• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Android Auto Question

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the wife has decided she likes the Honda Odyssey, ( Funny kid out house now she wants a van). Anyway the EX level comes W/ Android Auto and Apple car play. I have a droid based phone through Verizon, it has VZ Navigator and Google Maps. If I connect to Android Auto in car and use google maps is that the same effect as have Navigation in the car? Will it display on the touch screen and give directions as needed?

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here try this app.
il_340x270.1673130348_h43h.jpg

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the wife has decided she likes the Honda Odyssey, ( Funny kid out house now she wants a van). Anyway the EX level comes W/ Android Auto and Apple car play. I have a droid based phone through Verizon, it has VZ Navigator and Google Maps. If I connect to Android Auto in car and use google maps is that the same effect as have Navigation in the car? Will it display on the touch screen and give directions as needed?

I don't know about Android auto, but thats how apple carplay works. If I plug in my phone, the map from my phone and navigation are on the car's touch screen. I'd assume Android auto works the same way. Nav comes through the car speakers.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about Android auto, but thats how apple carplay works. If I plug in my phone, the map from my phone and navigation are on the car's touch screen. I'd assume Android auto works the same way. Nav comes through the car speakers.
Thank you

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have Android Auto but my phone connects automatically to my car through the bluetooth and I have one of these suctioned to the windshield. The audio comes out of my speakers if I want it to (I have it on mute because I find it annoying) and I typically use either Waze or Google Maps to tell me where to go.

If you don't feel like springing for the navigation system that's another option. If you do go that route having a cord to charge the phone is necessary for longer trips.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have Android Auto but my phone connects automatically to my car through the bluetooth and I have one of these suctioned to the windshield. The audio comes out of my speakers if I want it to (I have it on mute because I find it annoying) and I typically use either Waze or Google Maps to tell me where to go.

If you don't feel like springing for the navigation system that's another option. If you do go that route having a cord to charge the phone is necessary for longer trips.

Thanks. The Odyssey I would buy her is the middle of the pack no Nav the EX Model. Where I buy offers a great trade up offer if done so within two years. So if she likes it I would trade up to the Elite. If as stated earlier it comes through touch screen with Android Auto then I would just keep phone plugged in. Really only need the NAV when close to destination

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. The Odyssey I would buy her is the middle of the pack no Nav the EX Model. Where I buy offers a great trade up offer if done so within two years. So if she likes it I would trade up to the Elite. If as stated earlier it comes through touch screen with Android Auto then I would just keep phone plugged in. Really only need the NAV when close to destination

Looks like its the same as Apple Carplay...

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks a lot that helps

love the odessey by the way. seats can come out easy in the middle and the back seat folds very nicely into the trunk.

my only issue is that our car is 3 years old now and I have to replace the fucking key fob batteries every 6 months.