• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT College Football

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BYU is interesting, but what would the state of Utah really bring?

Huge school, with huge fan base, travel really well and shit load of money for BYU.

As for the state all 3 Utah schools (Utah, BYU, Utah State) are solid schools that seem to be pretty consistent with athletic success and good fan bases for where they are.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would bring the whole Mormon market. :D

Ever notice how the don't work on Sunday thing only matters until they go pro? When Millions of dollars are on the line those guys seem to stop caring about the working on Sunday thing.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those would be some fantastic tailgates whenever Baylor & BYU played

No dancing or drinking...Well only drinking and dancing on Saturday night. Then forgiveness on Sunday morning.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge school, with huge fan base, travel really well and shit load of money for BYU.

As for the state all 3 Utah schools (Utah, BYU, Utah State) are solid schools that seem to be pretty consistent with athletic success and good fan bases for where they are.

California and Florida are better markets and have better talent.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
California and Florida are better markets and have better talent.

Not sure what it is now but I believe the Utah schools rely significantly on California recruiting. Because the B12 is a power conference they don't need about the TV markets has much as the non power ones.

Even Boise State recruits heavily in California from what I recall.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to hate when Baylor came to College Station, their fans were so lame

They probably thought the same in Waco. And you were both likely right.

Baylor has shed a lot of that image though from what I've seen. They have become a great deal more secular than Mary Hardin-Baylor. We have Judge Baylor's body though, so suck it BU.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what it is now but I believe the Utah schools rely significantly on California recruiting. Because the B12 is a power conference they don't need about the TV markets has much as the non power ones.

Even Boise State recruits heavily in California from what I recall.

Which is why a team like Fresno state would benefit the Big 12 more than BYU. It's a direct pipeline to the state.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No dancing or drinking...Well only drinking and dancing on Saturday night. Then forgiveness on Sunday morning.

And anal sex to preserve your virginity.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things I don't miss is the pressure to get married so you aren't living in sin. Silly people.

Big reason why divorce rates are so high in oklahoma.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big reason why divorce rates are so high in oklahoma.

Not just Oklahoma. Gullible Christian young adults get legalistic about sexual sin and get married young and realize that A. They don't really like sex with the person they married and B. They don't really like the person they married.

I say this as a former gullible Christian young adult. I grew up and realized I didn't have to let my faith make me a dumbass.

Well hell we really got off topic heh.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just Oklahoma. Gullible Christian young adults get legalistic about sexual sin and get married young and realize that A. They don't really like sex with the person they married and B. They don't really like the person they married.

I say this as a former gullible Christian young adult. I grew up and realized I didn't have to let my faith make me a dumbass.

Well hell we really got off topic heh.

I am a Christian who has been married faithfully to his wife going on 36 years and while I am not perfect by far I have tried to be a good testimony. I went from drugs and alcohol at 25 years and 10 months (was from the hippie culture and a devout atheist) to never touching another drop and I am now 61. So you can't lump all people who call themselves Christians into one bucket. Being a Christian or anything else for that matter does not exempt a person from divorce or any other issues that happen in life. For me I just consider it by the grace of God.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a Christian who has been married faithfully to his wife going on 36 years and while I am not perfect by far I have tried to be a good testimony. I went from drugs and alcohol at 25 years and 10 months (was from the hippie culture and a devout atheist) to never touching another drop and I am now 61. So you can't lump all people who call themselves Christians into one bucket. Being a Christian or anything else for that matter does not exempt a person from divorce or any other issues that happen in life. For me I just consider it by the grace of God.

His comment had more to do with the young people who get married so young because they've had abstinence crammed down their throats their entire lives. They get married because they're horny and don't want to live in sin, ultimately making a bad life decision. I'm a Christian too, but I think he's 100% on the money.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh believe me, I know life happens. As romeo mentioned, I was referring to one particular group. I didn't mean to imply I am no longer a believer, because I am. I just don't let worrying about legalistic things run my life anymore. It's much more freeing.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a mormon I can agree that the mormon culture (not the religion, 2 very different things) has unfortunately led/pressured many young people to make the stupid decision to get married more for the opportunity for sex than for actually marrying the person. It's sad but I think its getting better slowly. I still very much believe in not having sex before marriage... but there are much better paths to accomplishing that than rushing into a marriage you're not really sure about.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JUST A THOUGHT: TCU and Baylor could not have played in a conference championship game. They would both be in the South division thus Baylor would play the winner of the north division which would be Kansas St. Baylor would have been the conference champion anyway. Doesn't matter. Just a thought.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JUST A THOUGHT: TCU and Baylor could not have played in a conference championship game. They would both be in the South division thus Baylor would play the winner of the north division which would be Kansas St. Baylor would have been the conference champion anyway. Doesn't matter. Just a thought.

They could align the conference anyway they wish. They wouldn't necessarily have to be in the same division. Either way it's just a bunch of sour grapes and I get it from TCU's perspective. They were ranked 3rd on Tuesday and then through no fault of their own were jumped by two teams.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard today the conference can petition the NCAA to drop the 12 team requirement for a playoff, and they "may" choose to go that route.