• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Jonathan Martin checked into looney bin

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but the proof of not being a bully was elsewhere, like in these texts. The teammate support wasn't proof of anything as bullying teammates and non-bullying teammates of a non-bully would act the same (stick up for Incognito).
I never said Martin's accusations, leaving the team, etc. was proof of bullying, just that teammate support when the accusation was team bullying culture wasn't proof either.

Dang, that was a mouthful! I guess I can't tell what you are trying to say.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this new independent research comes out and is pretty crazy apparently. I was listening to "analysts" this morning talk about it. They were mentioning that gold ol Roger has a perfect time and will probably use it to create a league wide rulebook for locker room activity. Try and institute rules on what you can say and how you can interact with other people. They even mentioned like some sort of "officer" type in each locker room.

With the way the rules are changing and Goodell being a dictator of sorts, do you think in the near future a competing football league would finally be able to establish itself? I think fans and players alike are getting frustrated with the direction of the NFL, and if a new league looked a little bit more like the old NFL it might have a chance. Maybe some really good players would consider taking a chance with it. I know it is highly unlikely, but I think the NFL is turing into a police state and eventually people revolt.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a politically expediant, ass-covering crock of shit this report is.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A lot of people will and already are spouting off after not reading the majority of the report, which is not surprising and unfortunate, but one of the few parts I've seen so far that I would recommend checking out is the text exchange Incognito had with Pouncey RIGHT after telling Martin, "I'm here for you my dude." Ridiculous on so many levels.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One more thing. From Ian Rapoport:

Richie Incognito kept a fine book for OL kangaroo court. On 11/3, he texted players “They’re going to suspend me. Please destroy fine book”

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Richie Incognito kept a fine book for OL kangaroo court. On 11/3, he texted players “They’re going to suspend me. Please destroy fine book”

Ian Rapoport:

In ’12, Incognito & teammate texted about buying a rifle. Richie: “Perfect for shooting black people.” Player: Lol exactly. Or Jeff Ireland”

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to hurry up and end this so they can move on to the bigger issue of the Seattle Seahawks bullying and embarrassing of the Denver Broncos on National TV. That crap was far more embarrassing and harmful to the league than some locker room BS.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way the rules are changing and Goodell being a dictator of sorts, do you think in the near future a competing football league would finally be able to establish itself? I think fans and players alike are getting frustrated with the direction of the NFL, and if a new league looked a little bit more like the old NFL it might have a chance. Maybe some really good players would consider taking a chance with it. I know it is highly unlikely, but I think the NFL is turing into a police state and eventually people revolt.

Is the new league going to find a way to avoid players suing them for their injuries? Is the new league going to be able to find a way not to cave to pressure to manage the lockerroom, homophobia, racism, etc.? I feel that with business, there'll always be overreaction, a sense of action always needing to be big or send a message that doesn't really resolve the issue. Certainly there are better ways than what Goodell and his crew have done to handle these things, but there are a lot of issues that a new league would face that this league is or has been and sometimes, the "solution" will turn out the same, where no one likes that solution and it's spun. I just think it would be the same problems in a different league name - plus the difficulty of start-up.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
re: The Fine Book.....obviously this is all asshole stuff, but still kind of funny:

Moreover, shortly after Martin left the team, Incognito made a number of telling entries
in a notebook used to keep track of “fines” the offensive linemen imposed on each other
in their “kangaroo court” (typically for trivial infractions such as arriving late to
meetings). Incognito recorded a $200 fine against himself for “breaking Jmart,” awarded
another lineman who had been verbally taunted a $250 bonus for “not cracking first,” and
wrote down a number of penalties against Martin for acting like a “pussy.”

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Is it wrong that while I'm increasingly appalled by Incognito's BS as I read this report, I find a few of these incidents funny?

On December 7, 2012, the anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl
Harbor, Incognito, Jerry and Pouncey donned traditional Japanese headbands that
featured a rising sun emblem (which the Assistant Trainer had given them) and jokingly
threatened to harm the Assistant Trainer physically in retaliation for the Pearl Harbor
attack

Its like with everything else here.....with most people they could roll with this stuff, even if it is a bit relentless and uncalledfor. And unfortunately for the most part the victims kept their complaints either to themselves or between themselves. Incognito is a bully, probably picked on these guys exactly because they took it......but the way they reacted instead encouraged more - not only taking it but never indicating any real problem with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people will and already are spouting off after not reading the majority of the report, which is not surprising and unfortunate, but one of the few parts I've seen so far that I would recommend checking out is the text exchange Incognito had with Pouncey RIGHT after telling Martin, "I'm here for you my dude." Ridiculous on so many levels.

No big deal.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not worth mentioning.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to hurry up and end this so they can move on to the bigger issue of the Seattle Seahawks bullying and embarrassing of the Denver Broncos on National TV. That crap was far more embarrassing and harmful to the league than some locker room BS.

Ha ha! Well done!

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins are a joke and Incognito will be lucky to play again. He isn't as talented as guys like Pouncey who will surely remain in the league for a long time, Incognito being slightly above average might have essentially ended his career.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Niners would be insane not to sign Incognito for the minimum now. In fact they could probably lock him up to a 2 or 3 year contract at close to the minimum.

Do it Baalke! Think outside the box!

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners would be insane not to sign Incognito for the minimum now. In fact they could probably lock him up to a 2 or 3 year contract at close to the minimum.

Do it Baalke! Think outside the box!

Stop with this. How would Incognito fit in our locker room? Why even expose your team to someone who has shown to be a cancer everywhere he has gone? That's just silly, no matter how talented (and I don't think he as talented as you do) the player is. Sometimes Sick, you have to look PAST the numbers and evaluate the entire person and how that person's baggage will fit with your team dynamic. I don't see Incognito as someone worth taking a chance on given his shitty past. Not on a team contending for a Super Bowl.