• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT-Junior Seau

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Junior Seau

TMZ reporting shots fired at his Oceanside home and he is dead. They are suspecting suicide.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is unconfirmed at this point and will be updated as more information is available

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pure sadness..

...this just blows me away - beyond insane

"Seau is the eighth member of the Chargers 1994 Super Bowl team to pass."

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is unconfirmed at this point and will be updated as more information is available

I'm reading here that he was found dead - so I think the story has moved from speculation to confirmation.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit.

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Pure sadness..

...this just blows me away - beyond insane

"Seau is the eighth member of the Chargers 1994 Super Bowl team to pass."

Agreed. What a horrible day for all.

If Seau committed suicide by shooting himself in the chest, it is similar to the way former Chicago Bears great Dave Duerson ended his life. Duerson shot himself in the chest on February 17 -- the method used so that his brain could be examined for symptoms of CTE (chronic traumatic encephalopathy), a trauma-induced disease common to NFL players and others who have received repeated blows to the head.

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My prayers and condolences to the family of one of the NFL's greatest linebackers to ever play the game ... Junior Seau ... R.I.P."

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I wish his family and friends the best. I will be keeping them in my prayers while they go through this tragic time.

This is the first death of an NFL player that I can recall that has really impacted me. I remember watching him play while I was younger. Using him on video games, playing football in the yard as a kid with my brother, I would always pretend to be him.

A tragic ending to someone who had a great career and a greater impact on a countless number of lives.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Very sad. Shot himself in the chest. This is becoming a trend for former NFL players....

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it has been confirmed by NFL, SD Chargers. ESPN. So sad, I respected him alot as a player. I wish his family the best

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. What a horrible day for all.

If Seau committed suicide by shooting himself in the chest, it is similar to the way former Chicago Bears great Dave Duerson ended his life. Duerson shot himself in the chest on February 17 -- the method used so that his brain could be examined for symptoms of CTE (chronic traumatic encephalopathy), a trauma-induced disease common to NFL players and others who have received repeated blows to the head.

I forgot about the manner in which Duerson ended his life and why he did. If Junior did end his life in the same way as Duerson and for the same reason, I can't help wonder how and how fast this will reverberate throughout the NFL and the entire football community.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't it a year or two ago that he drove off a cliff down in Carlsbad, and at the time people speculated it was an attempted suicide? Which he denied..

Junior Seau drives off cliff after arrest | abc7.com

This is the story of his car accident in 2010.

Well, anyway, sad news. Feel bad for his family and friends.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus.

Either he played too long and just took too many shots to the head, or just found himself empty after retiring from football, or maybe a combination.

I usually have very little empathy for people who commit suicide, but this is a special case. RIP Junior.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to the local Max and Marcellus show down here it was interesting, and sad, to hear Marcellus Wiley talking about it. They were teammates and really good friends. He talked about how Seau purchased all of his own medical equipment so he could do his own treatment when he was at home or at his dorm during the offseason. He did this because he never wanted anybody to see him weakened and if he treated himself, his teammates wouldn't see or know what was hurting him. You have to think with a mentality like that, it is likely the same reason he didn't try and seek help. He always wanted to be strong for everybody and when it came down to it, maybe wouldn't let anybody be strong for him.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
RIP... The game just lost an all time great.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Shocked... God be with you and your family sir. Thanks for the privilege of watching you play.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Feel bad for his family and sad to see him go. Watching his mom during that press conference was just tough.

I'm not going to jump on that concussion bandwagon yet. I mean people take their own lives all the time and never had a concussion.

I just think after years of playing football it's tough to cope without it. You miss the brotherhood of the locker room, the rush you feel playing in front of thousands of screaming fans, and the thrill of victory.