• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Coming Soon!

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
and he didn't direct it, but any mention of tarantino must include this little ditty by tito + tarantula
because it's a great song, that's why

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to look forward to Falcon And Winter Soldier after reading the preview.

Renegade air force airman Sam Wilson (Anthony Mackie) pulls assassin Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan) from a federal prison on a 48-hour leave to help him capture Barne's old partner, Baron Zemo (Daniel Brühl). Having escaped from a prison work crew, Zemo is on a killing spree around San Francisco, on the trail of half a million dollars that went missing after one of his crimes. The cocky Barnes knows where the money is, but spars with the hotheaded Sam as he enjoys his temporary freedom.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Watched the Joker tonight.

Holy cow, wasn't expecting that dark of a movie.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to look forward to Falcon And Winter Soldier after reading the preview.

Renegade air force airman Sam Wilson (Anthony Mackie) pulls assassin Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan) from a federal prison on a 48-hour leave to help him capture Barne's old partner, Baron Zemo (Daniel Brühl). Having escaped from a prison work crew, Zemo is on a killing spree around San Francisco, on the trail of half a million dollars that went missing after one of his crimes. The cocky Barnes knows where the money is, but spars with the hotheaded Sam as he enjoys his temporary freedom.

why the hell is bucky in prison after all he did against Thanos :)

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

way better than I thought it would be.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^I'm hoping this is the post that gets me a Webby.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder Justice League

Watched it last night. Was very good, much better than Joss Whedons. Darker, harder and better performances in how they were cut and edited. I really quite like Ben Affleck as Batman. Superman was way more serious and I liked it. I'm not going to compare it to MCU as I don't think that needs to be done. I like MCU more but I REALLY want DC to succeed more as I love that universe also. The stories could be real fun.. this JL movie is a good start, now fix green lantern please ... Superman and Batman will take care of themselves (I haven't seen WW84 yet, but it doesn't sound promising).

Anyway 7.5/10 for JL Snyder Cut (I probably rate Whedons version 5/10)

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder Justice League

Watched it last night. Was very good, much better than Joss Whedons. Darker, harder and better performances in how they were cut and edited. I really quite like Ben Affleck as Batman. Superman was way more serious and I liked it. I'm not going to compare it to MCU as I don't think that needs to be done. I like MCU more but I REALLY want DC to succeed more as I love that universe also. The stories could be real fun.. this JL movie is a good start, now fix green lantern please ... Superman and Batman will take care of themselves (I haven't seen WW84 yet, but it doesn't sound promising).

Anyway 7.5/10 for JL Snyder Cut (I probably rate Whedons version 5/10)
I think DC/WB has already officially scrapped any plans for more DCEU, choosing instead to focus only on individual characters/franchises because of how bad Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad, and Justice League ended up being (either reviews, box office, or both) vs the comparative success of Aquaman and Wonder Woman.

The fact that they needed a 4 hour movie to turn Justice League into something even remotely watchable I think really speaks volumes about the issues they have trying to make an ensemble movie with those characters.

Regarding WW84 (and I cannot emphasize this enough): Don't. Seriously, just don't. It took everything that was good about the first (minus the awful ending of the first) and threw it all out the window in favor of poorly done camp, awful narrative/exposition, and a deeply disturbing central plot point that they pretend is silly and romantic.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fact that they needed a 4 hour movie to turn Justice League into something even remotely watchable I think really speaks volumes about the issues they have trying to make an ensemble movie with those characters.

Regarding WW84 (and I cannot emphasize this enough): Don't. Seriously, just don't. It took everything that was good about the first (minus the awful ending of the first) and threw it all out the window in favor of poorly done camp, awful narrative/exposition, and a deeply disturbing central plot point that they pretend is silly and romantic.

This first point yes. I was thinking this but could never put it into words properly..

Also on WW84 ... Frak that's like the same thing I hear over and over... That is sooo disappointing ..

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WW84: watch the first scene where she is a kid. Fast forward and stop to see her run around in her costume now and then. Watch the mid credits scene. Boom done in 15, you'll be much happier.

How many times did they say "Martha" in the Snyder cut?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Saw a tweet on the Snyder cut...

It was so long and disjointed, I expected it to end with a recipe.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This first point yes. I was thinking this but could never put it into words properly..

Also on WW84 ... Frak that's like the same thing I hear over and over... That is sooo disappointing ..
I don't know what went wrong on WW84. I enjoyed the first one up until the ending (which was fucking awful), but then this one is just completely different.

I don't know if the studio meddled too much. I don't if the new writer just sucked. I don't know if Covid forced them to make changes or rush to make a deadline, but it was a huge step back.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC fails miserably when it tries to be Marvel. Don't try to be fun, DC needs to be darker/grittier. Don't try to be comedic and colorful etc. The Christopher Nolan Batman movies are super dark and happen to be the best superhero movies ever. Play to your strengths

Also, who the hell is running WB? Was reading up on all the DC movies and every single one of them has issues. Directors dropping out, rewrites, reshoots, filming delays etc. What is going on over there?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Half Of It on Netflix is a very nice little movie. The three leads were great.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC fails miserably when it tries to be Marvel. Don't try to be fun, DC needs to be darker/grittier. Don't try to be comedic and colorful etc. The Christopher Nolan Batman movies are super dark and happen to be the best superhero movies ever. Play to your strengths

Also, who the hell is running WB? Was reading up on all the DC movies and every single one of them has issues. Directors dropping out, rewrites, reshoots, filming delays etc. What is going on over there?
I think I am the only one not impressed with those. I do not hate them, I think they are OK - just nothing special. I havent seen the last one with Bane.

I like Nolan's movies, I think any random one of them is far better than his Batman movies.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
The Half Of It on Netflix is a very nice little movie. The three leads were great.
looking at the imdb synopsis, seems like Cyrano de Bergerac with more potential for scissoring?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looking at the imdb synopsis, seems like Cyrano de Bergerac with more potential for scissoring?
Yeah but it's a more innocent and sweet film than that. Not that scissoring can't be done sweetly. Like that episode of Cagny And Lacey.