and said the same. Respect is earned, not given. Cooper will have to earn that respect back, and hopefully McCoy gives him the chance.

Here is Whitlocks article if anyone is interested.

Whitlock: Riley Cooper gaffe offers perfect time to evolve, learn - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read it and it was a good read. He put this into a different light, and I think he has a ton of good points. Especially the part about what you do when you are young, drunk, and "in a sea of whiteness/blackness" but just because it is "understandable" from Whitlocks angle, doesn't mean that everyone should sweep it under the rug. And what you are saying in the creation of this post is wrong. Shady said what he should have said, and I would be happy if white players came out and said the same. Respect is earned, not given. Cooper will have to earn that respect back, and hopefully McCoy gives him the chance.
Here is Whitlocks article if anyone is interested.

Whitlock: Riley Cooper gaffe offers perfect time to evolve, learn - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

Ok, fair enough. I respect your point of view on the matter. At least we are discussing it.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet, this thread began with you saying McCoy shouldn't be discussing it.

Do you actually think you scored some kind of point with that statement. Do you really? McCoy should not have discussed it because he is a member of the team and it should be kept in house. It was unprofessional. We as outsiders should discuss it at length otherwise we get clowns like you who would have us believe that you have not a biased bone in your body.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could have said it was a team issue and would be dealt with among the team, and that that was all he would say about it.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could have said it was a team issue and would be dealt with among the team, and that that was all he would say about it.

Exactly! Why exascerbate the problem?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering how you just called out McCoy (for giving his opinion), this statement is almost comical...

McCoy is certainly entitled to his opinion but in this case, as a professional involved in the situation he should have used better judgement and kept it in house. Fanning the flames only hurts the team. He could learn a lesson from Michael Vick.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
McCoy is certainly entitled to his opinion but in this case, as a professional involved in the situation he should have used better judgement and kept it in house. Fanning the flames only hurts the team. He could learn a lesson from Michael Vick.

Wait. Should he have kept his opinion to himself, or should he have learned from Vick? Vick didn't keep his opinion to himself, he just had a different opinion, a more "forgive and move on" opinion rather than an "I can't look at him the same" opinion.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly! Why exascerbate the problem?

"You know, he said something he shouldn't have said. I'm offended by it, and I'm sure others were offended by it, but we're teammates, that's not going to change, and we'll handle it like men. This will be handled in the locker room, and we would appreciate if you respect the privacy of how we handle personal issues."

Simple, a few sentences, you don't need to approve or support his actions.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"You know, he said something he shouldn't have said. I'm offended by it, and I'm sure others were offended by it, but we're teammates, that's not going to change, and we'll handle it like men. This will be handled in the locker room, and we would appreciate if you respect the privacy of how we handle personal issues."

Would have been great if Riley walked buy during the interview and said ...."Ni%^$ Please!"

It is appropriate for the rest of the team to say that 500x a day.. why not Riley?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think black people understand the harm they do every time they use that word. The negative psychological impact on their race of them saying it just once is far worse than if it comes from a white person. Now multiply that by millions of people using it habitually and wonder why people notice what color you are.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait. Should he have kept his opinion to himself, or should he have learned from Vick? Vick didn't keep his opinion to himself, he just had a different opinion, a more "forgive and move on" opinion rather than an "I can't look at him the same" opinion.

Vick was selected by Kelly to speak for the team. That is why he was the only one you heard from; until McCoy foolishly, and unprofessionally fueled the fire. But then I'm sure you understood that difference but were playing at being obtuse in an effort to play the devil's advocate. That's your bag, that's OK.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. But you and I have played and been members of teams. Crimson and IMAC have not and can't be expected to understand.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Vick was selected by Kelly to speak for the team. That is why he was the only one you heard from; until McCoy foolishly, and unprofessionally fueled the fire. But then I'm sure you understood that difference but were playing at being obtuse in an effort to play the devil's advocate. That's your bag, that's OK.

Vick was obviously not speaking for the whole team...

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have been great if Riley walked buy during the interview and said ...."Ni%^$ Please!"

It is appropriate for the rest of the team to say that 500x a day.. why not Riley?

Ha ha ha! That is too funny. I think I would have cracked up at that one if I was one of the black players; at least I hope I would.