• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT-Junior Seau

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I think the NFL needs to invest heavily in helmet technology and other means to prevent concussions to reduce the risk as much as they can.

Other than that though playing football is a choice and now more than ever you know the risks when you play it. If you choose to play it than you take all the negatives that come with the good.

So I can give the older players the benefit of the doubt when they played football they might've been ignorant to impact playing the game would have on their bodies and I do think the NFL should extend some money for their well being.

But the guys that have come in recently know the risks and I'm sorry they make far more money than a lot of people do along with being college educated so I don't think the NFL owes them anything in retirement. Be responsible with your money, invest it wisely, and get a job and you should have enough money to take care of yourself the rest of your life.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere today that Seau never made the injury report for a concussion in his entire career. Obviously, that doesn't mean he didn't suffer any head injuries, but interesting nonetheless.

Also, isn't he the 6th or 7th guy from the 94 Chargers to die?

RIP

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That's horrible!

And one of 'em stuck by lightning? Does that evena happen???

...Well apparently it happens; it's just hard to believe.

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CTE is no joke. Wow.

It most certainly is not!

Sports fans and anyone who knew of all his off field contributions to the community down here are just numb right now.

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I remember Steve Young proudly sporting a "Say Ow!" ballcap during an interview on the sidelines, I don't remember if it was at a Pro Bowl or at the SB in '95.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The average life expectancy for a retired football player is 53-59. Wow.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What's scary is the idea that these football players could be following in the footsteps of professional wrestlers of the previous era. With the wrestlers it was the combination of constant injuries/subsequent painkillers, too many steroids, and a generally rough lifestyle without the proper supervision that led to such terrible post-wrestling careers that included tons of young deaths and suicides.

Meanwhile in the 90s or so in the NFL, the size and speed of the players rose very quickly while the knowledge and prevention of injuries lagged fairly far behind. Its possible that you're going to have a 10 - 15 year span of players who had a similar headshots/steroids/painkillers combo that has devastated professional wrestlers.