• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Disney buys Lucasfilm, plans to release Star Wars episode VII

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015: The Avengers 2, The Justice League and a brand new Star Wars movie... Oh MY....

fuck you Mayans you cant have this yet.

And don't forget the Hobbit, plus the 2 films to follow it. Damn Mayans, they better not screw this up for us :laugh:

....Since Gary and Don already royally screwed up our sport :burt:

Last edited by a moderator:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hobbit will be out before the end of the world.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll just be sent to the afterlife not seeing parts 2 and 3 of the trilogy. :(

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Star Wars and Star Trek fan, but I haven't see any of the LOTR movies...

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Star Wars and Star Trek fan, but I haven't see any of the LOTR movies...

Dash... I though of you as a brother before, sharing the Bruins love. But... now... I just... How the fuck can you exist and not have seen the LOTR movies?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dash... I though of you as a brother before, sharing the Bruins love. But... now... I just... How the fuck can you exist and not have seen the LOTR movies?

always thought something was not right there... now its fully exposed.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't really explain it, as I think of myself as a pretty big sci-fi freak, but that franchise has never really appealed to me. Maybe I should read the books and that might get me hooked.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of people that find them boring. They are usually big fans of Star Wars and the like. I tend to lean towards the more fantasy shit with elves and orcs, but I still like the space stuff.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't really explain it, as I think of myself as a pretty big sci-fi freak, but that franchise has never really appealed to me. Maybe I should read the books and that might get me hooked.

Possibly in the minority on this one, but I feel this was one of the rare instances where the movies were actually better than the books.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Star-Wars-No-1-Fan.jpg

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If one were to purchase a book that might loosely fit into these upcoming films, what might that book be?

tumblr_mb1mr96Jho1r5fntb.gif

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of want that shirt but not sure many would get the joke

Well obviously the Falcon used to be bigger and part of it was blasted off. Not sure where the joke is in damage to a ship where crew members probably died.

Now me, I love Star Wars so much I always wanted one of these:

star-trek-chess-side.jpg

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly in the minority on this one, but I feel this was one of the rare instances where the movies were actually better than the books.

you're not completely alone.. i thought they were good books but great movies.. the books got a little too bogged down with detail and different languages (and songs in different languages).. at least IMO

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're not completely alone.. i thought they were good books but great movies.. the books got a little too bogged down with detail and different languages (and songs in different languages).. at least IMO

Agreed.

Oddly enough, probably the single most effective song in the movies - in ROTK where Pippin (I think it's Pippin, haven't watched in a while) singing is inter-cut with the human army charging - isn't even in the books.

The movies were able to better cut between the different story-arcs than the books were too. Instead of getting all of one story then jumping back in time to the start of the other parallel stories, they could just cut back and forth.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Geek is strong in this one

Different franchise, but certainly applicable...:D

Get A Life! - Video Dailymotion

Oddly enough, I haven't really done anything Star Wars besides occasionally watching the originals (occasionally meaning maybe once a year or two) in probably five or ten years. I USED to be a big nerd, reading bunches of the books and knowing tons about the expanded universe, but I just lost interest at one point and never got it back. I still have tons of useless trivia stuck in my head from that time.

I think you are actually in the majority. I still like the books better myself, but the movies were incredible as well. There are a bunch of small differences (Sam puts on the ring at one point, there's a bit more story after they destroy the ring, probably fifty other things I can't remember because I'm sleepy, etc).

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

Oddly enough, probably the single most effective song in the movies - in ROTK where Pippin (I think it's Pippin, haven't watched in a while) singing is inter-cut with the human army charging - isn't even in the books.

The movies were able to better cut between the different story-arcs than the books were too. Instead of getting all of one story then jumping back in time to the start of the other parallel stories, they could just cut back and forth.

agree w/ the bold, and to be honest i cant remember the books well enough to remember the jumping back and forth.. it's probably been 10 years since i last read the books

Oddly enough, I haven't really done anything Star Wars besides occasionally watching the originals (occasionally meaning maybe once a year or two) in probably five or ten years. I USED to be a big nerd, reading bunches of the books and knowing tons about the expanded universe, but I just lost interest at one point and never got it back. I still have tons of useless trivia stuck in my head from that time.

I think you are actually in the majority. I still like the books better myself, but the movies were incredible as well. There are a bunch of small differences (Sam puts on the ring at one point, there's a bit more story after they destroy the ring, probably fifty other things I can't remember because I'm sleepy, etc).

that was the only glaring omission i thought.. i really liked the "Scouring of the Shire" chapter in the book