• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: iPhone 4 of Android

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lost my phone. It was time for an upgrade anyway. I used to have the old droid. Which should I get. They would both cost me the same. I use Verizon.

Thanks

Oh, and my laptop is a Mac, if that matters.
:flock::humble::censored::usa:

Jared

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't ever had an iPhone, so I can't help you there. I have the Droid Incredible, which I love. If you mean the Moto Droid by the old Droid, I have several friends with that phone and they all like the Incredible better. I honestly don't think you can go wrong either way.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the Droid X and I love it. Iphones are overrated, imo.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have neither...but I love my iTouch. Really, both offer the same things. However, if you have iTunes music already and wish to use your phone for that as well, probably better to take that route. But if you already have a separate iPod there's not a lot of use for another anyway. I've played around with both, and see very little difference. I think the iPhone is a little bit ahead in apps though. But very minimal.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have verizon go with the droid... I have an iphone 4, but I hear the ones for Verizon are garbage. Not sure how true that is, but I guess they're not the same.

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the Droid X and I love it. Iphones are overrated, imo.

I don't know.... I don't have an iPhone but I do have the newest iPod....and I couldn't live without it....the apps are just incredible....the 2 cameras....front and back are awesome....I dig everything about it...

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an iPhone 4, through AT&T, and I love it. I don't know much about Droids, though, so I'm not much help.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean - a lot of people who own Droids will tell you iPhones are terrible and vice versa. Aren't they pretty much the same?

I have an iPhone simply b/c the music on the phone stuff was always such an issue with Verizon (who was always trying to push their music service rather than make a phone that is compatible with already existing music services) and it is just easier to sync it with my Mac laptop. They play nice together.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember, with an iPhone, anything you want to put on your phone from your computer or vice versa must go through iTunes. IE: a copy will reside outside your control. Always.

I use an Android for two reasons. 1) Above. I can copy directly to and from it. And 2) It's open source, so if somethiing does go wrong or a particular problem arises, you do not have to rely on one manufacturer who is for profits only to fix it.

And if you want a third, my droid has a MicroSD slot. 8gb on board. Another 32 on the card. Plus it has HDMI out so I can show pictures and Angry Birds on my TV. Forget the music services. Use I Heart Radio and MP3s. Seriously.

So that's like 5 or something reasons.

Just get a droid.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember, with an iPhone, anything you want to put on your phone from your computer or vice versa must go through iTunes. IE: a copy will reside outside your control. Always.

I use an Android for two reasons. 1) Above. I can copy directly to and from it. And 2) It's open source, so if somethiing does go wrong or a particular problem arises, you do not have to rely on one manufacturer who is for profits only to fix it.

I have a program for the iPhone that lets me easily access it to copy directly to and from it. Anyone who has owned an Apple knows the big advantage is that they almost never need service.

I'm sure the Droid is great, but you're wrong about some of the stuff above. And while I needed to use the program once to directly take something off the phone, it'd be pretty rare that what you need to do isn't covered by iTunes.

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've never owned a droid but I like the iphone just because its easy to hack. I've jailbroken and rooted my iPhone which means I can download just about any app for free as well as turn my iphone into a wireless modem with great signal stregnth. With my phone being rooted I can customize it anyway I want as well as adding/removing files using an FTP.

If droid can do all of the above then I would go droid just because i'm not a big fan of Apple. Im not sure it can though.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've jailbroken and rooted my iPhone which means I can download just about any app for free as well as turn my iphone into a wireless modem with great signal stregnth.

If you need 99 cents that bad, I'm sure somebody would pony it up.

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

cool-story-bro.jpg

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let us not forget that the going rate is now $1.29. Highway robbery. That's paying for an extra song/app every 3+ purchases. Ridiculous.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just get a BOOST phone.