• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT College Football

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, but a statement like this shows a lot of ignorance. It's not just a matter of "getting two more teams". There are a lot of considerations involved when bringining teams into a conference and money is a huge part of that. They have to bring something to the table. People always say, "Get Boise State", but they would bring nothing to the table. Bringing any two teams to the table waters down the conference and does more harm than good to the big12.

I disagree with Boise State. They're good in football and basketball and they also travel well. They spend money on their sports and I think Boise can easily survive in a power conference. They've always been good in football in just about every level they've been in and they take it pretty seriously.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with Boise State. They're good in football and basketball and they also travel well. They spend money on their sports and I think Boise can easily survive in a power conference. They've always been good in football in just about every level they've been in and they take it pretty seriously.

Just about anything is better than Iowa St.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just about anything is better than Iowa St.

Football wise yes but they've been more of a basketball school traditionally. I've known a few ISU alums and they say football wise it's probably one of the hardest/worst jobs in the nation and any success you have in football is a miracle.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They're not good in football anymore. Their TV market is a joke, and nobody wants to visit that shit hole stadium. Boise State would be a lead anchor.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby says conference to reconsider how to declare its champion - ESPN

Looks like its in the works:

In a phone interview on the College Football Playoff Selection Show, Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby told ESPN's Rece Davis: "It's clear that we were penalized for not having a postseason championship game. It would have been nice to have been told that ahead of time."

"We have to weigh whether this is substantial enough to add institutions. ... It's certainly a major consideration."

The Big 12 would need to add two teams or have the NCAA approve a waiver to have a conference championship game. The Big 12 has 10 teams, and a conference must have 12 teams to have a conference championship game.

There's talk of adding louisville and Memphis.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're not good in football anymore. Their TV market is a joke, and nobody wants to visit that shit hole stadium. Boise State would be a lead anchor.

Power conferences don't need to worry so much about TV markets like the non power ones. I'm not sure why you're claiming that's a shit hole stadium but they've been updating it the last few years and making it bigger. And yes they're still good in football and was ranked this past weekend. They spend money on their sports including football and have a really solid fan base that travels.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's talk of adding louisville and Memphis.

Louisville would make sense but since they're already in the ACC I'm not sure if they'd be as motivated to join the big 12. They can be in a basketball power conference and still be good in football and be one of the better programs in a power conference. I'm not sure Memphis would make sense. Of course they'd be a great basketball addition but offer zilch in football.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louisville would make sense but since they're already in the ACC I'm not sure if they'd be as motivated to join the big 12. They can be in a basketball power conference and still be good in football and be one of the better programs in a power conference. I'm not sure Memphis would make sense. Of course they'd be a great basketball addition but offer zilch in football.

Memphis would be like adding another Kansas.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I'd have to agree, but currently 12 is the minimum and until that changes it means the Big 12 needs 2 more teams

Too many quality teams being held back by a lack of a conference game

I'm sure you've mentioned it before but where did you go to school?

Mary Hardin-Baylor. They lost in the second round of the NCAA Division 3 playoffs.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more. Between Peterson leaving and the death of the BCS Boise became irrelevant for the rest of their history.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big 12 should look at adding Florida teams to improve the conference's pipeline.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I remember, but I've got a good friend from that area, I'm very familiar with MHB

If they have not been to Belton in a while, then they probably won't recognize the place. I hadn't been back in four years and the campus is drastically improved. I was impressed and slightly bitter that it wasn't so nice for the price I was paying.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if Fresno State would join? Pick up a Cali school too. That would be coast to coast pipeline.

Both Fresno State and San Diego State would be decent options if you wanted to get the California footprint. I think BYU could be in play but they seem to only be wanting independent status and continue their own religious network.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they have not been to Belton in a while, then they probably won't recognize the place. I hadn't been back in four years and the campus is drastically improved. I was impressed and slightly bitter that it wasn't so nice for the price I was paying.

I haven't been in a couple years, but yeah the whole area is definitely growing

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Fresno State and San Diego State would be decent options if you wanted to get the California footprint. I think BYU could be in play but they seem to only be wanting independent status and continue their own religious network.

BYU is interesting, but what would the state of Utah really bring?