• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT College Football

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, that was ugly.

Apparently there had been a bunch of BS going on between the two all week. The announcers (Kanell & Fleming) - which were awful - mentioned it several times throughout.

And the game was chippy from the start and the refs didn't flag once that I remember for any of it.

I told my buddies, "it matters not who wins or how, this game is going to end with a fight." You could just see it coming.

Not one of our better moments for sure.

I will tip my hat to the Memphis HC, Justin Fuente, for saying as he was walking off the field that Memphis has to learn how to handle success. We don't have much practice at it, that's for sure.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a bunch of chicken shit stuff in that scrum.

Using a helmet to hit a guy in the head is a straight up bitch move. The guy swinging his helmet at another player should have gotten an ass kicking

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using a helmet to hit a guy in the head is a straight up bitch move. The guy swinging his helmet at another player should have gotten an ass kicking

He should have been taken to jail for assault with a deadly weapon.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's going to be some serious repercussions from this nasty incident.

Either the school, conference or the NCAA - if not all three - should come down and apply the appropriate suspensions/expulsions, or criminal charges needed IMO.

I watched this fight several times and # 53 for Memphis, Leonard Pegues and # 12 for BYU, Kai Nacua have got to get hammered. Pegues kicked a downed BYU player at least twice, and Nacua hit a Memphis kid in the back of the head with a forearm smash and missed on a second attempt.

But by no means are these two of two. They may be two of twenty.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's going to be some serious repercussions from this nasty incident.

Either the school, conference or the NCAA - if not all three - should come down and apply the appropriate suspensions/expulsions, or criminal charges needed IMO.

I watched this fight several times and # 53 for Memphis, Leonard Pegues and # 12 for BYU, Kai Nacua have got to get hammered. Pegues kicked a downed BYU player at least twice, and Nacua hit a Memphis kid in the back of the head with a forearm smash and missed on a second attempt.

But by no means are these two of two. They may be two of twenty.

Kai landed a couple of sucker punches. He also got popped so hard his face was bleeding. I wouldn't be surprised if BYU expelled him for his actions. They take discipline very seriously.

And kicking someone by itself is shameful, but while you have cleats on? That's just vile. I can bet the NCAA will review the fight closely and they will work with the schools on handling this. Just a sad thing to mar the opening a bowl season. I was seriously worried a few times when I saw a player fall and multiple guys pounce toward them. Just a scary situation.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kai landed a couple of sucker punches. He also got popped so hard his face was bleeding. I wouldn't be surprised if BYU expelled him for his actions. They take discipline very seriously.

And kicking someone by itself is shameful, but while you have cleats on? That's just vile. I can bet the NCAA will review the fight closely and they will work with the schools on handling this. Just a sad thing to mar the opening a bowl season. I was seriously worried a few times when I saw a player fall and multiple guys pounce toward them. Just a scary situation.

What makes this even worse - if this is possible - was the game itself, was great entertainment, full of ebbs & flows, goats to hero's, hero's to goats throughout the contest.

7 TD's for the Memphis QB ties an NCAA record, and that 55 yard FG in OT would have been good from 65.

Yet a 55-48 thriller will always be remembered for this ugly incident.

But yeah, you're right, it was scary and honestly, someone could have been seriously hurt, well beyond a few stitches or a black eye.

Absolutely no place in college football for this and hopefully it's going to be dealt with sternly.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big bowls are upon us guys. Gotta admit, this is like a Christmas present to me. My favorite football time of year.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big bowls are upon us guys. Gotta admit, this is like a Christmas present to me. My favorite football time of year.
The very best football time possible.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The very best football time possible.

Yeah, and I've got my usual steak dinner bet with my Longhorn buddy. I take all the SEC teams and the line vs the competition. Won it 3 straight years.

Frankly, I don't think this is year 4 though. hahaha

How's your wife doing there sir?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and I've got my usual steak dinner bet with my Longhorn buddy. I take all the SEC teams and the line vs the competition. Won it 3 straight years.

Frankly, I don't think this is year 4 though. hahaha

How's your wife doing there sir?
Better but slow. Thanks.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody wake me up when there is a real Bowl game. All these others are Bore games. I know some have been very exciting but they are just so meaningless that I do not even care to watch them or who wins. I mean come on. Teams who are 6-6 in a Bowl game? Its time for a full blown playoff in Div I just like Div II and III do.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody wake me up when there is a real Bowl game. All these others are Bore games. I know some have been very exciting but they are just so meaningless that I do not even care to watch them or who wins. I mean come on. Teams who are 6-6 in a Bowl game? Its time for a full blown playoff in Div I just like Div II and III do.
Understood over and out.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither Boston College or Penn State wrinkle my pantie hose. But seeing Penn get beat is always a good thing. Never cared for a Nittany.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither Boston College or Penn State wrinkle my pantie hose. But seeing Penn get beat is always a good thing. Never cared for a Nittany.

Tough evening then, for ya.

But I know where you're head is. They've always taken a "we're at least a little better than you" attitude, and the way they totally defended the Almighty Paterno in the aftermath of the Sandusky abuses was nothing short of shameful.

I will never root for them again, no matter who they play.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough evening then, for ya.

But I know where you're head is. They've always taken a "we're at least a little better than you" attitude, and the way they totally defended the Almighty Paterno in the aftermath of the Sandusky abuses was nothing short of shameful.

I will never root for them again, no matter who they play.
Heck of a way to win but it's a win. Now If the Huskers can take USC.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was always a Penn St fan since my parents were born and raised in PA and I was born there while my dad was in Germany. What Sandusky did to a whole lot of people just ticks me off. No man is an island and he proved that by messing with young boys and men in a wicked way and destroyed many good people's reputations who would have never dreamed of anything like that happening. I felt bad for all the players who saw everything they played for trashed because of him and had no idea what was happening. Kudos for the players who stuck it out through the tough times in the last few years to keep a program going. After all, it was not their fault. They went to PSU for completely different reasons.