• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Disney buys Lucasfilm, plans to release Star Wars episode VII

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to bump my own work while tooting my own horn, but does anyone see the 2 'shops in this pic, and what they are?

disney castle, and is that leia holding his arm?

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SWHoloDance.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know what Lucas's personal take on the deal was? Billions?

While there is definitely enough room in the SW universe for a completely independant story, are the plans for 7,8,9 going to follow thematically from the other two trilogies? If so, seems it would be tough. 4,5,6 told the story of the destruction of the empire. 1,2,3 went back and told the back story, the rise of the empire, and how Vader was corrupted. What would be left to tell in 7,8,9? The empire is destroyed, emperor is dead. Where do you go from there?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know what Lucas's personal take on the deal was? Billions?

While there is definitely enough room in the SW universe for a completely independant story, are the plans for 7,8,9 going to follow thematically from the other two trilogies? If so, seems it would be tough. 4,5,6 told the story of the destruction of the empire. 1,2,3 went back and told the back story, the rise of the empire, and how Vader was corrupted. What would be left to tell in 7,8,9? The empire is destroyed, emperor is dead. Where do you go from there?

I watched a video interview with Lucas saying he has already put forth the ideas for them and that the new head of Lucas Film was meeting with writers to start scripting for it. the idea is there its ready and like you I have NO idea where they are going with it. it wont be the books by other writers nor comics. its fresh. whether its a continuation or not is beyond my scope to think where they could go as you said all the story lines of 4 5 6 are dead or wrapped up.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just not sure when it would take place if it's going to fit in the EU. The timeline after Return of the Jedi is CHOCK FULL of stories. I remember reading books from things that happen 1 year after Ep. 6 to about 14 years, and there's plenty of stuff I haven't read after that. The New Jedi Order or whatever it is called is supposed to start 25 years or so later. I know the main cast from the original trilogy is involved in all that stuff - the ones that don't die, anyway...

Game-of-Thrones.png

... but I'm pretty sure all the story characters are accounted for during most to all of that time. So either it's an original group, it conflicts established canon, or it takes place waaaaaay in the future, or they squeeze it into a really short time frame during a gap in the books somewhere.

also I know that image is goddamn huge but I'm too lazy to re-google search it.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i honestly want a Jedi Master Skywalker rebuilding the Jedi Temple. I want MArk Hamil reborn as Luke Skywalker (after a personal trainer and maybe some makeup)

I want KICK ASS SKYWALKER......

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to sign up to that website in order to submit my photoshops for the contest, but you have to go through more security checkpoints than an airport.

Even after you get confirmation that everything looks good, you still have to wait up to 6 hours before you can post.

Looks like you guys are the lucky ones that get the honor of seeing all my hard work. :)

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
i honestly want a Jedi Master Skywalker rebuilding the Jedi Temple. I want MArk Hamil reborn as Luke Skywalker (after a personal trainer and maybe some makeup)

I want KICK ASS SKYWALKER......

I hope he brings his bitching corvette.

003.jpg

I tried to sign up to that website in order to submit my photoshops for the contest, but you have to go through more security checkpoints than an airport.

Even after you get confirmation that everything looks good, you still have to wait up to 6 hours before you can post.

Looks like you guys are the lucky ones that get the honor of seeing all my hard work. :)

fark? pretty easy in my experience. been a member there for more than 10 yrs.
the filters are to make it tougher for spammers, but once you jump through the hoops, you are good to go.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fark? pretty easy in my experience. been a member there for more than 10 yrs.
the filters are to make it tougher for spammers, but once you jump through the hoops, you are good to go.

What the fark Puck? When are you going to post my pics on there?

Do me a solid, I want to see if I get any votes.:becky:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought Annie Potts was kind of hot in that. Plus I remember when they showed that on TV when I was a little kid they kept the out of focus topless shot of her in the movie.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Annie Potts was kind of hot in that. Plus I remember when they showed that on TV when I was a little kid they kept the out of focus topless shot of her in the movie.

yeah me too. I always liked Annie Potts. I loved Corvette Summer. Always wanted that car even though now I look at it and think......ooooff. I dont have that small a member :D

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
What the fark Puck? When are you going to post my pics on there?

Do me a solid, I want to see if I get any votes.:becky:

sure - lemme know when you have some specific shops to put up.
generally in the photoshop contest threads, the TotalFark members ($5/month) get advance crack at it, so theirs are at the top of the page. Like all online communities, the majority have a pretty short attention span.