• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT - I'm bored, Part Pangos & Bell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always hoped some oil baron or somebody with a bottomless pit of money bought a small market baseball team and just started spending reckless amounts of money, not caring if he was pouring money down the drain. That would be fun.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always hoped some oil baron or somebody with a bottomless pit of money bought a small market baseball team and just started spending reckless amounts of money, not caring if he was pouring money down the drain. That would be fun.

I imagine there are some teams not making a ton in revenue. The Pirates screwed themselves with their TV deal...it's just awful. That's a big part of the Dodgers spending ridiculous amounts.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last week, Lewis Hamilton started 20th and finished third in the German Grand Prix.

This week, Lewis Hamilton started dead last and from the pit lane (He could not go until the field had passed the first turn), and finished third in the Hungarian Grand Prix.

Lewis Hamilton is one amazing fucking race car driver.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Buster_ESPN 4m
Some teams that are dealing with the Phillies say they are having difficulty gaining traction in talks;not sure if PHI committed to dealing.

Worst GM in sports. There's no team that should be selling more than the Phillies. There should be *NO* untouchable player on that starting roster. None.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Buster_ESPN 4m
Some teams that are dealing with the Phillies say they are having difficulty gaining traction in talks;not sure if PHI committed to dealing.

Worst GM in sports. There's no team that should be selling more than the Phillies. There should be *NO* untouchable player on that starting roster. None.

The only guy they should wait on is Cliff Lee - he just got back from the DL and if he gets 3-4 more starts under his belt, they can get more for him in August then right now - but the rest of the guys they need to get rid of

And I would argue that Chase Utley is untouchable for the fact that second base is the worst position in baseball, there are very few top 2B's and he's still going to be a constant - also, Cole Hamels shouldn't be moved

More than anything it's about getting rid of the GM and shedding the skin - so Ryan Howard, Jonathan Papelbon, Carlos Ruiz(unfortunately), Cliff Lee, AJ Burnett, Roberto Hernandez, Kyle Kendrick, Antonio Bastardo, Marlon Byrd, Ben Revere, Domonic Brown and possibly even Jimmy Rollins need to be moved all if possible

Too much $ tied up in the rotation, need to open up spots in the future for guys like Aaron Nola in the rotation - also, trading Jonathan Papelbon allows them to put Ken Giles in the closer role

The Phillies have Mikael Franco and JP Crawford in the minors and they'll have a future pretty soon, so guys like Ryan Howard and Jimmy Rollins won't be around forever

I would hope the Phillies management realizes they need to get rid of RAJ, but I think they're every bit as incompetent

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly what I was saying earlier - get rid of all of the dead weight, that should be the first goal - top end prospects/young players are really nice but it's about getting rid of the guys who are causing this team to lose in the first place

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only guy they should wait on is Cliff Lee - he just got back from the DL and if he gets 3-4 more starts under his belt, they can get more for him in August then right now - but the rest of the guys they need to get rid of

And I would argue that Chase Utley is untouchable for the fact that second base is the worst position in baseball, there are very few top 2B's and he's still going to be a constant - also, Cole Hamels shouldn't be moved

More than anything it's about getting rid of the GM and shedding the skin - so Ryan Howard, Jonathan Papelbon, Carlos Ruiz(unfortunately), Cliff Lee, AJ Burnett, Roberto Hernandez, Kyle Kendrick, Antonio Bastardo, Marlon Byrd, Ben Revere, Domonic Brown and possibly even Jimmy Rollins need to be moved all if possible

Too much $ tied up in the rotation, need to open up spots in the future for guys like Aaron Nola in the rotation - also, trading Jonathan Papelbon allows them to put Ken Giles in the closer role

The Phillies have Mikael Franco and JP Crawford in the minors and they'll have a future pretty soon, so guys like Ryan Howard and Jimmy Rollins won't be around forever

I would hope the Phillies management realizes they need to get rid of RAJ, but I think they're every bit as incompetent

They certainly should keep Utley, and probably Hamels, but even still, they should be willing to listen to *anything*.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They certainly should keep Utley, and probably Hamels, but even still, they should be willing to listen to *anything*.

Yeah there's a difference between listening and pulling the trigger or even being close to moving them - they are NOT close to moving them at all, but they are listening, like you would for any player

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eff off

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two guys who are competent on the Phillies roster(Chase Utley & Cole Hamels) are doing just fine tonight - Chase Utley with a grandslam and Cole Hamels leading 6-0 in the 7th

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers announcer: "Joakim Soria greeted rudely by the White Sox. A single, double, homer, homer..."

At this point I look over at my sister and say, "That's normally what I get when I go through the Wendy's drive-thru. Hi, I'd like the Single, double, homer homer as a medium combo...hold the outs. And no pickles."

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So I guess this opens the door for Jon Lester to the Dodgers?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#LesterWatch reached chaotic levels last night...and today.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#LesterWatch reached chaotic levels last night...and today.

Still no news? That would be interesting.

The top of the National League is really tight right now. Every division is close between 2 teams (3 in the central) and you ultimately have 7 really good ball clubs, 2 of whom are not going to make the postseason. It's going to be a wild August and September.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Washington Expos-Nationals...

expos1-reverse.jpg

Hop on the train, Dash.

Said before last season we'd win a title in the next 3 years. Sticking by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.