• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Pangos & Bell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know how you DON'T admire a 450 foot jack that probably wins you a series in front of 50,000 rabid fans, after years and years of absolute frustration and futility. The bat flip was a little over the top, but meh on that too.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooooooo much of this is racially motivated. And I'm talking about guys in media (and dugouts). The second latino players get to the MLB, guys try everything they can to squash their enthusiasm. And then say shit like "it's our game, play it like us." YES. IT IS OURS. DON'T PLAY IT. How's the US do in international play, please remind me.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I honestly don't know how you DON'T admire a 450 foot jack that probably wins you a series in front of 50,000 rabid fans, after years and years of absolute frustration and futility. The bat flip was a little over the top, but meh on that too.
pretty much my feelings as well
if this was the 3rd inning of game 42, it would be a jack-ass move.
this situation, after having giving up the lead the way they did the prior inning, was a massive 'fuck yeah'.
and maybe a little 'fuck you' as well. which is also ok.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooooooo much of this is racially motivated. And I'm talking about guys in media (and dugouts). The second latino players get to the MLB, guys try everything they can to squash their enthusiasm. And then say shit like "it's our game, play it like us." YES. IT IS OURS. DON'T PLAY IT. How's the US do in international play, please remind me.
Big time. The Colin Cowherd crowd definitely make themselves heard in baseball.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bautista plays better angry. For the benefit of the Jays, he should be as angry as often as possible. And he should wear it on his sleeve, because that's how it works best for him, and the Jays are trying to win the World Series.

I don't know how I'd feel about him as a person if I met him, or if I was his opponent, but if we are going to charge our athletes with performing at their best, and if this is how he performs at his best, then this is how we should expect him to be. But he never goes off about this stuff in the media, and he doesn't charge the mound. Yeah, he'll stare a guy down or admire a moonshot off a pitcher who did something he didn't like, but if an opponent does do something you don't like, beating them and making sure they know you beat them is the best way to get that revenge. It's a heck of a lot better than a bean ball or charging the mound or spouting off to the media.

(For the record, I'm fine with what Dyson said, too, since he, too, was speaking from intense emotion and frustration.)

The bold seems far too anecdotal coming from a man of science :wink:

Is there a sabermetrics stat called "batting average while behaving like a douche after being thrown inside on"?

/he did it last night again btw ... Didnt like a couple consecutive strike calls ... Stewed ... K'ed looking :noidea:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The comments at the bottom of the Is Jose Better When He's Angry piece :L

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was flipping back and forth between the beisbol game and the Stamps - Argos CFL game. Toronto went 0-fer-2 this afternoon.

/O-fer-3 if you include TFC losing to Columbus.

blindbaby

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was flipping back and forth between the beisbol game and the Stamps - Argos CFL game. Toronto went 0-fer-2 this afternoon.

/O-fer-3 if you include TFC losing to Columbus.

The day ended 0-4.

blindbaby

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bautista didn't throw Goins under a bus. Watch the original interview; he clearly was trying to avoid obviously loaded "lawyer" type questions. The fact of the matter is that whole play was on Goins, nobody else. Jose may have answered the question(s) in an awkward manner, but any perception of throwing Goins under a bus were clearly set up by someone trying to make a controversy where no controversy should lie.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You honestly think my comments or others are racially motivated? Bautista has a tradition of this. I don't think of this as a Latino thing. Puljos has never been a flashy player. Also, didn't Harper get this same criticism? Is he Latino? I think this varies from individual to individual.

I really don't think this has anything to do with race - I think it's about old school v. new school. I usually stand with new school, but I agree with old school on this one.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its 52 degrees in New York right now. Why are some of the Cubs and Mets dressed like its 18 degrees out?

CRjzBipWoAAq8pm.jpg

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL!! I'm watching a replay and didn't realize it. THAT...makes more sense. :L Man, I am a moron.

I'll also predict the Mets win this game!

OperaOver.jpg

(first time used literally)

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You honestly think my comments or others are racially motivated? Bautista has a tradition of this. I don't think of this as a Latino thing. Puljos has never been a flashy player. Also, didn't Harper get this same criticism? Is he Latino? I think this varies from individual to individual.

I really don't think this has anything to do with race - I think it's about old school v. new school. I usually stand with new school, but I agree with old school on this one.

No, I don't...that's why my next sentence was "I'm talking about media/dugouts". And it's a non-American thing. Race is absolutely involved.

“I think it's a culture shock,'' Norris said. “This is America's game. This is America's pastime, and over the last 10-15 years we've seen a very big world influence in this game, which we as a union and as players appreciate. We're opening this game to everyone that can play. However, if you're going to come into our country and make our American dollars, you need to respect a game that has been here for over a hundred years, and I think sometimes that can be misconstrued. There are some players that have antics, that have done things over the years that we don't necessarily agree with.

“I understand you want to say it's a cultural thing or an upbringing thing. But by the time you get to the big leagues, you better have a pretty good understanding of what this league is and how long it's been around.''

That encapsulates a lot of guys thoughts, and it's bullshit. Think baseball players would make that many "American dollars" without the excitement of Latin born players? Would the league be as popular? His use of "we" is concerning. Get over yourself, Bud.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no longer "happy to be here". I desperately want the Mets to win now. Hopefully deGrom is dominant in game 3 because I'm not sure we'll get the best of Lester and Arrieta the 2nd time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.