• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills vs Colts coming up at 7:30pm EST.

Final score prediction:

Colts 45

Bills 20

3 more Bills starters get injured.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots are gonna lose 13-24 Falcons.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Brohm has potential to be a decent NFL quarterback, I think. I'd like to see him get a chance at least.

He didn't play in the game against Washington, but he will get plenty of starting time tonight after Edwards is pulled. No Fitzpatrick tonight in the rotation.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 4706. Got it.

I need an opinion on the planned tatt:

Back story: I am an infectious disease epidemiologist which in English means that I am a glorified bug catcher but the bugs are bacteria and viruses. Essentially, I study outbreaks and epidemics and my specialty is biosecurity and exotic diseases. So, I wanted a tattoo that kind of signified this and I have been thinking about the "plague doctor" for afew years now. The mask is very unique and I kind of wanted one fashioned on my shoulder with the nose heading down my arm. This is the best angle, size, look, I have found so what do you think:

tumblr_kyy5p2FXOP1qzfw6to1_400.jpg

It would just be the head and hood. The white would, obviously, be just shaded and shadowed and the hood would be black just to kind of bold out the mask area.

I like the idea 46. I apologize if I offend others that have them, but I'm just not a big fan of tattoos that have zero meaning to the person (i.e. - generic tribal bands for guys or butterflies for chicks). I do really appreciate tattoos that have a special meaning to the person. Usually you hear cool stories as to why.....like yours.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea 46. Sorry if I offend others that have them, but I'm just not a big fan of tattoos that have zero meaning to the person (i.e. - generic tribal bands for guys or butterflies for chicks). I do really appreciate tattoos that have a special meaning to the person. Usually you hear cool stories as to why like yours.

Thanks. I am with you on the meaning thing. I have three right now, but they are all unique and part of my personality. This would be by far the biggest and most intricate, however, so like people were saying before, I need a top notch artist. The mask was actually functional, in that the "beak" was filled with a type of potpourri that the doctors thought protected them from the disease (some of the things used such as cloves and cinnamon actually have antibacterial qualities, we have found out) and also helped deal with the smell of the bodies. These doctors were basically record gatherers that tried to collect information on the victims and learn about the disease (exactly what epidemiologists do today).

I would have the head and glasses on the round part of my shoulder, with the hood as part of a sleeve and the beak going down my arm. If and when I get it done, I will certainly post pics of the process and finished product.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea 46. I apologize if I offend others that have them, but I'm just not a big fan of tattoos that have zero meaning to the person (i.e. - generic tribal bands for guys or butterflies for chicks). I do really appreciate tattoos that have a special meaning to the person. Usually you hear cool stories as to why.....like yours.

I made that mistake, as you can see in my avatar lol, but I still like it, when I do my other arm, it is going to be completely stuff that means something to me, and portrays my character.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. I am with you on the meaning thing. I have three right now, but they are all unique and part of my personality. This would be by far the biggest and most intricate, however, so like people were saying before, I need a top notch artist. The mask was actually functional, in that the "beak" was filled with a type of potpourri that the doctors thought protected them from the disease (some of the things used such as cloves and cinnamon actually have antibacterial qualities, we have found out) and also helped deal with the smell of the bodies. These doctors were basically record gatherers that tried to collect information on the victims and learn about the disease (exactly what epidemiologists do today).

I would have the head and glasses on the round part of my shoulder, with the hood as part of a sleeve and the beak going down my arm. If and when I get it done, I will certainly post pics of the process and finished product.

And the story gets even better :D. I would have never known any of that.

Or you could just say that you love Resident Evil 5/or think Jill Valentine is hot.....and yes, I'm a nerd. :p

resident-evil-5-20080820033442285.jpg

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made that mistake, as you can see in my avatar lol, but I still like it, when I do my other arm, it is going to be completely stuff that means something to me, and portrays my character.

Sorry Sly, like said, I really didn't/don't mean to offend anyone. It's just really cool to see some unique ink.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sly, yours look good, no worries....art is art....as long as you don't have a bar code or nautical stars, ;)

filo,
i dont even know who that is but i know resident evil is a video game and a movie right???

Thanks. I could never get generic tribal, I've always loved tribal art. Mine is completely custom. Still not finished. But I do wish I put a little more thought into it. My other arm, I'd like to get my initials in germanic runes, which translates to "summer sun", in which I was born in the summer. I also want to get the number 27 in roman numerals, numerology, day I was born on, and it matches my personality to a t. Never believed in that crap, but is pretty dead on. Also want to get something that has to do with my astrological sign, and a tiger of some sort for my chinese zodiac. And my family crest as well, which is two fish facing opposite, its gonna be a giant mish mash sleeve, but my artist will find a way to blend it and make it look good.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sly, yours look good, no worries....art is art....as long as you don't have a bar code or nautical stars, ;)

filo,
i dont even know who that is but i know resident evil is a video game and a movie right???

Yes on both counts. Although I think of it only as a video game. The movies were absolute abortions in my opinion. Basically, the story behind the game (Resident Evil in general) is scientists experimenting with turning humans into B.O.W.'s (Bio-Organic Weapons) using special strained viruses. They are trying it out to have a super strong, super obedient weapon to unleash upon their enemies to control minds.....as in like minds = no warfare and one elite race. Well, obviously, something "goes wrong" (purposely) and they send in an elite task force to "stop" the spread of the virus when in reality, the virus stricken are being tested against the task force. Unfortunately, the "goes wrong" part gets to be to big for the scientists to have a "controlled" experiment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.