• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Pangos & Bell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo's bat flip was better.

I think all sides are wrong here. Dyson shouldnt comment or tweet about the bat flip. And the guys doing these bat flips are idiots too because after you hit the ball you shouldn't be watching it, you should be digging for the bag - watching is a lousy habit that fucking 9-year olds understand and shouldn't have to be taught to grown adults making $15 million a year.

Watching balls is how easy doubles turn into singles.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dare this kids mom to take him to a game im attending ... IM THROWING 2 CANS AT A TIME AT HIM IF I SEE THAT SHIT!!!

Id8Opa.gif

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think all sides are wrong here. Dyson shouldnt comment or tweet about the bat flip. And the guys doing these bat flips are idiots too because after you hit the ball you shouldn't be watching it, you should be digging for the bag - watching is a lousy habit that fucking 9-year olds understand and shouldn't have to be taught to grown adults making $15 million a year.

To be fair, it was more of a bat toss than flip.

:rolleyes2:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^That is exactly what I'm talking about. (jstew's post)

(Relatedly...god damn that kid has a good swing.)

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously. Leave in in the car in the parking lot. With the windows cracked, I'm not a monster!

This reminds me. Years ago I worked with a Russian just in the country from outside of Moscow*. After he loosened up we found him to be a nice guy and he would tell us cool stories**. One of them was his daughter pretty much lived in the car outside of a Kodak building the first two years of her life. He and his wife had to work and keeping his daughter in the car the whole time did not strike him as that odd. At least for there. He talked about wandering over to the window now and then to check on her.

*The Baltimore area has a rather large Russian population.

**Often his stories weaved between funny youth stories then suddenly into being drugged by the army and running people over with tanks in Afghanistan stories.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bat flips are the best. There's an aesthetic and a pure emotion to them that I feel aligns with the spirit of the game. And I have no problem standing at the plate and watching a true no-doubter (like Joey Bats's), since there's nothing to gain by hustling.

I love it when Greinke flips his bat after hitting a gap shot, or Puig's on singles, or Shane Robinson, who just lets go of the bat by flipping it as a natural reflex. It looks awesome, and the game should be fun anyway, even for the pros.

America is the only place where it's frowned upon. Regarding the same, this excellent article regarding the same by manbearwolf John Baker:

Playing the right way?

To be fair, it was more of a bat toss than flip.

:rolleyes2:

That's why Yo's was better. :)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I totally flip my bat when I play softball. Every time I put the ball in play. It gets the bat away from home plate and out of the way, and it's just a fun way to let go of it. It doesn't keep me from hustling to toss the bat away with some flair as I start running to first base, and I've never hit anyone with it, so all is well as far as I'm concerned.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I totally flip my bat when I play softball. Every time I put the ball in play. It gets the bat away from home plate and out of the way, and it's just a fun way to let go of it. It doesn't keep me from hustling to toss the bat away with some flair as I start running to first base, and I've never hit anyone with it, so all is well as far as I'm concerned.

The only time I flipped my bat is after I struck out in slow pitch softball....:L Figured after looking like a complete idiot I should make a big event out of it.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only time I flipped my bat is after I struck out in slow pitch softball....:L Figured after looking like a complete idiot I should make a big event out of it.
I struck out in slow pitch softball once. In my defense it was a Sunday morning league after a very late night. Still no excuse. I didn't flip the bat, I walked away looking at it closely like it was the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.