• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Pangos & Bell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much as I like Doc, and I think he was one of if not the most talented pitchers of his day, I really don’t know if his career body of work really added up to a hall of fame career even if you're counting for the fact he played on ass teams for 80% of his career.

I also don’t think Edgar nor Walker should be in.

But Harold fucking Baines is going into Cooperstown so nobody can really complain.

Coors or not, Walker hit enough to get in even if you ignore he was a good fielder and baserunner.

Halladay's peak was about as good as it gets. He was at the top of the league the whole time he was at the top of his game. He just didn't have a ton of longevity. But just his peak was better than all but 37 other pitchers' entire careers by total fWAR, and Halladay did that in an era where SP innings were beginning to get cut.

I think Halladay's an obvious in if you're the sort who cares more about peak than longevity, basically. But the questions start to arise if you think a guy has to perform well over the course of more than 10 years (roughly the length of Roy's peak) to be a Hall of Famer. Because Halladay didn't do much of anything outside of his peak years.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coors or not, Walker hit enough to get in even if you ignore he was a good fielder and baserunner.

Halladay's peak was about as good as it gets. He was at the top of the league the whole time he was at the top of his game. He just didn't have a ton of longevity. But just his peak was better than all but 37 other pitchers' entire careers by total fWAR, and Halladay did that in an era where SP innings were beginning to get cut.

I think Halladay's an obvious in if you're the sort who cares more about peak than longevity, basically. But the questions start to arise if you think a guy has to perform well over the course of more than 10 years (roughly the length of Roy's peak) to be a Hall of Famer. Because Halladay didn't do much of anything outside of his peak years.

This

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m reading the old threads. Why? Because I’m bored.:)

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna knock Doc's widow but the guy did say he wanted to go in as a Jay.

Anyway, this Philly guy is very Philly.

https://deadspin.com/dipshit-philly-columnist-i-know-roy-halladays-desires-1832002277

I saw alot of Jays "fans" did in the comments to the Arash Madani tweet lol

This is just plain disappointing and disgusting. He always wanted to be a Jay. No idea what his family is thinking here

lol exactly ... He may have said something publicly (while being celebrated/feted at a ceremony in Toronto) but no-one except his family knows what he said to them about this

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw alot of Jays "fans" did in the comments to the Arash Madani tweet lol

This is just plain disappointing and disgusting. He always wanted to be a Jay. No idea what his family is thinking here

lol exactly ... He may have said something publicly (while being celebrated/feted at a ceremony in Toronto) but no-one except his family knows what he said to them about this
Meh. Shitty people are gonna be shitty. You can find negative internet posts about anything.

He'll always be a Toronto guy to me and that's all I care about.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How Dave Pasch hasn’t strangled Bill Walton yet, I’ll never know.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonzaga-Santa Clara tonight. Should win by 25 or so.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.