• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was an RA. My coworkers were constantly partying like it was their last day of existence.

Our boss has a huge problem with alcohol and wants all the RAs to be dry. (That won't happen, especially among the 21-and-over faction. Especially considering I'm learning the art of beer brewing.) But he seems to have no problem with large amounts of sex. It's kind of strange.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Carla Gugino is on Jimmy Kimmel.... I didn't realize, but she has a terrific rack.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our boss has a huge problem with alcohol and wants all the RAs to be dry. (That won't happen, especially among the 21-and-over faction. Especially considering I'm learning the art of beer brewing.) But he seems to have no problem with large amounts of sex. It's kind of strange.

well, there's certainly a correlation there...one leads to the other. my campus is dry (and we sign off saying we won't drink until we've graduated, no matter where we are) but the 21 and over faction doesn't really...abide by that. i mean, i'm not gonna drink on campus...it's just stupid and way too much trouble. i'm not gonna drink before i'm 21, once again not worth the hassle...but when i'm 21 and at home on break, i'll probably have a drink or two with the family. why the heck not?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, there's certainly a correlation there...one leads to the other. my campus is dry (and we sign off saying we won't drink until we've graduated, no matter where we are) but the 21 and over faction doesn't really...abide by that. i mean, i'm not gonna drink on campus...it's just stupid and way too much trouble. i'm not gonna drink before i'm 21, once again not worth the hassle...but when i'm 21 and at home on break, i'll probably have a drink or two with the family. why the heck not?

Is the city dry, too? We kind of take the mindset that we can't stop it, so we'll just try to keep it safe. That's how we're taught as RAs to deal with it. Make sure to identify dangerous situations before they're dangerous. I think it's sufficient, and we've been lucky to have no deaths due to alcohol on campus any time in recent memory.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the city dry, too? We kind of take the mindset that we can't stop it, so we'll just try to keep it safe. That's how we're taught as RAs to deal with it. Make sure to identify dangerous situations before they're dangerous. I think it's sufficient, and we've been lucky to have no deaths due to alcohol on campus any time in recent memory.

Nope...just the campus. which makes things difficult for those living in houses off campus, hence the blanket agreement as a full time student to not drink until you are no longer a student at AU. And I think that's a practical way to approach it as an RA, but on our campus, since it's not allowed what so ever in any form, they basically have to snuff out any sign.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope...just the campus. which makes things difficult for those living in houses off campus, hence the blanket agreement as a full time student to not drink until you are no longer a student at AU. And I think that's a practical way to approach it as an RA, but on our campus, since it's not allowed what so ever in any form, they basically have to snuff out any sign.

So are bars a no-go for you, too? The reason is ask is that I've found just being in a bar to be an interesting social experience, even if you don't drink. I've found a couple of bars that have a really great sense of community even between strangers, and it's a really cool thing when you start singing "Don't Stop Believin'" with a total stranger and everyone's having a good time with it.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we can go to a bar (obviously of age) if we don't drink...it's just an agreement that you won't while a student.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good movie choice nas! i love the dinosaur! "I have a big head, and little arms...:("

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry to leave ya alone nas, but i gotta get up...well, i have to actually be somewhere at a normal hour tomorrow, so, good night!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
toni+basil+nobody.jpg

Did you know she was in Easy Rider and Five Easy Pieces among other films.

She was almost 40 when "Mickey" came out.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 4706. Got it.

I need an opinion on the planned tatt:

Back story: I am an infectious disease epidemiologist which in English means that I am a glorified bug catcher but the bugs are bacteria and viruses. Essentially, I study outbreaks and epidemics and my specialty is biosecurity and exotic diseases. So, I wanted a tattoo that kind of signified this and I have been thinking about the "plague doctor" for afew years now. The mask is very unique and I kind of wanted one fashioned on my shoulder with the nose heading down my arm. This is the best angle, size, look, I have found so what do you think:

tumblr_kyy5p2FXOP1qzfw6to1_400.jpg

It would just be the head and hood. The white would, obviously, be just shaded and shadowed and the hood would be black just to kind of bold out the mask area.

Cool image, cool story.

Status
Not open for further replies.