• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Joe Pa done

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It's not that easy. You're throwing a single mother in jail because she doesn't want her child to be victimized by the media, these irrational idiots who think Paterno should be lauded instead of fired, and the perp all over again? Who then takes care of the child?

We don't disagree with the institution. I have a problem comparing a single mother in this instance with Joe Paterno. It's not black and white.

I disagree. I think it should be illegal to have knowlege of a sexual molestation of a minor and not report it (unless you're the victim yourself of course). No exceptions (except the aforementioned).

Who takes care of the kid if she robs a bank? My point is that it should be a crime to be that stupid and gutless. It's just plain wrong to keep that kind of thing a secret no matter who you are. It is that black & white.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I think it should be illegal to have knowlege of a sexual molestation of a minor and not report it (unless you're the victim yourself of course). No exceptions (except the aforementioned).

Who takes care of the kid if she robs a bank? My point is that it should be a crime to be that stupid and gutless. It's just plain wrong to keep that kind of thing a secret no matter who you are. It is that black & white.

No it isn't. Paterno IS the institution, and a major cover up ensued. In light of that, and being by yourself, living in an apartment, and thinking you're protecting your child (death threats to McQuery; what happens to this woman and her child?), what do you honestly do? People in these situations find themselves dead all the time. Knowing that, what do you do?

There absolutely are exceptions. Does that make them morally right? Maybe not. But if my life and my kid's life are in danger, first and foremost, it's clearly not the same thing as Paterno participating in a cover up because he wants to protect his legacy.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
People in these situations find themselves dead all the time. Knowing that, what do you do?

You put yourself at risk and do the right thing. I didn't say it was easy, but the alternative is to tolerate an absolutely abhorrent moral crime. It's a moral evil that people retaliate against someone who reports a crime, but it's the far less evil crime than not reporting it in the first place if you're protecting a Child molester.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the other kids? Do they not count? The mother's silence allowed Sandusky to ****** other children.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Well, there were 8 victims (of which we know) and up to 8 mothers who could have known.

Chilling article... The more I read about this the more disgusted I am with the multitude of spineless adult human beings who knew about this since around 1998 and didn't do anything about it. People at Penn St, the investigators who did their typical government work and took a decade to do anything about this.

...I mean if this case were brought to me I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing I didn't put that child rapist behind bars. Most people who hear about this are enraged just like I am, but it's disappointing to hear people, even in the minority, who seem to just give this issue lip service but really take it lightly by how they react. I mean Fox Sports radio was just about to have a HOFer who went to Penn St. who actually disagreed with the fiiring of Paterno (They didn't say who & I missed the segment). How can you call yourself a man and be against his firing? I just don't get it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well, there were 8 victims (of which we know) and up to 8 mothers who could have known.

Chilling article... The more I read about this the more disgusted I am with the multitude of spineless adult human beings who knew about this since around 1998 and didn't do anything about it. People at Penn St, the investigators who did their typical government work and took a decade to do anything about this.

...I mean if this case were brought to me I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing I didn't put that child rapist behind bars. Most people who hear about this are enraged just like I am, but it's disappointing to hear people, even in the minority, who seem to just give this issue lip service but really take it lightly by how they react. I mean Fox Sports radio was just about to have a HOFer who went to Penn St. who actually disagreed with the fiiring of Paterno (They didn't say who & I missed the segment). How can you call yourself a man and be against his firing? I just don't get it.

+1

it's hard for me to read some of these posts and articles out there. i just cannot believe that there are people who actually defend joe pa, no matter what their argument is. truly sickening what this stuff does to a kids life...they never recover and it will haunt them forever. joe pa is a truly awful human being for not only allowing this to continue but also supporting it with his continued affiliation with the foundation. i hope they go after the bastard and he spends some time behind bars. maybe then he will get to understand what those kids went though...

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kind of scary that the original District Attorney handling the case turned up missing in 2005 and is presumed dead.

there definitely is a lot more to the story that i hope comes out at some point. i can't seem to figure out why they would keep sandusky around with his charity if they already fired him because of his original molestation charges. he was a top assistant in the country and they never re-hired him nor did any other program. the only logical explanation for me is that there was a lot of money involved. amongst college football programs i think it was well known he was a child molester so that explains the fact that he wasn't re-hired, but the fact that psu kept him around with the charity just screams that there was something bigger involved. perhaps a major donor or two that was in on it with sandusky? the disappearance of the DA and his computer hard drive? sounds very fishy and i feel like donor money is the only reason why all this continued to occur.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
there definitely is a lot more to the story that i hope comes out at some point. i can't seem to figure out why they would keep sandusky around with his charity if they already fired him because of his original molestation charges. he was a top assistant in the country and they never re-hired him nor did any other program. the only logical explanation for me is that there was a lot of money involved. amongst college football programs i think it was well known he was a child molester so that explains the fact that he wasn't re-hired, but the fact that psu kept him around with the charity just screams that there was something bigger involved. perhaps a major donor or two that was in on it with sandusky? the disappearance of the DA and his computer hard drive? sounds very fishy and i feel like donor money is the only reason why all this continued to occur.

Agreed, only I smell a huge Joe Paterno influence here. He is the only man at PSU with the clout and unquestioned authority to pull this off. I doubt he was involved in any disapearance of witnesses or government oficials but I'm certainhe was behind, or at thevery least, complicit in the cover up.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, only I smell a huge Joe Paterno influence here. He is the only man at PSU with the clout and unquestioned authority to pull this off. I doubt he was involved in any disapearance of witnesses or government oficials but I'm certainhe was behind, or at thevery least, complicit in the cover up.

No wonder Paterno wouldn't retire. Could he have continued to coach at PSU to keep this from coming out to the public?

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just in case I didn't thoroughly destroy your "verbiage" theory. From the Grand Jury testimony:

"The next morning, a Saturday, the graduate assistant telephoned Paterno and went to Paterno's home, where he reported what he had seen."

"...Paterno called Tim Curley, ("Curley"), Penn State athletic director and Paterno's immediate superior, to his home the very next day, a Sunday, and reported to him that the graduate assistant had seen Jerry Sandusky in the Lasch building showers fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy."

Any and all defenses for Paterno have now been destroyed. You're welcome.

That is all I need to know about it to know that Paterno enabled what happened after 2002.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He not only had to sneak in there with a kid, he had to sneak in there to be there at all, it would seem. I mean, even if he hadn't molested or raped anyone that day, what would he say if called on why he was there? "You know, with this charity I really work a sweat." Shower at home, perv, right? (I know his MO is not the shower) No one even had a problem enough with what he did to restrict access from the showers. (Or did they and he just snuck in? Obviously, he would done the act late when no one was there, but they had to know he had access that he couldn't justify needing.) Or is it so open that I could walk in unstopped, without a key?

As for Paterno - I guess I'm just not that much of a friend. (Sarcastically) Sadly, there are a lot of people in this world who need friends like Paterno.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!"

Per the testimony of McQueary, who was placed on paid administrative leave last week, the then-grad assistant witnessed Sandusky sodomizing a 10-year-old boy in the shower of the schools football building in 2002. Based on the grand jurys presentment in the case, it appeared McQueary did nothing to stop the alleged attack, deciding instead to run and call his father, who told him to leave the building.

According to McQueary, thats simply not the case.

In an email to former teammates obtained by NBC News correspondent Peter Alexander, McQueary said that the truth is not out there fully, that he didn't just turn and run. Instead, McQueary states in the email, I made sure it stopped.

McQueary went on to write that I did the right thing you guys know me and he had to make quick, tough decisions.

The grand jury wrote in its 23-page indictment of Sandusky that, after McQueary witnessed the alleged r*pe, he left immediately, distraught. Nowhere does it state that McQueary did the right thing by stopping the alleged r*pe of a child that was already in progress or by getting the young boy out of harms way.

The individual transcripts of those who testified in front of the grand jury were not released. Rather, the presentment was and it was merely a summation of what was discovered during the course of a two-year-plus investigation, so it's entirely possible McQueary testified to stopping the alleged sexual assault and it simply wasn't included in the presentment.

McQueary: ***8216;I didn***8217;t just turn and run***8217; | CollegeFootballTalk

Sandusky hoping for an OJ of a chance to get off scot free.

Rock Center with Brian Williams - Jerry Sandusky to Bob Costas in exclusive 'Rock Center' interview: 'I shouldn't have showered with those kids.'

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I hope this story inspired those morons in Washington to try to score points on this & pass a federal law stating that anyone with knowlege of the sexual abuse of a minor and doens't report it to the police is guilty of a criminal offense. I have absolutely no sympathy for anyone who keeps something like this secret. None. No exceptions.

P.S. Stuff like this is why I support the death penalty.

Well, it looks like I'm partially getting my wish. Some members of Congress are proposing a bill to make a lot of peoeple who work for colleges mandatory reporters.

I don't think that goes far enough. I wish it were a federal law for ANYONE who learns of the sexual assault of a child to report it to the police, but this is better than nothing.

http://berkshires.ynn.com/content/t...ildren-following-penn-state-scandal/?ap=1&MP4

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it looks like I'm partially getting my wish. Some members of Congress are proposing a bill to make a lot of peoeple who work for colleges mandatory reporters.

I don't think that goes far enough. I wish it were a federal law for ANYONE who learns of the sexual assault of a child to report it to the police, but this is better than nothing.

NY legislators propose bill to protect children following Penn State scandal - YNN, Your News Now

The problem is you would have to put in protection as well so the person reporting would not be legally liable if no arrest was made. The problem with that is it opens the door for a lot of false and malicious claims. That's the reason they don't want just anybody reporting this type of crime. If it's made falsely it could ruin someone's life. If Sandusky is some how found innocent like he claims it won't matter his freedom is over just thanks to claim. Joe Paterno's football legacy is ruined not matter what and Penn State and so many others associated with this will never have their lives be the same again.

Then again the flip side is if the claims are true then a lot of families and kids will never have their lives be the same either.

They should open it up more and even better define the procedure for reporting though. I have no problems holding people liable for not reporting, but to do that you'd have to show evidence they knew. I think in McQueary's case he should go to jail. He admitted to seeing the crime and yet never reported it. That should make him an accomplice if you ask me.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The problem is you would have to put in protection as well so the person reporting would not be legally liable if no arrest was made. The problem with that is it opens the door for a lot of false and malicious claims. That's the reason they don't want just anybody reporting this type of crime. If it's made falsely it could ruin someone's life. If Sandusky is some how found innocent like he claims it won't matter his freedom is over just thanks to claim. Joe Paterno's football legacy is ruined not matter what and Penn State and so many others associated with this will never have their lives be the same again.

Then again the flip side is if the claims are true then a lot of families and kids will never have their lives be the same either.

They should open it up more and even better define the procedure for reporting though. I have no problems holding people liable for not reporting, but to do that you'd have to show evidence they knew. I think in McQueary's case he should go to jail. He admitted to seeing the crime and yet never reported it. That should make him an accomplice if you ask me.

Who are "they"?
I am not sure about mandatory reporting laws but Paterno certainly should have called the cops and told them what he was told. He can't be held liable for that.
How many kids would not have been raped if they (McQueary, Paterno, Curly etc) would have gone to the State Police?