• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT College Football

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard today the conference can petition the NCAA to drop the 12 team requirement for a playoff, and they "may" choose to go that route.

Not sure why that rule is in there anyway. I really think it should be up to the conference if they want to have a conference championship regardless of the number of teams. But leave it to the NCAA.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why that rule is in there anyway. I really think it should be up to the conference if they want to have a conference championship regardless of the number of teams. But leave it to the NCAA.

Frankly, I didn't know this rule existed until a few days ago.

The only reason I can see for having it is the NCAA was "indirectly" telling the Big 12 to get at least 12 teams like everyone else, or be prepared to "potentially" harm ya. Not a threat, but certainly a strong suggestion to adapt or don't be so disappointed if it haunts you.

That's my guess anyway, and that's all that is.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, I didn't know this rule existed until a few days ago.

The only reason I can see for having it is the NCAA was "indirectly" telling the Big 12 to get at least 12 teams like everyone else, or be prepared to "potentially" harm ya. Not a threat, but certainly a strong suggestion to adapt or don't be so disappointed if it haunts you.

That's my guess anyway, and that's all that is.

I remember hearing about it back when the teams originally left the Big 12 and that they wouldn't have a conference championship as a result

A conference can petition for a waiver, doesn't mean the NCAA has to allow it,

I'm curious as to why 12 is the magic number, there has to be a rationale somewhere out there to explain why its 12

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember hearing about it back when the teams originally left the Big 12 and that they wouldn't have a conference championship as a result

A conference can petition for a waiver, doesn't mean the NCAA has to allow it,

I'm curious as to why 12 is the magic number, there has to be a rationale somewhere out there to explain why its 12

It's the NCAA, and you want rationality?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of things.....

If Baylor and TCU had been named Texas and OU, one of them would be in the final four

If Ohio State had been ranked 3rd, won their final game by 52, and then dropped from 3 to 6, ESPN would have ran 24 hours a day 7 days a week coverage on the injustice of the new system

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of things.....

If Baylor and TCU had been named Texas and OU, one of them would be in the final four

If Ohio State had been ranked 3rd, won their final game by 52, and then dropped from 3 to 6, ESPN would have ran 24 hours a day 7 days a week coverage on the injustice of the new system

My biggest problem with how all this worked out for TCU. But I accept the outcome.

Wis was ranked #13 and OSU was 5th. So I get the jump for them.

But what I don't understand is how TCU moved past FL St to 3rd last week, and then gets jumped by Baylor as well.

Honestly, I've got no problem with the final four. Other than now I'll have to cheer for Bama to beat the hell outta the Seminoles.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of things.....

Called politics. Goes on everywhere. There will always be displeasure till settled on the field.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Called politics. Goes on everywhere. There will always be displeasure till settled on the field.

You have made this statement many times before. Can you tell us what you mean and how you'd go about "settling it on the field" please?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have made this statement many times before. Can you tell us what you mean and how you'd go about "settling it on the field" please?

Perhaps he means that if Baylor and TCU didn't want to rely on others they should have just won all their games. Look at FSU. They made it in by winning every game. Hard to keep them out if they don't lose.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps he means that if Baylor and TCU didn't want to rely on others they should have just won all their games. Look at FSU. They made it in by winning every game. Hard to keep them out if they don't lose.

Hey, all anyone is gotta do is win all their games and it takes care of itself. Really?

Since there's exactly ONE team which is undefeated this season it at least "appears" it's not so easy to just win all your games rev.

com'on man

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, all anyone is gotta do is win all their games and it takes care of itself. Really?

Since there's exactly ONE team which is undefeated this season it at least "appears" it's not so easy to just win all your games rev.

com'on man

Baylor wouldn't have a damn thing to complain about if they beat WVU. They do that shit every year. They blow it vs a non ranked opponent. No arguments when you win them all. Unless you end up with 5 undefeated teams, but the likelihood of that is pretty damn low.

It might not be easy, but if you win your games you get rewarded.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor wouldn't have a damn thing to complain about if they beat WVU. They do that shit every year. They blow it vs a non ranked opponent. No arguments when you win them all. Unless you end up with 5 undefeated teams, but the likelihood of that is pretty damn low.

It might not be easy, but if you win your games you get rewarded.

In all due respect, I didn't ask you. I made a mistake in replying to your post to begin with.

My bad....never mind. :L

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all due respect, I didn't ask you. I made a mistake in replying to your post to begin with.

My bad....never mind. :L

If you wanna be that way about it go right on ahead. No clue where that is coming from. It's a forum where we all converse. If you want something to be solely addressed to another use the inbox. Otherwise be prepared for someone to reply to it.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you wanna be that way about it go right on ahead. No clue where that is coming from. It's a forum where we all converse. If you want something to be solely addressed to another use the inbox. Otherwise be prepared for someone to reply to it.

You're exactly right......Sorry......I stepped over the line, and for no good reason.

I apologize!

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're exactly right......Sorry......I stepped over the line, and for no good reason.

I apologize!

All good man. :suds:

BTW waiting for bowl season to start is the worst. All this time between games drives me crazy. I wanna see those teams play now!

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good man. :suds:

BTW waiting for bowl season to start is the worst. All this time between games drives me crazy. I wanna see those teams play now!

Thanks for moving on.

I've so look forward to the bowl season. This year I get to root for both the Volunteers and the Memphis Tigers. Strange season for this to happen.

Also, I bet a Big 12 - Texas Ex - every season on the SEC games and I, at least for the past 3 years, have won a steak dinner. haha I take all the SEC teams vs the line and it is what it is.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not say I know how. Just saying until a way is found there will always be someone unhappy with committee results.