• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT College Football

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final rankings Ala, Ore, Fla st and Oh st.

I have no problem with the Dumpster Fire getting dumped, get a conference championship and things are probably different

Hopefully they add the 2 teams they need

TCU playing Iowa St. while everyone was fighting for conference championships weighed heavily NOT in their favor

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with the Dumpster Fire getting dumped, get a conference championship and things are probably different

Hopefully they add the 2 teams they need

TCU playing Iowa St. while everyone was fighting for conference championships weighed heavily NOT in their favor

I agree, the big 12 did not help themselves by not having a conference championship game.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did they award co-champs without changing the by-laws? No basis to support their claim. I don't think a championship game will be put in until two more teams are added.

Agreed there was no basis for awarding both. They can add one next year all they'd have to do is get the to 2 teams of the conference and go from there. There doesn't need to be divisions IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For whatever it's worth, I've been in Memphis for the past 10 days. And the local buzz is the Big 12 is thinking of adding Memphis and Cincinnati to the mix.

Have no idea if this is based on fact or wishful thinking.

I read that as well and it seems like a reach. I thought Louisville would have been a great fit and id also consider BYU and Boise State.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wastin you still think the big 12 not having a championship game is a good idea.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that as well and it seems like a reach. I thought Louisville would have been a great fit and id also consider BYU and Boise State.

Yeah Louisville was mentioned too.

Think the Big 12 has to get 2 more teams regardless. I'd like Louisville and Memphis - purely selfish reasons - but think the conference would have to wonder about a school which has been lifeless for about 4 decades until this season.

The last good team Memphis had was with DeAngelo Williams and as a team, we weren't great then.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I predicted, Big 12 fell from grace.

Damn It...hate you being this right.

But gotta admit, the Big 12 should have had the foresight to have seen this coming and expanded before today.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn It...hate you being this right.

But gotta admit, the Big 12 should have had the foresight to have seen this coming and expanded before today.

Just by pure monetary reasons it's beyond me why they didn't want to have a championship game. No teams are needing to be added to have that game. Just take the top 2 teams from the conference and boom there you have it. The futbol leagues in Europe don't have any of this division nonsense. Just get the best two teams and there you have it.

Big 12 made their bed and they probably deserve it. And as I stated previously I have no problem getting OSU in the top 4.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year is why they will likely expand the field to 8 in the coming years. I think 8 is a good number. 8 best teams of a field of over 100 seems like a decent sample. You will always have people whining about why they deserve to be in, but 4 doesn't offer enough competitive balance.

Sucks for TCU that they are out of contention by a FG, but that's what happens when you play in the BIG 12 . It's a weak conference.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just by pure monetary reasons it's beyond me why they didn't want to have a championship game. No teams are needing to be added to have that game. Just take the top 2 teams from the conference and boom there you have it. The futbol leagues in Europe don't have any of this division nonsense. Just get the best two teams and there you have it.

Big 12 made their bed and they probably deserve it. And as I stated previously I have no problem getting OSU in the top 4.

Yes the Big 12 blew it. Having Baylor and TCU play again would have put one of them in over OSU. It's their own fault and they can blame themselves for that.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But hey one of Baylor and TCU will get the Fiesta Bowl and the other one the Sugar or Rose bowl.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something I didn't think about or remember but for there to be a conference championship game is 12 teams a minimum per NCAA rules to have one? If so that's another idiotic rule however in knowing this I guess the Big 12 should have known so it goes back to them making their bed.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something I didn't think about or remember but for there to be a conference championship game is 12 teams a minimum per NCAA rules to have one? If so that's another idiotic rule however in knowing this I guess the Big 12 should have known so it goes back to them making their bed.

Yes I believe it is mandated that you have a 12 team league

Jut go out and get 2 teams this offseason and call it a day

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure the committee would have gone for OSU if Texas or Oklahoma had been in the consideration instead of TCU and Baylor.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's your bottom line boys and girls.

We can banter this who should've or we could've for a month.

This season's final four is done, correct the problem for 2015 and concentrate on winning your bowl opportunities.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure the committee would have gone for OSU if Texas or Oklahoma had been in the consideration instead of TCU and Baylor.

Espn had a committee member on this morning and he said that the big 12 not naming a champion was a factor. The big 12 commissioner was on also and he stated that tie breaker was not for who would win the big 12, it was for what school representative to send to the bowl committees.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How I always understood it was if you have 12 teams you have no choice and have to have a championship. If you have less it's up to the conference president whether or not you have a championship game.

Maybe it changed though, but I remember the Big 10 and Pac 10 having the option to have one but always declined.

Also, what two schools would want to join the Big 12 and make it 12 again? SMU would be a bad choice. UH is pretty mediocre. I don't know much about UTEP.

Could go east and look at schools like UCF and USF.

Last edited by a moderator:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

don't agree this board was determined to have a Big 10 team no matter what

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've constantly heard that and I'm just not sure of that. It wouldn't hurt but once you put OSU, OU, and TX in a room they're all on equal level in terms of history, tradition, money etc and I still say OSU would have prevailed because they had the conference championship game and absolutely ass raped Wisconsin which no one saw coming and that too with their 3rd string QB.

There's no doubt he's a sleazeball but that Urban Meyer can recruit and coach.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've constantly heard that and I'm just not sure of that. It wouldn't hurt but once you put OSU, OU, and TX in a room they're all on equal level in terms of history, tradition, money etc and I still say OSU would have prevailed because they had the conference championship game and absolutely ass raped Wisconsin which no one saw coming and that too with their 3rd string QB.

There's no doubt he's a sleazeball but that Urban Meyer can recruit and coach.

Urban Meyer is no more of a sleazeball than any other coach from a major university.