• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Jonathan Martin checked into looney bin

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, no thanks. He's not good enough to bring his BS aboard and I'm glad Baalke will be smart enough to see this. Go Niners!

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times am I going to hear the phrase, "just an opinion" today? Of course predictions are opinions. What else could they be? Aldon Smith is an alcoholic who's 1 strike away from a 16-game suspension. Incognito got told on for saying bad words. You decide which one is a bigger concern.

And signing Incognio & drafting a center are not mutually exclusive. There'll be 2 roster spots available when Snyder & Goodwin are gone anyway.

He is? How is he 1 strike away? What discipline has the league imposed on Aldon?

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners would be stupid to want Icognito to be the starting C. Just looking at it from a pure football standpoint. He's never been a full time C, he's never been that great of a player, and he'll get paid the vet min(900k I think). 900k may sound cheap but I would rather pay a rookie or use Kilgore and use the 900k elsewhere. All the other stuff he did just makes it a no brainer.

He's not worth the Niners time.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not. I'm confident he's not going to use the N word again. He's been Kramered.

What else has he done that's such a big red flag that makes him not even worth a roster spot in the NFL? There are plenty of players in the league with criminal records whom NFL teams sign. The Packers signed Johnny Jolly for crap's sake. And he did really well with 'em.

Just going back a couple days ago, right before the reports came out, Incognito was on twitter talking out of his neck and putting Martin on blast...

Doesn't that just tell you even with a magnifying glass on him and a major report about to come out, he still didn't get it? Don't you think that is some what of a red flag?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just going back a couple days ago, right before the reports came out, Incognito was on twitter talking out of his neck and putting Martin on blast...

Doesn't that just tell you even with a magnifying glass on him and a major report about to come out, he still didn't get it? Don't you think that is some what of a red flag?

As he should have. Martin is a bitch who turned on his teammates.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, they're already throwing out San Fran as a possible landing spot for JMart... lol

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they're already throwing out San Fran as a possible landing spot for JMart... lol

Who is? I haven't seen that yet, did they say something about that on ESPN?

If he can play, doesn't bring any trouble and doesn't cost very much then I would be fine with it. We have a different locker room in SF from what I understand as Miami is a bad organization from top to bottom. Right now I am concerned with three things, can he play, how much he would cost and will he bring trouble to our locker room. We are a Superbowl caliber team so I don't know if I want any distractions this season.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Who is? I haven't seen that yet, did they say something about that on ESPN?

If he can play, doesn't bring any trouble and doesn't cost very much then I would be fine with it. We have a different locker room in SF from what I understand as Miami is a bad organization from top to bottom. Right now I am concerned with three things, can he play, how much he would cost and will he bring trouble to our locker room. We are a Superbowl caliber team so I don't know if I want any distractions this season.

ya, I was going through clips and I think it was Clayton who mentioned it... He was only talking about possibilities, saying that he would be a good swing-tackle for the Niners and because Harbaugh was his former coach. He also mentioned Indy because of Luck...

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As he should have. Martin is a bitch who turned on his teammates.

Wrong Toby, the problem was that Martin DIDN'T turn on his teammates, he never told Philbin or anyone else when things got out of control.

As for Martin coming to SF; two things, he used to play for Harbaugh and I'm sure Harbaugh polices the locker room or has enough standup guys like Willis and Justin Smith and Gore that that sort of bs would never happen. And by the way, Mark Schlereth, who is far tougher than you and I put together Toby has said that what happened to Martin was horrific.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wrong Toby, the problem was that Martin DIDN'T turn on his teammates, he never told Philbin or anyone else when things got out of control.

As for Martin coming to SF; two things, he used to play for Harbaugh and I'm sure Harbaugh polices the locker room or has enough standup guys like Willis and Justin Smith and Gore that that sort of bs would never happen. And by the way, Mark Schlereth, who is far tougher than you and I put together Toby has said that what happened to Martin was horrific.

Schlereth: Don't lose crucial parts of 'the code' in NFL locker rooms - ESPN

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You simply cannot have a pussy playing Left Tackle; cannot happen. Martin is 6'5" and weighs 315 pounds. How the fuck could he not be able sto stand up for himself in that locker room. He is mentally and physically weak, a terrible combination for an NFL player, and the 49ers want no part of him.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that is simply because Martin is clearly gay and SF has a rep for being a city that is tolerant of gays. I don't think there's any validity to the talk of Martin coming here. At least I hope not.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is simply because Martin is clearly gay and SF has a rep for being a city that is tolerant of gays. I don't think there's any validity to the talk of Martin coming here. At least I hope not.

Why would any team want that coward? His black teammates sided with Richie but we are led to believe, Martin was bullied? Martin will never play another down in the NFL.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Why do you think Martin is clearly gay?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would any team want that coward? His black teammates sided with Richie but we are led to believe, Martin was bullied? Martin will never play another down in the NFL.

Care to wager on that? If Martin does play another down in the NFL will you change your name to Martinisastud for 3 months?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Care to wager on that? If Martin does play another down in the NFL will you change your name to Martinisastud for 3 months?

Or even better, change you name to IwasWRONGaboutMartin

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodub, I think some team will sign Martin after he is released by the Dolphins. He could have done some things differently, but the Dolphins locker room was toxic. I think you're absolutely correct that he will play in 2014.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodub, I think some team will sign Martin after he is released by the Dolphins. He could have done some things differently, but the Dolphins locker room was toxic. I think you're absolutely correct that he will play in 2014.

He will certainly play in 2014 if he decides to play again, a lot of people on this board seem to fall in love with their own opinion or ideals without thinking of how it relates to reality.

Last edited by a moderator: