• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Joe Pa done

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL welcome to the world of 21st Century social media. I said it several pages ago but in todays world we are all Guilty until proven Innocent in the eyes of the public and by then it does not matter because you're still Guilty.

Get over it. Dez Bryant was suspended for an entire year for having dinner with Deion Sanders. I have no sympathy for Joe Pa, who himself admitted that he could've done a lot more.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Officially giving up on this thread. It would seem that wanting to create a verdict trumps knowing the details. As for Joe and Curley, whether guilty or innocent, all I want is the truth.

So in your search for the truth you will completely ignore anything that is damning of JoePa and make excuses for him?

Are you OJ's PI? How's the search for the real killer going?

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Paterno would be out of line if he did not report what McQueary told him, but because he did the responsibility of it falls on the university officials that refused to look very deep into it. We don't know right now if Paterno ever tried to see how the investigation was going. I mean clearly whatever was decided by those officials was not only good enough for Paterno but McQueary as well.

Also again, it is not Joe Paterno's job to monitor things at that school outside of the football program especially when it pertains to a non-school employee.

Look maybe a bad example here but if you catch someone at work stealing what do you do?

1.) Call the cops a crime is taking place?
2.) Stop the person by any means necessary?
3.) Report the theft to a superior?

Now the right answer according to most any place of business is to report it to a superior. This is not so the person can get away with theft but to protect you from possibly making a false claim and/or putting yourself in a situation were making the claim causes unfavorable working conditions.

That does not mean option #1 and #2 are wrong though depending on the context of the situation. If that employee is robbing the store with gun you call the cops if able. If they are violently assaulting someone you step in and stop them.

Given the context of the Penn State situation McQueary should have done something more than report it to Joe Paterno if it was as serious as he claims. Paterno however was not in a situation were he really could have done a lot more than he did.

Yes he could have called the police himself. Hell he could have and should have advised McQueary to do so but by that admission so should have McQueary's father.

I know it does not sit well with people but Joe did what Joe had to do in that situation to protect himself. I'm sure in hindsight he wished he did more, but if he did lets say call the cops he could've been fired or worst had legal action taking against him if McQuearys' claim were untrue. You think Penn State would've been happy about their head coach getting involved in a criminal case without telling them first?

He is not a witness to a crime but his testimony I would think will be key to this case. Once we get these people under oath on the stand to testify what they each said to one another I hope we get a much more clear picture as to how this all happened.

I just find it so hard to believe McQueary could witness a child being raped and not clearly get his point across and make sure that man was behind bars, and if he thought the school was covering it up how could he stay on and work with that school for all these years?

Someone told him that his former coach who has an office in his department and uses his weight room and locker room was seen raping (or fondling) a kid in his showers.
I don't care what his technical or legal responsibilities are, his moral responsibility is to call the cops.

you are comparing m e seeing someone steal from my employer to knowledge of a child being raped? GTFO

Joe could have called the police and reported what he was told. If he had, most likely no more children would have been raped.

Yes, others should have done more but that doesn't excuse Paterno.

Joe had to protect himself so he let countless more children get raped in the ass. What a brave and moral man he must be.

He could not have been fired for reporting a r*pe to the police. Joe Paterno was BY FAR the most powerful man on that campus, it could be argued that he was thew most powerful man in the state of Pennsylvania.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That sorry fuck put the reputation of his football program above the welfare of those children. No telling how many more kids Sandusky molested because Paterno did not have him arrested 10 years ago. The fact that he let that slime ball on the campus up until this week is downright criminal.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What am I missing here? Joe Pa, 76~ years old at the time, fired for not telling authorities about that his QB coach saw the DC in the shower with a little boy. He did have the sense to tell the Athletic Director though and there was an investigation by not only PSU but the state. The DC was fired from the football team and told not to shower with boys anymore, but no legal action was pressed against him. How come this didn't gain publicity earlier when it was under investigation? Why wasn't the DC jailed after finding out he did in fact take part in the wrong doing!?

Paterno wouldn't allow it to go public. He is the most powerful man at Penn State and no one wanted to go up against him when he opted to cover it up.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So the kid that witnessed it is guilty for not pursuing it further, but the guy with the power to do something about it isn't? He may not have the power to ban Sandusky (I find that nearly impossible to accept) directly, but he absolutely could have gone to the president and said "something has to be done about this."

But that's not enough. Banning him from PSU is not enough. Once Paterno knew what the accusations were, he had the responsibility to see justice brought to Sandusky.

I don't see how McQueary can be responsible and not Paterno.

As for the part in bold, it's abundantly clear that one of the men that knew about and allowed this type of action is Joe Paterno. I'm disturbed by your inclusion of the clause "on school grounds" in that statement though. It seems to suggest that it would have been enough to stop Sandusky from raping boys on the Penn State campus would have been sufficient and then all who knew would be in the clear.

All who knew had the responsibility of seeing Sandusky brought to the authorities. And those authorities should not have a vested interest in protecting the school's image.

It sickens me to see all this excuse making for poor Joe Paterno after he let this shit go on for 10 more years. He's a fucking villian not a victim..

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paterno wouldn't allow it to go public. He is the most powerful man at Penn State and no one wanted to go up against him when he opted to cover it up.

Maybe that ends up how it all played out, but just because that is the conspiracy theory at the moment does not make it true. A lot people think their is good enough evidence to show our government possibly knew of the 9-11 attacks, that JFK was not shot by lee harvey oswald, and that aliens landed on earth a few thousand years ago.

Last thing from me, just because it's outlined in the indictment does not mean it's true because if it did Sandusky would already be serving several life time terms. The indictment is just a showing a collection of evidence they have to take Sandusky to court. The truth will start to take shape during a trial. I just hope whatever the jury decides that justice is done.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Maybe that ends up how it all played out, but just because that is the conspiracy theory at the moment does not make it true. A lot people think their is good enough evidence to show our government possibly knew of the 9-11 attacks, that JFK was not shot by lee harvey oswald, and that aliens landed on earth a few thousand years ago.

Ok, so now it's a "Conspiracy theory" that Joe Pa' knew about the molestation when the Grand Jury report says McQueary called him and went over to his friggn' home the next day to tell him what he saw? You're correct; that's right on par with Aliens landing. :rolleyes2:

Not going to the police is the same thing as a cover up. If it were HIS kids or grand kids I know for damn sure he would've went to the police.

Joe Pa', McQueary, Curley, Schultz, the President of the school (Graham) all chose the way of CORRUPT, spineless cowards. Period.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to distinguish what Joe Pa really knew. Based off vague hearsay I thought it was appropriate that he'd contact his uppers about the event. We don't know if Joe was told that Sandusky was "fondling", "touching", or "horsing around" in the showers. "Horsing around" matches up with Tim Curley's testimony though, which is why I choose to believe that's what Joe Pa was notified of.

I can imagine Joe had the impression that if any of this was true, that the Athletic Director would take care of it. And as a precautionary measure Joe told Sandusky to not bring children on campus anymore.

Yet he wasn't held to this standard.

I don't understand how anybody with a lukewarm IQ has trouble figuring out that "grown man + young boy + caught in shower together without clothes" = SERIOUS PROBLEM.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't understand how anybody with a lukewarm IQ has trouble figuring out that "grown man + young boy + caught in shower together without clothes" = SERIOUS PROBLEM.

Seriously. It doesn't take Mariska Hargitay to figure that out.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Joe firing supporters should the mother be jailed?

Paterno was worried about protecting his legacy.

The mother was worried about protecting her child, who had already been victimized.

The fact that you can't distinguish a difference is frightening, to be honest.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to intentionally stirr things up, but that makes the mother no better based on what's being used against Joe IMO....

This whole thing is really terrible...

you know, how did this investigation started? or why is it just coming up now anyways?

Do you have kids?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally. If you don't take a stand and try to put the guy away, you are essentially letting him free to keep victimizing children. Who knows, maybe she was payed a visit or something to keep quiet. Or worse...maybe she was paid?? (Not trying to start any wild theories but it's possible)

Do you have kids?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

No, you've got it all wrong. It's just Horseplay. Naked grown man & naked young boy Horseplay. No reason to suspect something is wrong. :rolleyes2:

P.S. The mother was trying to "protect" the child in her own warped mind, but I'd throw her ass in jail too if I could. What a friggn' air head! Keeping a r*pe secret doesn't "protect" your child. It protects the offender.

It wouldn't be easy to bring it all up for the child, but it's still screwed up & totally backwards not to. The kid's going to have emotional problems either way; but this way he faces them and protects the rest of society rather than cowering in the corner his whole life.

It's really easy:

"But mom, I don't wanna."

"I'm sorry son, but you have to do the right thing even if you don't want to."

Life lesson learned.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it's Switzer's opinion on what might have happened, I'm still waiting to see if there's anymore that comes out about the case before deciding that it's true.

I don't think Joe Pa made an announcement to his staff saying, "Sandusky is not allowed to shower with boys anymore" That's one of those things you can enforce without needing extra eyes to be sure.

Why didn't anybody enforce it?

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cant-tell-if-trolling.jpg

Money. Cheers, imac.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you've got it all wrong. It's just Horseplay. Naked grown man & naked young boy Horseplay. No reason to suspect something is wrong. :rolleyes2:

P.S. The mother was trying to "protect" the child in her own warped mind, but I'd throw her ass in jail too if I could. What a friggn' air head! Keeping a r*pe secret doesn't "protect" your child. It protects the offender.

It wouldn't be easy to bring it all up for the child, but it's still screwed up & totally backwards not to. The kid's going to have emotional problems either way; but this way he faces them and protects the rest of society rather than cowering in the corner his whole life.

It's really easy:

"But mom, I don't wanna."

"I'm sorry son, but you have to do the right thing even if you don't want to."

Life lesson learned.

It's not that easy. You're throwing a single mother in jail because she doesn't want her child to be victimized by the media, these irrational idiots who think Paterno should be lauded instead of fired, and the perp all over again? Who then takes care of the child?

We don't disagree with the institution. I have a problem comparing a single mother in this instance with Joe Paterno. It's not black and white.