• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Coming Soon!

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tenor.gif

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know where to start endgame passes avatar for all time box office a black widow movie coming and a new Thor movie with Lady Thor. New black Panther movie. a new Blade movie. Loki TV series falcon and winter soldier TV series Scarlet witch TV series a "what if?" Animated series, doctor strange part two will be a horror movie and a new fantastic four by marvel is coming, so great. so much Marvel it's going to be amazing.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even know where to start endgame passes avatar for all time box office a black widow movie coming and a new Thor movie with Lady Thor. New black Panther movie. a new Blade movie. Loki TV series falcon and winter soldier TV series Scarlet witch TV series a "what if?" Animated series, doctor strange part two will be a horror movie and a new fantastic four by marvel is coming, so great. so much Marvel it's going to be amazing.

I think phase 4 will allow them to get creative now that the main storyline has finished.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of creative, Legion has been fantastic this season.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still working my way through Schitts Creek. At first glance it's a really dumb silly comedy, and it consistently works as that. However at times it can really be really sweet and touching. It's very well done.

View attachment 207327

This will be my last Schitts Creek post, at least until the final episodes. I am finally caught up and its a really good show - much better than the title would lead you to believe.

Glad it got some Emmy nominations this year. Glad Catherine O'hara did too, I am not sure what the hell she is doing speech wise but shes hilarious. The Levys are good too.

Its a funny show, really funny, but its also nice and nice and nice can be hard to do.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there was some actual belief at the time that this may have been the case. There's still some heavily contested assertions that the CIA, via a Russian double agent who was working with the French, intentionally "leaked" faulty software that caused an explosion on a Soviet oil pipeline in 1982.

The Soviets knew of his espionage and executed him in 1985, so the thought that there could have been some type of CIA involvement wouldn't have been a stretch at the time.
I'm just finishing up Legacy of Ashes by Tim Weiner and he states this in the book as fact, that the CIA got a Canadian software company to sell the Soviets this software and then blew up the pipeline.

This was also pretty much the only thing the CIA did right for, like, 30 years. The double agent was only later identified along with pretty much every agent the agency had inside the USSR by a Soviet mole and summarily executed.

So yeah, the Soviets almost assuredly gave serious thought at some point to the idea that Chernobyl was a CIA plot but given the consequences of a nuclear meltdown they probably ruled it out pretty easily.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just finishing up Legacy of Ashes by Tim Weiner and he states this in the book as fact, that the CIA got a Canadian software company to sell the Soviets this software and then blew up the pipeline.

This was also pretty much the only thing the CIA did right for, like, 30 years. The double agent was only later identified along with pretty much every agent the agency had inside the USSR by a Soviet mole and summarily executed.

So yeah, the Soviets almost assuredly gave serious thought at some point to the idea that Chernobyl was a CIA plot but given the consequences of a nuclear meltdown they probably ruled it out pretty easily.
I'm not sure that would have been a thought. There were a lot of people who were in favo(u)r of full on nuclear assault and I think there were a lot of people on the CIA/US side that would believe fully that the Soviets wouldn't hesitate to cause a nuclear meltdown.

/I'm guessing that's where the plot of the submarine storyline from The Americans came from as well.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure that would have been a thought. There were a lot of people who were in favo(u)r of full on nuclear assault and I think there were a lot of people on the CIA/US side that would believe fully that the Soviets wouldn't hesitate to cause a nuclear meltdown.

/I'm guessing that's where the plot of the submarine storyline from The Americans came from as well.

I read numerous accounts that when FBI agent / Russian spy Robert Hanssen was giving the Soviets information - some Soviets were convinced they could win a nuclear war and we're in favor of attacking.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I only meant that a full on meltdown in the Western USSR would likely (and indeed did) adversely impact NATO allies' home soil with radiation.

If the CIA were going to blow up a reactor in the USSR there were plenty in central Russia, the Urals and Kazakhstan to attack that wouldn't have ran the risk of poisoning West Germany.

I read numerous accounts that when FBI agent / Russian spy Robert Hanssen was giving the Soviets information - some Soviets were convinced they could win a nuclear war and we're in favor of attacking.
Like any power, they of course had their hawks in government.

As the Afghan War dragged on though, their military situation quickly became what the United States' was post-Vietnam except much, much worse. Had they simply said fuck it to Afghanistan the risk of war in the Reagan era may have been much higher but their lack of military readiness combined with a failing economy was always going to leave the hawks overruled.

Which is funnier when considering the Americans were so fucking inept at espionage inside Russia during that era that they actually thought the Soviet economy was roaring until Gorbachev started opening things up and 4000 people applied for a job at fucking McDonalds. For all the "Reagan knew the Soviets' time was up" legend we hear today he actually did all that posturing while his intelligence community were telling him that the USSR was at its strongest in decades which is kind of terrifying in hindsight.

Last edited:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved The Boys on Amazon.

Next up, season 2 of both Mindhunter and The Terror.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just finished Glow season three. I thought it continues to be excellent. Extremely well acted.

Next up - The Boys and The Handmaids Tail

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved The Boys on Amazon.

Next up, season 2 of both Mindhunter and The Terror.
Liked The Boys too. Chace Crawford as a running joke was a very nice touch.

Mindhunter was good but about half the season is focused on them explicitly not hunting minds, which was a little disappointing.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched "A Simple Favor" on Amazon last week. I heard it was good and usually like Paul Feig movies so I watched. I liked it, I do not think it knew what it wanted to be at times, but overall it was good.
Warning - if you watch it in HD - Blake Lively is on screen a lot and she is really hideous and hard to look at. Yuck.

Finished season one of The Handmaid's Tail, its as hilarious as it looks. But very good.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
La La Land was really good, there really was not much to it but it was beautiful. Emma and Ryan were fantastic.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Just found out that we get amazon prime.

Good Omens is really terrific.
6 episodes, easily bingeable.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When I see the Bad Boyz for Life trailer
1221793441821820517.gif