• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Joe Pa done

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think we all know you have a horse in the race, 1z. I doubt this would be your opinion if you weren't such a huge Penn St. fan.

If I wasn't a fan of PSU I probably wouldn't dig so deep into it. And based on the findings that have come out so far, I feel the obligation to defend Paterno and Curley.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
And based on the findings that have come out so far, I feel the obligation to defend Paterno and Curley.

What findings would those be? The "findings" that he was complicit in a cover up?

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And based on the findings that have come out so far, I feel the obligation to defend Paterno and Curley.

What findings would those be? The "findings" that he was complicit in a cover up?

The findings so far don't say there's a cover-up on PSU's behalf.

We know the following:

- Mcqueary came into the penn st locker room late at night to find Sandusky in the act of raping a young boy in the shower.

- Mcqueary then went to talk to his father about what he saw.

- The next day Mcqueary informs Joe Pa that he say Sandusky in the shower with a young boy. (We don't know the verbiage used to describe what he saw)

- Joe Pa immediately tells his uppers about what Mcqueary witnessed.

- Mcqueary meets with Gary Shultz and Tim Curley. (Again verbiage is key)

- After one and a half weeks Sandusky is told not to shower with kids.

I want to know more details about the investigation in 1998. Who knew about it and why wasn't Sandusky arrested by the police who were eavesdropping on him after he made an admission to one of the victim's mother that he had been inappropriately touching him.

A link on just the facts VVVvvvVVV

Penn State Scandal: A Timeline Of Abuse And Major Events In The Sandusky Case | Ology

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The findings so far don't say there's a cover-up on PSU's behalf.

Wow. I didn't know you got internet when living in a cave.

- The next day Mcqueary informs Joe Pa that he say Sandusky in the shower with a young boy. (We don't know the verbiage used to describe what he saw)

Oh you mean the same Sandusky who was caught doing the same thing in 1998 when he was still on the staff & somehow Paterno didn't know aout it? And a guy who sees a r*pe in the shower apparently uses "vague terminology?" And that same vague terminology was passed on to Paterno's superiors? So somehow NOBODY knew it was a r*pe except McQueary because, for some reason, he used vague terminology with everyone?

Well your "vague terminology" theory is wrong. According to the grand jury testimony McQueary and his father "...decided that the graduate assistant had to promptly report what he had seen to Coach Joe Paterno."

You're trying to make a defense for this when there is none. Don't go from uninformed and grossly naive to total jackass by trying to defend Paterno's cowardly ass any further.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Just in case I didn't thoroughly destroy your "verbiage" theory. From the Grand Jury testimony:

"The next morning, a Saturday, the graduate assistant telephoned Paterno and went to Paterno's home, where he reported what he had seen."

"...Paterno called Tim Curley, ("Curley"), Penn State athletic director and Paterno's immediate superior, to his home the very next day, a Sunday, and reported to him that the graduate assistant had seen Jerry Sandusky in the Lasch building showers fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy."

Any and all defenses for Paterno have now been destroyed. You're welcome.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Finally found the bigger portion to copy & paste again:

GRAND JURY TESTIMONY OF Mike McQueary:

On March 1, 2002, a Penn State graduate assistant (***8220;graduate assistant) who was then 28 years old, entered the locker room at the Lasch Football Building on the University Park Campus on a Friday night near the beginning of Spring Break.

The graduate assistant, who was familiar with Sandusky, was going to put some newly purchased sneakers in his locker and get some recruiting tapes to watch. It was about 9:30 p.m. As the graduate assistant entered the locker room doors, he was surprised to find the lights and showers on. He then heard slapping sounds.He believed the sounds to be those of sexual activity. As the graduate assistant put the sneakers in his locker, he looked into the shower. He saw a naked boy, Victim 2, whose age he estimated to be 10 years old, with his hands up against the wall, being subjected to anal intercourse by a naked Sandusky. The graduate assistant was shocked but noticed that both Victim 2 and Sandusky saw him. The graduate assistant left immediately, distraught.

The graduate assistant went to his office and called his father, reporting to him what he had seen. His father told the graduate assistant to leave the building and come to his home. The graduate assistant and his father decided that the graduate assistant had to report what he had seen to Coach Joe Paterno (***8220;Paterno***8221), head football coach of Penn State. The next morning, a Saturday, the graduate assistant telephoned Paterno and went to Paterno***8217;s home, where he reported what he had seen.

Joseph V. Paterno testified to receiving the graduate assistant***8217;s report at his home on a Saturday morning. Paterno testified that the graduate assistant was very upset. Paterno called Tim Curley (***8220;Curley***8221), Penn State Athletic Director and Paterno***8217;s immediate superior, to his home the very next day, a Sunday, and reported to him that the graduate assistant had seen Jerry Sandusky in the Lasch Building showers fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy.

Approximately one and a half weeks later, the graduate assistant was called to a meeting with Penn State Athletic Director Curley and Senior Vice President for Finance and Business Gary Schultz (***8220;Schultz***8221). The graduate assistant reported to Curley and Schultz that he had witnessed what he believed to be Sandusky having anal sex with a boy in the Lasch Building showers. Curley and Schultz assured the graduate assistant that they would look into it and determine what further action they would take. Paterno was not present for this meeting.

The graduate assistant heard back from Curley a couple of weeks later. He was told that Sandusky***8217;s keys to the locker room were taken away and that the incident had been reported to The Second Mile. The graduate assistant was never questioned by University Police and no other entity conducted an investigation until he testified in Grand Jury in December, 2010. The Grand Jury finds the graduate assistant***8217;s testimony to be extremely credible.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Finally found the bigger portion to copy & paste again:

GRAND JURY TESTIMONY OF Mike McQueary:

On March 1, 2002, a Penn State graduate assistant (***8220;graduate assistant) who was then 28 years old, entered the locker room at the Lasch Football Building on the University Park Campus on a Friday night near the beginning of Spring Break.

The graduate assistant, who was familiar with Sandusky, was going to put some newly purchased sneakers in his locker and get some recruiting tapes to watch. It was about 9:30 p.m. As the graduate assistant entered the locker room doors, he was surprised to find the lights and showers on. He then heard slapping sounds.He believed the sounds to be those of sexual activity. As the graduate assistant put the sneakers in his locker, he looked into the shower. He saw a naked boy, Victim 2, whose age he estimated to be 10 years old, with his hands up against the wall, being subjected to anal intercourse by a naked Sandusky. The graduate assistant was shocked but noticed that both Victim 2 and Sandusky saw him. The graduate assistant left immediately, distraught.

The graduate assistant went to his office and called his father, reporting to him what he had seen. His father told the graduate assistant to leave the building and come to his home. The graduate assistant and his father decided that the graduate assistant had to report what he had seen to Coach Joe Paterno (***8220;Paterno***8221), head football coach of Penn State. The next morning, a Saturday, the graduate assistant telephoned Paterno and went to Paterno***8217;s home, where he reported what he had seen.

Joseph V. Paterno testified to receiving the graduate assistant***8217;s report at his home on a Saturday morning. Paterno testified that the graduate assistant was very upset. Paterno called Tim Curley (***8220;Curley***8221), Penn State Athletic Director and Paterno***8217;s immediate superior, to his home the very next day, a Sunday, and reported to him that the graduate assistant had seen Jerry Sandusky in the Lasch Building showers fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy.

Approximately one and a half weeks later, the graduate assistant was called to a meeting with Penn State Athletic Director Curley and Senior Vice President for Finance and Business Gary Schultz (***8220;Schultz***8221). The graduate assistant reported to Curley and Schultz that he had witnessed what he believed to be Sandusky having anal sex with a boy in the Lasch Building showers. Curley and Schultz assured the graduate assistant that they would look into it and determine what further action they would take. Paterno was not present for this meeting.

The graduate assistant heard back from Curley a couple of weeks later. He was told that Sandusky***8217;s keys to the locker room were taken away and that the incident had been reported to The Second Mile. The graduate assistant was never questioned by University Police and no other entity conducted an investigation until he testified in Grand Jury in December, 2010. The Grand Jury finds the graduate assistant***8217;s testimony to be extremely credible.

Response to 1st bold print
There are different ways to describe what you see

Response to 2nd bold print
Pages 3 and 4 of this thread is where it has already been discussed.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Response to 1st bold print
There are different ways to describe what you see.

Oh you mean like describing: "FONDLING OR DOING SOMETHING OF A SEXUAL NATURE!!!??? You're getting dangerously close to that total Jackass line.

Oh, and once again, I give you:

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You caught the date on that article, right? Apparently this guy is ground zero for this scandal......helluva bold move on his part. This is the piece where I got the idea that plenty of people knew about Sandusky, which is why he never worked in football again after 98, when he was only mid-50s.

Yep. Madden's been on this trail for some time....that's why his pimping allegations are so disturbing.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Switzer's quotes resonate as well....

***8220;Having been in this profession a long time and knowing how close coaching staffs are, I knew that this was a secret that was kept secret,***8221; Switzer said. ***8220;Everyone on that staff had to have known, the ones that had been around a long time.***8221;
Those are chilling words. They are the most disturbing missives, not in a week filled with heinous reports and atrocious news, but read again what Switzer said. Everyone had to have known.
Everyone.
If that doesn't cause a chill to run up your spin, nothing will.

Read more: Penn State tragedy: Barry Switzer says Joe Paterno had to go | NewsOK.com

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else hear about thus rumour going around? Is there any evidence of this?

Jerry Sandusky 'Pimped Out Young Boys To Rich Donors' - Business Insider

Jerry Sandusky 'Pimped Out Young Boys To Rich Donors'

Sportswriter Mark Madden went on WEEI in Boston and reported a rumor that alleged child molester Jerry Sandusky would pimp out boys to rich donors.

"I hear a rumor that there will be a shocking development from the Second Miles Foundation ... That Jerry Sandusky and Second Mile were pimping out young boys to rich donors."

Madden claims it's being investigated by "two prominent columnists."

We'd say this is ridiculous, and that you should take it with a grain of salt. But Madden actually wrote about Sandusky for the Beaver County Times six months ago ***8212; long before the scandal blindsided everyone else this week.

Madden also claimed Sandusky was forced out of Penn State in 1999.

"I think you'll find out that Jerry Sandusky was told he had to retire in exchange for a cover up."

Sandusky retired at 55 in 1999, a year after Pennsylvania police investigated (but did not prosecute) him for allegedly molesting a boy.

Again, label this under "RUMOR." But Madden has been out in front of this story before, so stay tuned.

Read more: Jerry Sandusky 'Pimped Out Young Boys To Rich Donors' - Business Insider

I posted a link earlier in the thread with the same allegations. All they are at this point are allegations, but Madden has been all over this story. I hope it's not true...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I hope this story inspired those morons in Washington to try to score points on this & pass a federal law stating that anyone with knowlege of the sexual abuse of a minor and doens't report it to the police is guilty of a criminal offense. I have absolutely no sympathy for anyone who keeps something like this secret. None. No exceptions.

P.S. Stuff like this is why I support the death penalty.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sandusky should have his day in court, due process and all, but if he gets convicted and goes to jail....well pedophiles aren't real popular behind bars. I'm guessing he'll have plenty of chances for "horseplay" in the showers with males younger than him......

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sandusky should have his day in court, due process and all, but if he gets convicted and goes to jail....well pedophiles aren't real popular behind bars. I'm guessing he'll have plenty of chances for "horseplay" in the showers with males younger than him......

For some reason they get extra protection that... say... an armed robber doesn't get. They're not allowed with the general population...

Yes, he deserves his day in court. But have you read the grand jury testimony? This guy doens't have a snow flake's chance. The Grand Jury testimonies inclue 8 victims. They testified themselves to some of the most disgusting things I've ever heard.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Switzer's quotes resonate as well....

***8220;Having been in this profession a long time and knowing how close coaching staffs are, I knew that this was a secret that was kept secret,***8221; Switzer said. ***8220;Everyone on that staff had to have known, the ones that had been around a long time.
***8221;
Those are chilling words. They are the most disturbing missives, not in a week filled with heinous reports and atrocious news, but read again what Switzer said. Everyone had to have known.
Everyone.
If that doesn't cause a chill to run up your spin, nothing will.

Read more: Penn State tragedy: Barry Switzer says Joe Paterno had to go | NewsOK.com

I think this guy must have misspoken.

1.) "had to have known" sounds like he's making an assumption

2.) "Having been in this profession a long time and knowing how close coaching staffs are, I knew that this was a secret that was kept secret," If he knew this was the a secret, then why didn't he report it to the authorities.

3.) "There are so many other people that have thought, ‘I could've done something about this, too' that didn't come forward. That's the tragedy of it.” In case someone misreads this, he's not saying [he] could have come forward, but he's saying the ones who knew and he's not including himself.

This columnist is misleading her readers.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason they get extra protection that... say... an armed robber doesn't get. They're not allowed with the general population...

Yes, he deserves his day in court. But have you read the grand jury testimony? This guy doens't have a snow flake's chance. The Grand Jury testimonies inclue 8 victims. They testified themselves to some of the most disgusting things I've ever heard.

Yep. As much as I could stomach without throwing up. I agree he's guilty, but I also believe in due process. He should have his day in court.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

2.) "Having been in this profession a long time and knowing how close coaching staffs are, I knew that this was a secret that was kept secret," If he knew this was the a secret, then why didn't he report it to the authorities.

3.) "There are so many other people that have thought, ***8216;I could've done something about this, too' that didn't come forward. That's the tragedy of it.***8221; In case someone misreads this, he's not saying [he] could have come forward, but he's saying the ones who knew and he's not including himself.

Are you Paterno's defense attorney? Seriously. God forbid people make assumptions about anything. You might as well not go out the door in teh morning because it's not safe to assume the door isn't rigged with a bomb.

Misleading? You're inching closer to total jackass. It's a column not a court document.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

3.) "There are so many other people that have thought, ‘I could've done something about this, too' that didn't come forward. That's the tragedy of it.” In case someone misreads this, he's not saying [he] could have come forward, but he's saying the ones who knew and he's not including himself.

You missed badly. Particularly with the second quote.

He's saying that through his experiences in college football as a coach, he knows how close coaches are within a team. Therefore, this was a secret that many knew at PSU and chose to keep secret.

The man being quoted, since your reply seems to suggest you don't know, is Barry Switzer.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Imac. You beat me to it. This is exactly what I was about to type. You will be repped.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have now stepped into the zone of complete delusion and bordering on pissing me off. That's not an internet threat, just a statement. Get a clue and wake the fuck up.