• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Coming Soon!

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

was this right at the exact moment that Randy went bat shit crazy? holy fuck how have I not seen this trash trailer before.
The chimpanzee was the best actor in that whole thing

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fargo, still really good IMO. Some of the violence is hard to watch.
I think most of the leads are doing great but so are the supporting actors. Especially the usually funny ones.

Dave Foley - great job

Lamont Morris - fantastic this episode. Both frightened and stood his ground - so good.

Joe Keery - as Gator - unlikable character but plays him fantastically.

Richa Moorjani - great as Indira. She's a star

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fargo, still really good IMO. Some of the violence is hard to watch.
I think most of the leads are doing great but so are the supporting actors. Especially the usually funny ones.

Dave Foley - great job

Lamont Morris - fantastic this episode. Both frightened and stood his ground - so good.

Joe Keery - as Gator - unlikable character but plays him fantastically.

Richa Moorjani - great as Indira. She's a star

About to have a danish for breakfast in his hono(u)r

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap: i have watched this scene about 20 times now

“To fight a tiger in a cage … is not a fair fight”

“Now the tiger …. Is free…”

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dial of Destiny wasn't bad, it wasn't great. It was ok. It made me feel incredibly old at some points. I actually think it would have been more impactful if Shia LaBeouf had some role in it since they referenced his death. The end was nice with Marion reenacting the scene from raiders I loved that more than I should have . It felt like I was watching a comic book story for Indy .. the CGI was mind blowing

6.5/10

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have avoided this movie for years. Like I did Blues Brothers 2000 then I watched that and hated that I did. So I stayed away from Escape from LA

but this write up makes me watch to try it .. have any of you seen this? is it bad? I rate Escape from New York high and Im ok if it is much of the same but that surfing scene in the trailer really kept me away from it

"Escape from L.A." (1996) is the only sequel John Carpenter ever directed. He co-wrote "Halloween II" (1981) with frequent collaborator Debra Hill, but he turned down the chance to direct it, citing it as just being "more of the same." When this movie was originally released, it was criticized for being too similar to its predecessor, "Escape from New York" (1981).
This film was caught in development hell for eleven years. A script was first commissioned in 1985, but Carpenter thought it was "too light, too campy". It remained dormant until Carpenter and Kurt Russell got together with Hill. Russell's persistence that got the film made. Snake Plissken was his favorite character, a character he wanted to play again.
According to an interview with Carpenter, Russell not only came up with, but wrote the entire ending of the movie. This film is Russell's only writing credit.
Russell was 45 when he made this film. He worked out for several months to get back into Plissken shape. At the beginning of the film, Russell wears his costume from the original film. It still fit after 15 years.
Steve Buscemi took his part in this film to help fund his directorial debut, "Trees Lounge" (1996).
Carpenter later reflected, "'Escape from L.A.' is better than the first movie. Ten times better. It's got more to it. It's more mature. It's got a lot more to it. I think some people didn't like it because they felt it was a remake, not a sequel... I suppose it's the old question of whether you like 'Rio Bravo' (1959) or 'El Dorado' (1966) better? They're essentially the same movie. They both had their strengths and weaknesses. I don't know-you never know why a movie's going to make it or not. People didn't want to see 'Escape' that time, but they really didn't want to see 'The Thing' (1982)... You just wait. You've got to give me a little while. People will say, you know, what was wrong with me?"
Carpenter's "Ghosts of Mars" (2001) was originally intended to be a third Snake Plissken film entitled "Escape From Mars," but when "Escape From L.A." did not do well at the box office, the screenplay was rewritten and the character of Desolation Williams took Plissken's place as the lead. (IMDb)
Happy Birthday, John Carpenter!

1705432945610.png

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have avoided this movie for years. Like I did Blues Brothers 2000 then I watched that and hated that I did. So I stayed away from Escape from LA

but this write up makes me watch to try it .. have any of you seen this? is it bad? I rate Escape from New York high and Im ok if it is much of the same but that surfing scene in the trailer really kept me away from it
Never seen it. LOL the surfing scene is partially why too.

I like the first, but I like a lot of his other movies much better.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darn. One of my favorite directors John Sayles (Eight Men Out, Lone Star, Limbo) has written a script for a remake of one of my favorite old sci-fi movies - Them!. Them is about ants that get exposed to radiation and become giants. I would love to see a remake of that with modern effects.

O-Mundo-em-Perigo-1954-1.jpg

But so far the studio that owns the property won't give Sayles the rights.

He's not a crazy choice BTW, he funded his own movies by writing The Howling, Piranha, Alligator etc...

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We watched the Fargo finale last night. I thought it was great. From some reviews it seems like the last 20 minutes was pretty divisive - but it worked for me.
Whit's death! No! He seemed like truly a good guy. He should have shot him!

I cannot believe god abandoned Roy like that....wtf god?

The shot of Tillman climbing out of the tunnel, looking like he was free, then the shot from the other side. :rofl:

Lorraine and Roy's prison scene - fantastic. When she began explaining what she did, focused on her, and stopped all the music with pretty much the only audio being her voice.....Oh well, he got a pack of smokes!

The final scene - I kept expecting it to end and it kept going and I think thats a good thing. It let things play out instead of rushing them. Should/would he have killed her/them? I dont know but he said how awful everyone was to him and how alone he was for centuries (lol) so who knows, maybe the pure simple wholesomeness and friendliness of a nice, if not too bright, mid-western family could win him over. Also Dot was right, he took the a dangerous job - dont be mad at the victim. Also also, so some are going to be upset he didnt kill them but OK with him being centuries old? lol

Plus his looks alone made the scene work for me. Him giving his speeches and the look on his face when they keep interrupting him were hilarious.

Overall I liked the season a lot. I think its reasonably close in quality to the first two seasons. I think 4 was great too but not as odd/quirky/amusing as the rest. Three was fine, just not as good as the rest. Mary Beth getting out of the bathtub though........

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We watched the Fargo finale last night. I thought it was great. From some reviews it seems like the last 20 minutes was pretty divisive - but it worked for me.
Whit's death! No! He seemed like truly a good guy. He should have shot him!

I cannot believe god abandoned Roy like that....wtf god?

The shot of Tillman climbing out of the tunnel, looking like he was free, then the shot from the other side. :rofl:

Lorraine and Roy's prison scene - fantastic. When she began explaining what she did, focused on her, and stopped all the music with pretty much the only audio being her voice.....Oh well, he got a pack of smokes!

The final scene - I kept expecting it to end and it kept going and I think thats a good thing. It let things play out instead of rushing them. Should/would he have killed her/them? I dont know but he said how awful everyone was to him and how alone he was for centuries (lol) so who knows, maybe the pure simple wholesomeness and friendliness of a nice, if not too bright, mid-western family could win him over. Also Dot was right, he took the a dangerous job - dont be mad at the victim. Also also, so some are going to be upset he didnt kill them but OK with him being centuries old? lol

Plus his looks alone made the scene work for me. Him giving his speeches and the look on his face when they keep interrupting him were hilarious.

Overall I liked the season a lot. I think its reasonably close in quality to the first two seasons. I think 4 was great too but not as odd/quirky/amusing as the rest. Three was fine, just not as good as the rest. Mary Beth getting out of the bathtub though........
Maybe I should have asked earlier in the season lol but when did these episodes air in the US? The episodes were on up here Tuesday nights.

My summary of the criticism boils down to ... if youre a misogynist you probably didnt like this season or finale. Especially the 20 minutes of Dot just talking and convincing "a man" to do something he didnt want to do.

That being said ... kinda chuckled when they surmised Whit was a good man because he grew up with 6 sisters lol

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I should have asked earlier in the season lol but when did these episodes air in the US? The episodes were on up here Tuesday nights.

My summary of the criticism boils down to ... if youre a misogynist you probably didnt like this season or finale. Especially the 20 minutes of Dot just talking and convincing "a man" to do something he didnt want to do.

That being said ... kinda chuckled when they surmised Whit was a good man because he grew up with 6 sisters lol
They aired here Tuesday evenings too. But I generally watched on Wednesday because my wife gets sleepy.

I chuckled at the sister line too, though the two of them had understandably a bad viewpoint of men. Not sure why their views of women were so great though - lots in the show were not so great.

I read comment by the writer this morning. At one point their might have been a fight at the end. Then he mentioned the end of No Country For Old Men - how when the big bad at the end showed up at Brolin's widow's house he tried to get her to call the coin flip. She refused to play his game. Dot kind of did the same thing. I thought that was pretty interesting.