• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Jonathan Martin checked into looney bin

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners would be insane not to sign Incognito for the minimum now. In fact they could probably lock him up to a 2 or 3 year contract at close to the minimum.

Do it Baalke! Think outside the box!

HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLL NO

Why on Earth would anyone in their right mind even want this guy in their locker room? This guy has done this at every stop that he's had (Nebraska, Bills, Rams, Dolphins). We are a Superbowl caliber team, why the hell would we bring in a cancer who isn't even that good? Makes absolutely no sense.

Thank goodness Baalke is smarter than that!

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop with this. How would Incognito fit in our locker room? Why even expose your team to someone who has shown to be a cancer everywhere he has gone? That's just silly, no matter how talented (and I don't think he as talented as you do) the player is. Sometimes Sick, you have to look PAST the numbers and evaluate the entire person and how that person's baggage will fit with your team dynamic. I don't see Incognito as someone worth taking a chance on given his shitty past. Not on a team contending for a Super Bowl.

He's not good enough to take the chance, not even close. He is slightly above average and not even close to being worth the trouble. No thanks.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLL NO

Why on Earth would anyone in their right mind even want this guy in their locker room?

Because he'd be on the shortest, choke-collar leash you ever saw. And the dude's FAR better than anyone else the Niners could get for the minimum.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop with this. How would Incognito fit in our locker room? Why even expose your team to someone who has shown to be a cancer everywhere he has gone? That's just silly, no matter how talented (and I don't think he as talented as you do) the player is. Sometimes Sick, you have to look PAST the numbers and evaluate the entire person and how that person's baggage will fit with your team dynamic. I don't see Incognito as someone worth taking a chance on given his shitty past. Not on a team contending for a Super Bowl.

Easily. The 49ers are no different from any other locker room. You think these redneck hillbillies or city street thugs that play for the 49ers are any different from the ones in Miami? Don't be a fool.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Because he'd be on the shortest, choke-collar leash you ever saw. And the dude's FAR better than anyone else the Niners could get for the minimum.

The guy has been on a short leash his entire adult life (if thats what you want to call it) and yet you continue to see the same results, if not worse...

He is the same juvenile dumbass that signed his LOI with Nebraska over a decade ago...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The guy has been on a short leash his entire adult life

Signing a 3-year, 13 million dollar contract w/ 3.5 million up front & being named a team captain is a short leash?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Getting a guy who's worth 4 million a season for the minimum is a no-brainer. Aldon Smith is far more likely to screw up than Incognito, and everyone (myself included) wants him to sign long term.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The Dolphins gambled, and look where it got them...

They gambled? Nobody including the dolphins would have guessed a fellow lineman was gonna cry to mommy (literally) and air all the team's dirty laundry.

The knocks on him were penalties & pass protection. But he had a great season in 2010 in pass protection, and that earned him a new contract. You don't make a guy a captain if you think it's a gamble to even have him on the team.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They gambled? Nobody including the dolphins would have guessed a fellow lineman was gonna cry to mommy (literally) and air all the team's dirty laundry.

The knocks on him were penalties & pass protection. But he had a great season in 2010 in pass protection, and that earned him a new contract. You don't make a guy a captain if you think it's a gamble to even have him on the team.

If it wasn't a gamble, then it was down-right stupidity... All you have to do is look at his track record to see that...

I don't care if he came and played for free, his cancerous effects aren't worth it... He is an average O-lineman with simply too much baggage...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He is an average O-lineman with simply too much baggage...

And he leaves all that baggage in Miami.

He's an average STARTING O-lineman. Do you know how huge of a steal it is to get an average starting OL for the veteran minimum? Incognito is better than the Niners' starting center from the past 3 years.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he leaves all that baggage in Miami.

He's an average STARTING O-lineman. Do you know how huge of a steal it is to get an average starting OL for the veteran minimum? Incognito is better than the Niners' starting center from the past 3 years.

The guy is a big dumb drooling retard, and by all accounts sounds like he is a not good human. I don't get why you think the baggage would be left at the airport.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The guy is a big dumb drooling retard, and by all accounts sounds like he is a not good human. I don't get why you think the baggage would be left at the airport.

You're describing the majority of OL in the league. And he'd leave his baggage in Miami because he knows he can't get away with his youthful indiscretions any more. If you're looking for good "people," go sign Tim Tebow. If you're looking for good football players for cheap get the dumb, drooling retard.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not just draft a center? Incognito is not worth it with all that baggage. You can draft a starting center in the 2nd round with better character. How would you know that Aldon Smith is more likely to get in trouble than him? Unless you can predict the future, that's just an opinion.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're describing the majority of OL in the league. And he'd leave his baggage in Miami because he knows he can't get away with his youthful indiscretions any more. If you're looking for good "people," go sign Tim Tebow. If you're looking for good football players for cheap get the dumb, drooling retard.

Are you referring to Kaepernick?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Why not just draft a center? Incognito is not worth it with all that baggage. You can draft a starting center in the 2nd round with better character. How would you know that Aldon Smith is more likely to get in trouble than him? Unless you can predict the future, that's just an opinion.

How many times am I going to hear the phrase, "just an opinion" today? Of course predictions are opinions. What else could they be? Aldon Smith is an alcoholic who's 1 strike away from a 16-game suspension. Incognito got told on for saying bad words. You decide which one is a bigger concern.

And signing Incognio & drafting a center are not mutually exclusive. There'll be 2 roster spots available when Snyder & Goodwin are gone anyway.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He never stopped his youthful indiscretions in St Louis or Miami, I just don't get why you can be so confident that he will all of a sudden figure it out.

Personally, the only reason I wouldn't want to sign him is because I don't want a guy named Dick Incognito on our team.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sick, Aldon's actions hurt himself the most and obviously the team. Incognito's action not only hurt the team, but other individuals on the team including a trainer. Aldon is one strike away from probably a one-year suspension, but he is not a cancer on the team. I just wouldn't want Incognito with the Niners' being so close to winning it all. The risks outweigh the benefits.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He never stopped his youthful indiscretions in St Louis or Miami, I just don't get why you can be so confident that he will all of a sudden figure it out.

I'm not. I'm confident he's not going to use the N word again. He's been Kramered.

What else has he done that's such a big red flag that makes him not even worth a roster spot in the NFL? There are plenty of players in the league with criminal records whom NFL teams sign. The Packers signed Johnny Jolly for crap's sake. And he did really well with 'em.

Last edited by a moderator: