• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT College Football

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't had a stiff drink in over 12 yrs but I may need one tonight.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GT slipping

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think OSU gets in and the Big 12 falls from grace.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think OSU gets in and the Big 12 falls from grace.

Can't imagine this happening.

TCU wins by 52 and is ranked 3rd, and I swear I just can't see them falling out. I'd be more concerned if they were in the 4 spot.

And there's 2 ways to view the OSU victory: (1) Wow, what a butt kicking and (2) How sorry is your conference that one division can shut out the other while scoring almost 60 points in the title game?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't imagine this happening.

TCU wins by 52 and is ranked 3rd, and I swear I just can't see them falling out. I'd be more concerned if they were in the 4 spot.

And there's 2 ways to view the OSU victory: (1) Wow, what a butt kicking and (2) How sorry is your conference that one division can shut out the other while scoring almost 60 points in the title game?
Good point on OSU game. Wish you were on the committee. Don't agree that TCU is a co-champion. Big 12 rules state in case of a tie, head to head prevails. This was confirmed this morning on ESPN'S interview with Briles. I hate a committee when opinions dictate over wins and loses especially when Condoleeza Rice has a say. Forget names and look at resumes if a committee is the decision maker. Bama Oregon and FSU earned the right to be there but OSU no. Baylor and TCU will fall. Hope I am wrong.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point on OSU game. Wish you were on the committee. Don't agree that TCU is a co-champion. Big 12 rules state in case of a tie, head to head prevails. This was confirmed this morning on ESPN'S interview with Briles. I hate a committee when opinions dictate over wins and loses especially when Condoleeza Rice has a say. Forget names and look at resumes if a committee is the decision maker. Bama Oregon and FSU earned the right to be there but OSU no. Baylor and TCU will fall. Hope I am wrong.

The committee isn't bound to conference champions. They've stated this all along. This "co-champ" BS is straight from the Big 12 and is beyond ridiculous.

Besides OSU won 59-0 with a 3rd string QB. Really? This should tell the committee and lot about an awful conference IMO.

And ya know, all this crap could have been so easily avoided if they'd gone to a 8 team playoff to begin with.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Baylor is in the top 4. I think it boils straight down to OSU or TCU and based on what OSU has done all season long including embarrassing Wisconsin in the conference championship game I think the top for is Alabama, Oregon, FSU, and OSU. And truth be told I can't say I disagree with it.

The big 12 made their bed when they eliminated the conference championship game and what they did even more idiotic was award both TCU and Baylor co-champions if they both had the same record because they didn't have a backbone of having one method in determining. Either you award the sole champion based on head to head or maybe even determine it by highest ranking from the committee or the polls etc.

But in the end Baylor, TCU, and OSU made their beds because they lost a game so they are at the mercy of the committee. If they don't like it then don't lose a game and force yourself into not being at the mercy of the committee.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The committee isn't bound to conference champions. They've stated this all along. This "co-champ" BS is straight from the Big 12 and is beyond ridiculous.

Besides OSU won 59-0 with a 3rd string QB. Really? This should tell the committee and lot about an awful conference IMO.

And ya know, all this crap could have been so easily avoided if they'd gone to a 8 team playoff to begin with.
According to Big 12 by laws there is no "co - champ" . In case of tie, head to head prevails and I understand this does not apply to the committee decision. Just saying Baylor is the conference winner by all rights in the Big 12.

Whatever, someone is going to be screwed/disappointed. Your choice. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Baylor is in the top 4. I think it boils straight down to OSU or TCU and based on what OSU has done all season long including embarrassing Wisconsin in the conference championship game I think the top for is Alabama, Oregon, FSU, and OSU. And truth be told I can't say I disagree with it.

The big 12 made their bed when they eliminated the conference championship game and what they did even more idiotic was award both TCU and Baylor co-champions if they both had the same record because they didn't have a backbone of having one method in determining. Either you award the sole champion based on head to head or maybe even determine it by highest ranking from the committee or the polls etc.

But in the end Baylor, TCU, and OSU made their beds because they lost a game so they are at the mercy of the committee. If they don't like it then don't lose a game and force yourself into not being at the mercy of the committee.
Evidently you did not hear the Big 12 by laws stating in case of a tie head to head prevails thus Baylor wins.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evidently you did not hear the Big 12 by laws stating in case of a tie head to head prevails thus Baylor wins.

Either way to award co champions was ridiculous and the fact that the conference doesn't have a championship game is probably even more stupid. I would guess that if both Baylor and TCU are left out I think the conference championship game will soon be put in place.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way to award co champions was ridiculous and the fact that the conference doesn't have a championship game is probably even more stupid. I would guess that if both Baylor and TCU are left out I think the conference championship game will soon be put in place.

How did they award co-champs without changing the by-laws? No basis to support their claim. I don't think a championship game will be put in until two more teams are added.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As you and I were already discussing earlier, the committee has said - from early on - the whole idea is to get the 4 best teams in the final four, not teams with the best records, or from certain conferences.

So this Big 12 "co-champ" nonsense shouldn't weigh one way or the other toward Baylor/TCU getting into the final four.

Also like we were discussing earlier, the Big 10 is a joke of a conference right now. Their top 3 teams are OSU, Mich St and Wisconsin. And now OSU beats the ever-loving-hell outta the conferences # 3 team and this is somehow going to catapult them into the 4 spot, and drop the #3 team to number five.

It just illustrates what a sorry ass conference they have to me.

It may very well happen. But it won't make shit-to-shine-Olla's worth of sense to me.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did they award co-champs without changing the by-laws? No basis to support their claim. I don't think a championship game will be put in until two more teams are added.

For whatever it's worth, I've been in Memphis for the past 10 days. And the local buzz is the Big 12 is thinking of adding Memphis and Cincinnati to the mix.

Have no idea if this is based on fact or wishful thinking.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you and I were already discussing earlier, the committee has said - from early on - the whole idea is to get the 4 best teams in the final four, not teams with the best records, or from certain conferences.

So this Big 12 "co-champ" nonsense shouldn't weigh one way or the other toward Baylor/TCU getting into the final four.

Also like we were discussing earlier, the Big 10 is a joke of a conference right now. Their top 3 teams are OSU, Mich St and Wisconsin. And now OSU beats the ever-loving-hell outta the conferences # 3 team and this is somehow going to catapult them into the 4 spot, and drop the #3 team to number five.

It just illustrates what a sorry ass conference they have to me.

It may very well happen. But it won't make shit-to-shine-Olla's worth of sense to me.
I don't think a fair way can be determined. A committee vote is wrong and too many games to play before a #1 could be determined. Quit arguing over who is #1 and play bowl games.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For whatever it's worth, I've been in Memphis for the past 10 days. And the local buzz is the Big 12 is thinking of adding Memphis and Cincinnati to the mix.

Have no idea if this is based on fact or wishful thinking.
Wow. Thats interesting.