• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: COMIC BOOKS The Walking Dead - BEWARE OF SPOILERS

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not catch this upon first viewing. I will need to pay close attention to that scene when I re-watch the ep later this week (probably Wed or Thursday)

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newer comics available online anywhere anymore?

/was at the mall and went to a chapters to see what they were up to (#) for the hardcover book series ... Bought #10 even though i read past that off of youtube (when they were on there)

So i grabbed the latest volume they had and flipped to the back 3 or 4 pages and holy shit ... Stitches ... Wow ... Blew my mind!

//wish they would allow immediate online access to the volumes if one committed/preordered the book :(

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wont last long on youtube

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]DyGRxx-rdrI[/YOUTUBE]

things are getting crazier than I thought they could get.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks for that mattola ... Im up to date now ... I had checked youtube a couple weeks back and comicsalday was gone ... that dude just keeps coming back after they cancel his account and uploads the issues ... props to him

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I have completely missed this thread for a few weeks...

I use ComicBooksAlday for my TWD reading. He often re-launches his channels because he is always shut down. I think his current channel has been up a few months now, though. I THINK it is ComicBooksAlday7...

next issue comes out on Wednesday. I doubt they will kill Paul, but they haven't had a MAJOR death in a while, and killing him in hand-to-hand would be a good developing point for the Whisperers.

I just don't think Paul has been around long enough to kill him yet.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Kirkman essentially confirmed that Aaron will be introduced soon. That means AFZ and Hilltop are not far behind. Will we meet Paul this season, or next?

Kirkman also said that show is about to change "dramatically". I think that fits with the introduction if AFZ and Hilltop. I just worry that these changes will be too big for the non-comic-reading TV-viewer. They will have to hold the attention through the Douglas and Gregory arcs, that, while interesting and vital, is slow.

When we get to the Saviors, though, the show should get GOOD.

Abraham, Eugene, Glenn, Holly, Dwight, and, of course, Negan!!!!

Maybe the second half of this season deals with Douglas handing the keys over to Rick and 5.16 = issue 100? That is faster than I had it paced, but it may work out that way.

Of course, this means that Negan is already cast, and they have kept it completely hush-hush, and I have a hard time believing that.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Kirkman essentially confirmed that Aaron will be introduced soon. That means AFZ and Hilltop are not far behind. Will we meet Paul this season, or next?

Kirkman also said that show is about to change "dramatically". I think that fits with the introduction if AFZ and Hilltop. I just worry that these changes will be too big for the non-comic-reading TV-viewer. They will have to hold the attention through the Douglas and Gregory arcs, that, while interesting and vital, is slow.

When we get to the Saviors, though, the show should get GOOD.

Abraham, Eugene, Glenn, Holly, Dwight, and, of course, Negan!!!!

Maybe the second half of this season deals with Douglas handing the keys over to Rick and 5.16 = issue 100? That is faster than I had it paced, but it may work out that way.

Of course, this means that Negan is already cast, and they have kept it completely hush-hush, and I have a hard time believing that.

yah i dont know how that will transfer to TV ... i would think they will bring in new "bad groups" (like the Grady cops) not in the comics to extend the plot and not just "devolve" it into a totally relationship based drama

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so they are likely going to Richmond Virginia ... Noahs hometown ... correct assumption ?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah i dont know how that will transfer to TV ... i would think they will bring in new "bad groups" (like the Grady cops) not in the comics to extend the plot and not just "devolve" it into a totally relationship based drama

I quite liked this deviation from the comics. I bet they were hoping that AMC would drop them and they could get on HBO for Negan alone. :D

so they are likely going to Richmond Virginia ... Noahs hometown ... correct assumption ?

sounds as good a thought as any. I do like how Rick did not even think of staying at the hospital. we are getting close to Negan. man that is going to be something

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They will also have Noah and his family, which are entirely new characters. Maybe they will deal with Douglas' partner (forget his name), whom they only reference in the comics. That could be some interesting story-telling.

Maybe AFZ and HT will start as rivals? The prob with that is that that is essentially what happens with Sanctuary after the war, so I am not sure they want to use that storyline.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill put a spoiler tag in case someone pops in here thinking its the regular walking dead thread

lol Andrew Lincoln wants to be the one armed man (like in the comics) in season 6

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are everyone's thoughts on 144?

The comic is finally good again!

What kind of deal will Rick make with Negan to complete his Face turn? We know Dwight does not want to continue leading the Saviors. Maybe Negan takes the reigns, with Dwight there to keep him in check? Can they trust Negan with that much power?

Eugene will be destroyed. He seems more balanced now than he was upon introduction, but I have no idea how he will react to this.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are everyone's thoughts on 144?

The comic is finally good again!

What kind of deal will Rick make with Negan to complete his Face turn? We know Dwight does not want to continue leading the Saviors. Maybe Negan takes the reigns, with Dwight there to keep him in check? Can they trust Negan with that much power?

Eugene will be destroyed. He seems more balanced now than he was upon introduction, but I have no idea how he will react to this.

that was some good shit lol

what was the final "head count" ? :whistle:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was some good shit lol

what was the final "head count" ? :whistle:
They had 12 focal heads, but only 11 in the broader shot.

I assume there were more, but they just showed us the "known" heads, and a few others to demonstrate that there were others.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And BTW, wouldn't just one Molotov cocktail take care of almost all of Alpha's herd?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And BTW, wouldn't just one Molotov cocktail take care of almost all of Alpha's herd?

maybe a couple more ... 5 or 6 lol

/
I really thought she was going to kill her daughter when she started out talking about weakness and not allowing it

The Alpha character reminds me a bit of the Officer Dawn from Grady Hospital character from the tv series

especially the part when alpha says "I only fill the role as needed until another steps up and takes it from me"