• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Tanev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall being told the story, whatcha got?

About a month ago and a half ago, the outside part of my left knee started acting up. I may have been using improper form doing sumo squats or going too low too soon. Anyway, after 14 minutes of jogging the next day (of which my form may also have been suspect), I could not go on and it hurt to walk. I did NOT ice the knee right away, which was stupid on my part - tho in my defense, it didn't feel serious serious.

Anyway, I continued doing leg exercises (though now with less or no weights) for weeks and I quit jogging altogether. I did pick up jump rope to replace jogging. Anyway, the pain moved from the side of the knee to below the knee. The kneecap itself felt fine. After a few more weeks, I started icing the knee just in case it was a sprain. Now the pain has moved a couple of inches further down my leg.

Never has it felt like a sharp pain, but walking with my usual long stride is very very uncomfortable. While sitting down or laying in bed, it feels fine (although at nights there will be an occasional tingle or throb in the general area. Going upstairs also triggers the sensation but not nearly as bad as walking long distances.

I've often asked myself whether it has ever felt like my knee might "give out" but I think the answer is no.

I asked a runnner at the WC what I might have, and she suggested runner's knee or jumper's knee as possibilities but she admitted to not having knee problems ever.

Any ideas? Besides the obvious "Go see a real doctor, you dork." :D

Last edited by a moderator:

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who watches live TV anymore anyway? :)

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops, I meant to say, who watches tape-delayed TV at its scheduled delayed broadcast anymore anyway??? :D

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I climbed up Menzies mountain today in hopes of seeing the incredible views of Vancouver Island from the lookout. It's 2500 feet up to the top; a 3 hour hike. We get to the top and we're about 100 feet from the lookout when we come across a mother bear and cubs hanging out beside a small lake next to the road. Basically, they weren't going anywhere and my son and I weren't about to start trying to coax them into reversing their decision; we high-tailed the fuck outta there.

....so we had to head back down the mountain; no view. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 hours of hiking for no view...that really fucking sucks!

Well, to be reported, it was 3 hours up, and about an hour down; so four hours in total. My son and I actually hummed and hawed about going back; the mom and daughter were pretty much no fucking way.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Pfft. This is NBC. These closing ceremonies happened last week. Tape delay.

Twitter feed ran through it this morning, then US twits ran through it again hours later, so when I eventually watch it, it will be like the third time through it.

Blindbaby, a three hour hike to see some bears up close isn't the worst thing in the world

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_m8i5gbts3M1rdpa5go1_500.jpg

This might be my favorite one so far. :D

And no, I'll never tire of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.