• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Jonathan Martin checked into looney bin

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why would any team want that coward? His black teammates sided with Richie but we are led to believe, Martin was bullied? Martin will never play another down in the NFL.

You're arguing that Martin probably didn't get bullied because his black teammates sided with Richie? :wtf2:

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I read this piece. Schlereth did a great job. It was well-written and insightful.

I thought it was more meaningful coming from a former o-lineman who had been in the "jungle" for many years...

The Dolphins locker-room clearly lacked true leadership, as it was more like the inmates running the asylum. I don't buy into the theory that every locker-room is the same as what has publicly aired in Miami. Obviously things are rowdy in every locker-room, and can get out of hand at times (fights and other juvenile behavior) but I'm willing to bet that 9 out of 10 locker-rooms know where to draw the line and police themselves to a point of true professionalism...

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would any team want that coward? His black teammates sided with Richie but we are led to believe, Martin was bullied? Martin will never play another down in the NFL.

He's done

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you think Martin is clearly gay?

Wouldn't stand up for himself, got bullied as a 315 pound man and just looks like a soft fag. Nothing wrong with that in real life but not for an NFL Left Tackle. You watch, it'll come out.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toby, what is wrong with you? Seriously, you're cracked.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toby, what is wrong with you? Seriously, you're cracked.

"The locker room is racist, homophobic and sexist," Charles Barkley says. "And I miss it."

My favorite line in the LeBatard article.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to kindly ask that you keep your homophobic shit to yourself. You're truly a terrible person.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was more meaningful coming from a former o-lineman who had been in the "jungle" for many years...

The Dolphins locker-room clearly lacked true leadership, as it was more like the inmates running the asylum. I don't buy into the theory that every locker-room is the same as what has publicly aired in Miami. Obviously things are rowdy in every locker-room, and can get out of hand at times (fights and other juvenile behavior) but I'm willing to bet that 9 out of 10 locker-rooms know where to draw the line and police themselves to a point of true professionalism...

Eloquently stated AC. I thought teammates were suppose to have your back. Even one of the coaches saw this bulllying and did nothing about it. I really hope that Martin decides to play in 2014.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Care to wager on that? If Martin does play another down in the NFL will you change your name to Martinisastud for 3 months?

No, I won't. Mainly because he's no stud, but more importantly because I'm not allowed to or would want that name.

I'll put $1 vCash on it though.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saying, I had a job some years back in SF at 17th & Market, aka the Castro district, and I wouldn't necessarily equate "being a pussy" or not standing up for one's self as an indication of someone being gay. Ever seen a gay guy pull someone out of their car and stomp 'em out for yelling "fag"? I have.

I've seen MANY straight guys act like complete and utter bitches. Some people are just soft.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Vernon Davis' piece on Mike and Mike this morning where they tried to gewt him to say that Martin would be accepted in the 49er locker room was very telling. He said "Richie Incognito is a great guy and I have nothing to say about Jonathan Martin". He was very careful with his words but his meaning was clear. He was disgusted by Martin's behavior. I was very impressed

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saying, I had a job some years back in SF at 17th & Market, aka the Castro district, and I wouldn't necessarily equate "being a pussy" or not standing up for one's self as an indication of someone being gay. Ever seen a gay guy pull someone out of their car and stomp 'em out for yelling "fag"? I have.

I've seen MANY straight guys act like complete and utter bitches. Some people are just soft.

Martin was considering suicide and clearly did not like himself. that is usually an indication that he is hiding something deviant about his lifestyle that makes him hate himself. He's a closted gay alright.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wouldn't stand up for himself, got bullied as a 315 pound man and just looks like a soft fag. Nothing wrong with that in real life but not for an NFL Left Tackle. You watch, it'll come out.

Typical Toby logic:

"Generalization about people of a particular sexual preference."

"Homophobic slur."

"I love other bigots!"

"That Jonathan Martin shouldn't have just sat there and taken all this abuse. He should have stood up for himself. The fact that he didn't is clear evidence he's gay."

"That Michael Sam shouldn't speak openly about his sexuality."