• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Joe Pa done

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Unsure of the truth. I haven't been responding to any non-level-headed posters till now. I don't see you or anyone else trying to make a difference as a direct activist in any sexual abuse prevention hotlines and/or meeting groups. How far removed are you from the responsibility of protecting victims like the ones who were taken advantage of by Sandusky? when 1 in 7 children are sexually abused! so don't tell me it's not relevant in your life.

What...

.....the HELLL are you talking about????

So, Joe firing supporters should the mother be jailed?

Yes.

As to why McQueary still has a job I heard something on the radio that makes a lot of sense. McQueary is the most important witness in this case; he may have some kind of deal in place to protect him because he's going to testify in criminal; court. If that's the case I'm fine with the scum bag still having a job. As long as he FINALLY gets his cowardly ass on the stand to put a Paedophile behind bars.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As to why McQueary still has a job I heard something on the radio that makes a lot of sense. McQueary is the most important witness in this case; he may have some kind of deal in place to protect him because he's going to testify in criminal; court. If that's the case I'm fine with the scum bag still having a job. As long as he FINALLY gets his cowardly ass on the stand to put a Paedophile behind bars.

I'm still not cool with that. It's been nearly 10 years since he should have done something about it. I don't think he deserves the protection of the law anymore.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm still not cool with that. It's been nearly 10 years since he should have done something about it. I don't think he deserves the protection of the law anymore.

Well, I wouldn't want anything done to possibly jeopardize McQueary testifying against Sandusky. I still think it's a travesty that he has a job & isn't in jail himself; and I still think he's a scum bag, but if the prosecutors have to play nice in order to put that predator in prison then I'll take it. The important part is that Sandusky goes away. McQueary will have to live with the fact that the world knows what he did (and didn't do) for the rest of his life. And this is the age of G00gle, faceb00k, etc.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a good comparison today about the situation.

The sheriff = McQueary
The Mayor = JoePa
The victim = the kids
The Shark = Sandusky

The Movie Jaws when the mother confronts the sheriff and slaps him and says "You knew and you did nothing!"

My own theory is that McQueary knew that in 98 the program killed a DA who was a threat to ruining it. He knew he was next if he did try to blow the whistle on the whole thing. I believe that is why he is in protective custody. He is going to be the big key witness to bring everyone down.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my mother who has been a school teacher for over 20 years now was talking to me about this whole thing today and told me something very interesting.

Basically every year she has someone from the state come to talk to her and the other teachers about this very type of incident and what they are suppose to do as teachers. They are instructed to not call the police but to report it to a school consular or administrator. The reason for this is to protect themselves from possible prosecution. They have a teacher there now that did not follow this and called the cops on a child they expected was being neglected by the parents. That teacher is now being sued by the parents and has caused a huge mess for the state.

I would assume all state teachers are told the same thing regardless of grade level. I don't know if pennsylvania state teachers are told the same thing, but I doubt their protocol is much different.

If you assume they are under the same guidelines then Paterno did exactly what he was suppose to. The people that deserve the finger pointing and hositility are Schultz, Curley, and McQueary along with any parent that knew and said nothing.

That or blame the state for not advising teachers to call these things in themselves, but I don't see how you can really do that. The system is place for a reason, but in the case of Penn State the people in power at that university failed the system by not following it through.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my mother who has been a school teacher for over 20 years now was talking to me about this whole thing today and told me something very interesting.

Basically every year she has someone from the state come to talk to her and the other teachers about this very type of incident and what they are suppose to do as teachers. They are instructed to not call the police but to report it to a school consular or administrator. The reason for this is to protect themselves from possible prosecution. They have a teacher there now that did not follow this and called the cops on a child they expected was being neglected by the parents. That teacher is now being sued by the parents and has caused a huge mess for the state.

I would assume all state teachers are told the same thing regardless of grade level. I don't know if pennsylvania state teachers are told the same thing, but I doubt their protocol is much different.

If you assume they are under the same guidelines then Paterno did exactly what he was suppose to. The people that deserve the finger pointing and hositility are Schultz, Curley, and McQueary along with any parent that knew and said nothing.

That or blame the state for not advising teachers to call these things in themselves, but I don't see how you can really do that. The system is place for a reason, but in the case of Penn State the people in power at that university failed the system by not following it through.

I can understand all that and all, but how the hell do you leave after you just saw a kid getting raped? How in the hell can you justify walking out on that and not doing anything about it while it's occurring?

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's different. McQueary should have stopped it, but by not stopping it and reporting it instead to Paterno and his father he allowed for this type of situation to occur. Then again nothing was stopping his father from calling the police over it either, but anyone working for the university would have had a specific protocol to follow in this situation. The problem is either they did not get enough information to go to the police or someone along the chain decided to turn the other way over it.

dez

Town Drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole town is going to go down, coaches,Law enforcement ect..this is going to get interesting

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's different. McQueary should have stopped it, but by not stopping it and reporting it instead to Paterno and his father he allowed for this type of situation to occur. Then again nothing was stopping his father from calling the police over it either, but anyone working for the university would have had a specific protocol to follow in this situation. The problem is either they did not get enough information to go to the police or someone along the chain decided to turn the other way over it.

Anyone at the University, including McQueary, Paterno could have called the state police at any time bnut they decided not to do so. There was no protocol that prtevented them from reporting the r*pe of a child to any law enforcement agency.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So how does this all reflect back on Penn State if it comes out that Joe Paterno did not know anything about child molestation or he did know and did share his info with others but nothing ever came of it? Is it still seen as ok to fire him or does it then become they failed to stand by someone that devoted his life to them?

Way I see it right now is Penn State let down Joe Paterno by not pushing the investigation on Sandusky. McQueary failed that poor child and any victims that came afterward by not stopping Sandusky and reporting it. Penn State also failed any future victims by not acting upon the information they had.

Penn State is using Paterno to try and distance themselves from a situation they caused themselves. How can people not see that? Paterno is the face of Penn State so by getting rid of him they can now say they are different. Paterno however is not the cause of any of this that we know of so far anyway.

You keep McQueary who is a cowardice piece of cow poo in my opinion, but you fire a man that probably would've died for that school. Then you try to tell people it was the morale thing to do. What a bunch of bullshit...

Guilt til proven innocent and by then it won't matter because the media will have ruined you anyway. That's the judicial way these days -_-

If Paterno knew anything about the naked showering he let all of the victims down.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Role of Educators in Preventing and Responding to Child Abuse and Neglect: Chapter 4 - Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect

I can't find that the exact protocol for reporting by a teacher in the state of Pennslyvania would be, but it looks like Georgia has more strict guidelines on it and they require teachers not to report it directly to the police themselves but instead to consular or administrator.

Also an interesting bit of information to those stating Paterno could have called it in without giving his name. The state on Pennslyvania requires anyone reporting a case of child abuse to give their name. They have to give either an oral or written report of what they know so it can be used in a criminal case.

Now then his identity is suppose to be protected under law as well, but that kinda of stuff does get out especially when you're Joe Paterno. Even if it did not his identity would've eventually be known because he probably would've been use against Sandusky in court.

This is why teachers are usually required not to report themselves but to pass the information on to someone higher up the chain of command. The states do not want the burden of these cases on the teachers. They want people higher up the chain representing the school to make these choices and carry the burden of them into any charges or lawsuits. That is part of their job for being in charge and in the case of Penn State Schultz and Curley failed at their job to protect their school and it's employees not to mention it's community.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Role of Educators in Preventing and Responding to Child Abuse and Neglect: Chapter 4 - Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect

I can't find that the exact protocol for reporting by a teacher in the state of Pennslyvania would be, but it looks like Georgia has more strict guidelines on it and they require teachers not to report it directly to the police themselves but instead to consular or administrator.

Also an interesting bit of information to those stating Paterno could have called it in without giving his name. The state on Pennslyvania requires anyone reporting a case of child abuse to give their name. They have to give either an oral or written report of what they know so it can be used in a criminal case.

Now then his identity is suppose to be protected under law as well, but that kinda of stuff does get out especially when you're Joe Paterno. Even if it did not his identity would've eventually be known because he probably would've been use against Sandusky in court.

This is why teachers are usually required not to report themselves but to pass the information on to someone higher up the chain of command. The states do not want the burden of these cases on the teachers. They want people higher up the chain representing the school to make these choices and carry the burden of them into any charges or lawsuits. That is part of their job for being in charge and in the case of Penn State Schultz and Curley failed at their job to protect their school and it's employees not to mention it's community.

This might be the protocol for reporting suspected abuse. But when you actually witness a little boy being raped or are told by an eye witness that a little boy was being raped the protocol must be different because it is criminal not to report a crime.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This might be the protocol for reporting suspected abuse. But when you actually witness a little boy being raped or are told by an eye witness that a little boy was being raped the protocol must be different because it is criminal not to report a crime.

Again, we don't know exactly what Mcqueary told Joe Pa.

Also just because you're told sensitive information from a trusted source doesn't mean you can't still be suspicious of what actually happened.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There should have been a law enforcement investigation to interview the witness and get to the bottom of "exactly " what he saw and not heresay through 3 or 4 other people!

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There should have been a law enforcement investigation to interview the witness and get to the bottom of "exactly " what he saw and not heresay through 3 or 4 other people!

Easy enough right? We need an investigator to investigate the investigation.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually I agree. McQueary should have stopped him in the act and reported it. That was a crime in progress and McQueary could have reported it, but Joe Paterno could not because he was not a witness to it. He had to report it as suspected child abuse which would have required the school to look into a make the claim. It seems the school either did not have the available information to do so or just decided not to care.

Paterno is honestly the one people I'm least upset at in how he handled the situation. McQueary and the school officials though are spineless cowards that should be ashamed of themsevles.

I think McQueary just needs to retire because his coaching career is done. I saw a former player on ESPN and he put it best. He said as a player I would not be able to look that man in the eye because in my eyes he is not man and would not deserve my respect as such. How could anyone look at him any different? A 28 year old man runs out on a 10 year old child in need of help? Does it get any more cowardly than that?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, we don't know exactly what Mcqueary told Joe Pa.

Also just because you're told sensitive information from a trusted source doesn't mean you can't still be suspicious of what actually happened.

I think we all know you have a horse in the race, 1z. I doubt this would be your opinion if you weren't such a huge Penn St. fan.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Actually I agree. McQueary should have stopped him in the act and reported it. That was a crime in progress and McQueary could have reported it, but Joe Paterno could not because he was not a witness to it. He had to report it as suspected child abuse which would have required the school to look into a make the claim.

That is complete and utter bull shit! If Paterno told his neighbor and his neighbor told his cousin and his cousin told me then I could report it to the police. What a crock!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
For those of you who ignorantly are giving Joe Pa' a pass on this one consider the fact that it is extremely unlikely that he, among many other people, didn't know about Sandusky's alleged 1998 sexual abuse. Apparently he was caught showering with a boy in 1998, and people took him at his word he wouldn't do that any more.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Anyone else hear about thus rumour going around? Is there any evidence of this?

Jerry Sandusky 'Pimped Out Young Boys To Rich Donors' - Business Insider

Jerry Sandusky 'Pimped Out Young Boys To Rich Donors'

Sportswriter Mark Madden went on WEEI in Boston and reported a rumor that alleged child molester Jerry Sandusky would pimp out boys to rich donors.

"I hear a rumor that there will be a shocking development from the Second Miles Foundation ... That Jerry Sandusky and Second Mile were pimping out young boys to rich donors."

Madden claims it's being investigated by "two prominent columnists."

We'd say this is ridiculous, and that you should take it with a grain of salt. But Madden actually wrote about Sandusky for the Beaver County Times six months ago ***8212; long before the scandal blindsided everyone else this week.

Madden also claimed Sandusky was forced out of Penn State in 1999.

"I think you'll find out that Jerry Sandusky was told he had to retire in exchange for a cover up."

Sandusky retired at 55 in 1999, a year after Pennsylvania police investigated (but did not prosecute) him for allegedly molesting a boy.

Again, label this under "RUMOR." But Madden has been out in front of this story before, so stay tuned.

Read more: Jerry Sandusky 'Pimped Out Young Boys To Rich Donors' - Business Insider