• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Tanev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like ol' McDonald needs to visit the farm team.

I don't think a demotion is in order, but I do think they should skip a start.

AJ has helped JMac this season already, so hopefully he can give him just the right advice. It looks mental to me, though. He's still got the stuff, he's still making the pitches, but when something goes wrong, he lets it snowball on him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_m8l2vrP8A81rdpa5go1_500.png

tumblr_m8irhkZzuT1rdpa5go1_500.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Pixie - have I gotten your opinion on my knee yet? I've been asking around for opinions and can't remember if I've asked you already.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chuck Norris has been Maroneyed...Chuck, your reign was good while it lasted.

tumblr_m8g7d8IysL1rdpa5go1_500.png

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what do you seamheads think the Nats should do with Strasburg?Basically seems like the team is going to shut him down about a month from now when he hits roughly 170 innings.

Personally, I'm totally on board with the idea of limiting his innings/work to help his body work it's way back to full strength after his surgery. The doctors the team has used really believe in this, and I'm inclined to believe them over say, a baseball manager.

But I don't understand the timing. I think give him 2-3 weeks off now and see where we are come September makes more sense. If the race for the East is tight, then by all means bring him back for the same amount of time he would have pitched. If we have a good lead, give him another week or two and then you get him to close out the season and to pitch in the playoffs.

Thoughts?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I would think - as long as he is doing fine (and I assume they are monitoring him incredibly closely) you limit his starts, and limit his innings in those starts.
seems a shame to close him out completely.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what do you seamheads think the Nats should do with Strasburg?Basically seems like the team is going to shut him down about a month from now when he hits roughly 170 innings.

Personally, I'm totally on board with the idea of limiting his innings/work to help his body work it's way back to full strength after his surgery. The doctors the team has used really believe in this, and I'm inclined to believe them over say, a baseball manager.

But I don't understand the timing. I think give him 2-3 weeks off now and see where we are come September makes more sense. If the race for the East is tight, then by all means bring him back for the same amount of time he would have pitched. If we have a good lead, give him another week or two and then you get him to close out the season and to pitch in the playoffs.

Thoughts?

I tend to agree with you on this, eloco. At the very least, move him temporarily to the bullpen in a limited role so that he can keep on a normal, but lower-intensity throwing schedule. It's rehab, keeps him sharp, and prevents him from overworking. Then you'll have him for the stretch run and playoffs. He's too valuable to shut down if you want to compete in the postseason.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My high school reunion was tonight, by the way. It was a really good time. It kind of surprised me how well I got along with my old high school buddies. A lot of them seemed to follow similar personality developments to my own.

....Which is not necessarily a good thing for them... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.