• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Joe Pa done

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You missed badly. Particularly with the second quote.

He's saying that through his experiences in college football as a coach, he knows how close coaches are within a team. Therefore, this was a secret that many knew at PSU and chose to keep secret.

The man being quoted, since your reply seems to suggest you don't know, is Barry Switzer.

Yep, thanks for correction. So, this is all an assumption.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yep, thanks for correction. So, this is all an assumption.

I'd say it's something stronger than an assumption. It's from someone who has been deeply involved in college athletics. More specifically, from someone who was deeply involved in a high level college football problem. As he was quoted in the article, there is no way the McQueary didn't say anything to anyone else over the last decade about what he saw. There was more than the people indicted and named so far that were keeping this secret.

Do you think JoePa said nothing to Sue? When he told Sandusky he was no longer allowed in the showers etc, what reason was given to the rest of the staff and the team?

The only people involved in this that I can genuinely believe didn't tell anyone about it are the Sandusky's direct victims.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iStock_000002694919XSmall.jpg

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem Sick.....I've almost posted this one (or something similar) a few times over the last few months (on a variety of topics). Recent posts finally pushed me over the edge. Gotta love Google.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd say it's something stronger than an assumption. It's from someone who has been deeply involved in college athletics. More specifically, from someone who was deeply involved in a high level college football problem. As he was quoted in the article, there is no way the McQueary didn't say anything to anyone else over the last decade about what he saw. There was more than the people indicted and named so far that were keeping this secret.

Do you think JoePa said nothing to Sue? When he told Sandusky he was no longer allowed in the showers etc, what reason was given to the rest of the staff and the team?

The only people involved in this that I can genuinely believe didn't tell anyone about it are the Sandusky's direct victims.

While it's Switzer's opinion on what might have happened, I'm still waiting to see if there's anymore that comes out about the case before deciding that it's true.

I don't think Joe Pa made an announcement to his staff saying, "Sandusky is not allowed to shower with boys anymore" That's one of those things you can enforce without needing extra eyes to be sure.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it's Switzer's opinion on what might have happened, I'm still waiting to see if there's anymore that comes out about the case before deciding that it's true.

I don't think Joe Pa made an announcement to his staff saying, "Sandusky is not allowed to shower with boys anymore" That's one of those things you can enforce without needing extra eyes to be sure.

How, honor system?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

What the hell else do you need more than a Grand friggn' Jury under oath testimony stating Paterno reiderated that Sandusky was "fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy?" You just lost all credibility.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

So Joe didn't tell anyone about the new rule for Sandusky?

How can you enforce it without extra eyes? Was Joe watching Sandusky 24/7?

I tend to agree with Switzer. There is no way more people than we realize didn't know about this.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
How, honor system?

As disgusting as it is that is exactly how Penn State authorities enforced Sandusky's shower ban while putting their fingers in their fingers in their ears and saying, "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!!!"

Scum bags.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You don't think JoePa got home that night and said to Sue "I heard the weirdest/most disturbing story today about Sandusky. . . . "

You think that McQueary, Paterno and the other two jackasses didn't say ANYTHING to ANYONE about this for a decade?

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
PSU is going to get the shit sued out of them for this.

Paterno's defense amounts to, in a best case scenario for him, willful blindness.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think JoePa got home that night and said to Sue "I heard the weirdest/most disturbing story today about Sandusky. . . . "

You think that McQueary, Paterno and the other two jackasses didn't say ANYTHING to ANYONE about this for a decade?

Exactly.....

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Let's imagine for a second that McQueary didn't give Joe details. Let's say he went to Paterno and said

"Coach, I saw Coach Sandusky in the shower with a kid that looked he was about 10."

and just left it at that. Doesn't Paterno have a responsibility, morally if not legally, to ask for a little bit more? I think it's more disturbing that Paterno allegedly didn't ask for details than if he did. If he didn't it's got to be for one of three reasons.

1. He wanted to protect his friend and, well, what you don't know can't hurt you.
2. He didn't care what was going on in the shower.
3. He already knew about Sandusky's perversion and didn't need the details.

If this were a multiple choice test, which of the above paints Paterno in the best light, fully acknowledging that the best light in this case is the rough equivalent to pond scum, but not quite the sum of the earth, as that is clearly Sandusky.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Let's imagine for a second that McQueary didn't give Joe details. Let's say he went to Paterno and said

"Coach, I saw Coach Sandusky in the shower with a kid that looked he was about 10."

and just left it at that. Doesn't Paterno have a responsibility, morally if not legally, to ask for a little bit more? I think it's more disturbing that Paterno allegedly didn't ask for details than if he did. If he didn't it's got to be for one of three reasons.

1. He wanted to protect his friend and, well, what you don't know can't hurt you.
2. He didn't care what was going on in the shower.
3. He already knew about Sandusky's perversion and didn't need the details.

If this were a multiple choice test, which of the above paints Paterno in the best light, fully acknowledging that the best light in this case is the rough equivalent to pond scum, but not quite the sum of the earth, as that is clearly Sandusky.

This. And let's not pretend this was a quick little two sentence conversation and they left it at that. McQueary & his dad CALLED Paterno and then went to his friggn' house. You don't call someone and then go to their house to vaguely imply an alleged something after which Paterno went to his boss the next day.

Last edited by a moderator:

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I tend to agree with Switzer. There is no way more people than we realize didn't know about this.

Not saying I know, but it doesn't seem likely in my mind.

Blind faith, along with Sandusky being aware that Mcqueary knew and any of the people Mcqueary told would be keeping an eye on him (so there would be extra eyes)

The truth you choose might be the actual truth, but I'll wait before proclaiming I know the truth.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. And let's not pretend this was a quick little two sentence conversation and they left it at that. McQueary & his dad CALLED Paterno and then went to his friggn' house. You don't call someone and then go to their house to vaguely imply an alleged something after which Paterno went to his boss the next day.

Man.....you guys are on tonight! Co-signed.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Not saying I know, but it doesn't seem likely in my mind.

Blind faith, along with Sandusky being aware that Mcqueary knew and any of the people Mcqueary told would be keeping an eye on him (so there would be extra eyes)

The truth you choose might be the actual truth, but I'll wait before proclaiming I know the truth.

Your first two responses (JoePa not telling anyone Sandusky is not allowed in the locker room and "Blind faith. . . " reflect really poorly on JoePa.

If either of those are true, then he absolutely had to be fired. He is definitely liable in civil court and possibly in criminal court (endangering a minor etc).

Again, that's IF your suggestions above are correct.