• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT College Football

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 more but too many stupid penalties.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one isn't an hour from my house. I won't be.

I drove all the way to Belton to watch one quarter before a lightning delay...I just got home after driving through an awful thunderstorm for about 4 hours. Today sucked...
Congrats Rev. You have to feel much better now.

:clap:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumb holding just wiped out a nice TD run

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor will never advance playing this bad and don't deserve to.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one isn't an hour from my house. I won't be.

I drove all the way to Belton to watch one quarter before a lightning delay...I just got home after driving through an awful thunderstorm for about 4 hours. Today sucked...

Well, glad you made it home safely. Those storms were definitely scary in spots.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for laughs - FSU beats OK St 37-31 in Arlington and Baylor beats OK St 49-28 in Waco and TCU beats OK st 42-9 in Ft Worth. Alabama beats WVa 33-23 in Atlanta and Baylor beats them 41-27 in Morgantown and TCU edges them out 31-30 also in Morgantown. OK St is 3-5 in conference and WVa is 4-4 but yet the Big 12 is far inferior to some other conferences according to some.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way. Does anyone remember the results of last years Sugar Bowl when Oklahoma from the inferior Big 12 played the mighty Alabama from the powerhouse SEC? In case you do not Oklahoma kicked their tail 45-31. Of course A&M and Missouri who were doing nothing in the Big 12 when they switched to the SEC were suppose to be manhandled in the SEC. We saw how that turned out also. I am tired of the voters automatically trumping the SEC head and shoulders above every other conference.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope they move to an 8 team playoff next season.

What would be wrong with having the winner of the five major conferences automatically qualifying and then have 3 at large berths?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way. Does anyone remember the results of last years Sugar Bowl when Oklahoma from the inferior Big 12 played the mighty Alabama from the powerhouse SEC? In case you do not Oklahoma kicked their tail 45-31. Of course A&M and Missouri who were doing nothing in the Big 12 when they switched to the SEC were suppose to be manhandled in the SEC. We saw how that turned out also. I am tired of the voters automatically trumping the SEC head and shoulders above every other conference.

Do you honestly believe that Alabama showed up last year putting their best effort in?

Think about this, they had won the championship 2 straight seasons, and if they could have won a 3rd would have accomplished something which had never been accomplished before. But they lost to Auburn - on the most improbable play imaginable - to douse the dream.

Now if you were them, wouldn't you show up flat for any bowl game not having championship implications?

And for whatever it's worth, I've taken the bowl qualifying SEC teams against the line with a buddy of mine for a steak dinner. And for 3 straight years I've eaten a nice steak for free.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
romeo.....this is for you and from Travis Haney of ESPN. Changes he says which might be on the horizon.

Oklahoma OC

This might seem like an odd inclusion, given that Sooners freshman Samaje Perine ran for an NCAA-record 427 yards Saturday, but it underscores that Perine was misused when he saw only five carries versus Baylor. Hard-to-explain gameplans and usage have been the norm in OU losses since Heupel was elevated to OC in 2011. When talking about the Sooners, coaches agree Oklahoma have failed to consistently have an offensive identity since Kevin Wilson went to Indiana.

“I just don’t know who they are from week to week, I feel like,” one said. “Are you a power run team? Are you spread-you-out and throw it a bunch? It’s hard to be both.”

With Perine as an example, Oklahoma has as much talent as anyone. Yet it hasn’t won the conference since Heupel was promoted.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you honestly believe that Alabama showed up last year putting their best effort in?

Think about this, they had won the championship 2 straight seasons, and if they could have won a 3rd would have accomplished something which had never been accomplished before. But they lost to Auburn - on the most improbable play imaginable - to douse the dream.

Now if you were them, wouldn't you show up flat for any bowl game not having championship implications?

And for whatever it's worth, I've taken the bowl qualifying SEC teams against the line with a buddy of mine for a steak dinner. And for 3 straight years I've eaten a nice steak for free.

Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
romeo.....this is for you and from Travis Haney of ESPN. Changes he says which might be on the horizon.

Oklahoma OC

This might seem like an odd inclusion, given that Sooners freshman Samaje Perine ran for an NCAA-record 427 yards Saturday, but it underscores that Perine was misused when he saw only five carries versus Baylor. Hard-to-explain gameplans and usage have been the norm in OU losses since Heupel was elevated to OC in 2011. When talking about the Sooners, coaches agree Oklahoma have failed to consistently have an offensive identity since Kevin Wilson went to Indiana.

“I just don’t know who they are from week to week, I feel like,” one said. “Are you a power run team? Are you spread-you-out and throw it a bunch? It’s hard to be both.”

With Perine as an example, Oklahoma has as much talent as anyone. Yet it hasn’t won the conference since Heupel was promoted.

That describes our situation perfectly. Oklahoma WILL NOT win another championship until they get Heupel out of the OC position. I've said the same thing about him that I did Wash. They will not see another dime of my money until they get him out of that position.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That describes our situation perfectly. Oklahoma WILL NOT win another championship until they get Heupel out of the OC position. I've said the same thing about him that I did Wash. They will not see another dime of my money until they get him out of that position.

Soon as I saw the article I thought you enjoy reading it.

I know you've been off the Hoop bandwagon for some time now.

So if they move on from him, who's next up on your wish list?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soon as I saw the article I thought you enjoy reading it.

I know you've been off the Hoop bandwagon for some time now.

So if they move on from him, who's next up on your wish list?

I want fat man Mark Mangino back from Iowa State.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess oklahoma has an excuse for losing any game when a championship isn't on the line too.

Completely different scenario IMO anyway.

I just think if a team had a very realistic opportunity to play for a national championship, and first time in history for a school to win 3 in a row, only to lose in the last game in the most improbable of ways, it'd be hard to say, "come on guys, let's get all exciting about playing for 4th place."

I honestly just don't think they had their hearts into the contest.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely different scenario IMO anyway.

I just think if a team had a very realistic opportunity to play for a national championship, and first time in history for a school to win 3 in a row, only to lose in the last game in the most improbable of ways, it'd be hard to say, "come on guys, let's get all exciting about playing for 4th place."

I honestly just don't think they had their hearts into the contest.

:bullshit: Sorry, but I'm not going to let someone diminish that win with that garbage.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bullshit: Sorry, but I'm not going to let someone diminish that win with that garbage.

It's not BS....it's called a different opinion.

But never fucking mind.

Have a nice day.