• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT College Football

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Longhorns want you guys in a bowl game. They think they can whoop you guys and use that momentum to flip a lot of recruits. I don't want to see them get the opportunity. Especially because of what happened 2 years ago. The Aggies were coming off a good season and the cotton bowl wanted to match up Texas and aggie. Deloss dodds / Mack brown put enough political pressure on the cotton bowl to avoid the matchup. Oklahoma played the aggies instead and got rolled. Texas shouldn't be able to pick and choose bowl matchups.

You don't really think Texas is the only school doing this are ya? Really?

Ironically, I heard today on ESPN-Dallas the SEC would discourage A&M to scheduling a bowl game with Texas.

And I saw a bowl prediction showing my Volunteers playing W Vir in the Music City Bowl. But let me tell ya for a fact, if the MC Bowl committee approached TN and said they'd like to match them with U of Memphis the Vols would say, not just no, but hell no.

A lot of schools/conferences get a "voice" in who the competition is.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

You don't really think Texas is the only school doing this are ya? Really?

Ironically, I heard today on ESPN-Dallas the SEC would discourage A&M to scheduling a bowl game with Texas.

And I saw a bowl prediction showing my Volunteers playing W Vir in the Music City Bowl. But let me tell ya for a fact, if the MC Bowl committee approached TN and said they'd like to match them with U of Memphis the Vols would say, not just no, but hell no.

A lot of schools/conferences get a "voice" in who the competition is.

I just thought it looked tacky. The moment Texas becomes bowl eligible they call out A&M knowing all too well that the relationship between the two schools is very complicated and the likelihood of the two teams playing in some 3rd tier / meaningless shit bowl is minimal. Bowl projections change on a weekly basis, all conferences have input and try to put their teams in favorable situations. Aggy is outrecruiting Texas and I don't see it changing until the 2016 class at the earliest. The reason people don't like Texas is because they act way too big for their britches, I find the thought of a team who will in all likelihood finish 6-6 ( losing to TCU on turkey day) throwing their weight around and saying " bring it on" to be a pathetic joke. The move reeks of desperation to me, but that is just my perception.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just thought it looked tacky. The moment Texas becomes bowl eligible they call out A&M knowing all too well that the relationship between the two schools is very complicated and the likelihood of the two teams playing in some 3rd tier / meaningless shit bowl is minimal. Bowl projections change on a weekly basis, all conferences have input and try to put their teams in favorable situations. Aggy is outrecruiting Texas and I don't see it changing until the 2016 class at the earliest. The reason people don't like Texas is because they act way too big for their britches, I find the thought of a team who will in all likelihood finish 6-6 ( losing to TCU on turkey day) throwing their weight around and saying " bring it on" to be a pathetic joke. The move reeks of desperation to me, but that is just my perception.

Haven't heard the expression "too big for their britches" in quite a while. Well done.

Know where you're coming from on the point too. U of Texas has always had an elevated vision of themselves IMO. Have a buddy who is a Horn through-n-through. When I first met him, he honestly acted if no one who attended any other university even had a right to cheer for their home school. Pretty ridiculous to say-the-least.

Anyway, Texas was the main culprit in tearing apart the old SWC and does anyone blame Neb, MO, A&M etc from moving to other conferences rather than staying in the Big 12 and serve the Longhorn Networks needs?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't heard the expression "too big for their britches" in quite a while. Well done.

Know where you're coming from on the point too. U of Texas has always had an elevated vision of themselves IMO. Have a buddy who is a Horn through-n-through. When I first met him, he honestly acted if no one who attended any other university even had a right to cheer for their home school. Pretty ridiculous to say-the-least.

Anyway, Texas was the main culprit in tearing apart the old SWC and does anyone blame Neb, MO, A&M etc from moving to other conferences rather than staying in the Big 12 and serve the Longhorn Networks needs?

I actually can sympathize with alumni who are annoyed at t-shirt fans. I really like Division 1 college football, but I have no dog in the fight. I just like competition. I never felt like I could root for any school religiously that I did not attend. It just feels weird to me. I don't deride people who root for UT or TAMU that never went to either school, but I don't really understand it.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually can sympathize with alumni who are annoyed at t-shirt fans. I really like Division 1 college football, but I have no dog in the fight. I just like competition. I never felt like I could root for any school religiously that I did not attend. It just feels weird to me. I don't deride people who root for UT or TAMU that never went to either school, but I don't really understand it.

I've never understood this sentiment. Think about it. The theory undoubtedly must've originated from a guy who attends a power five conference school and I'd assume a well off influential school at that ( notre dame, texas, USC, Oklahoma, Florida, or Michigan). If you examine the college landscape, only 70 teams have a realistic shot of competing for national titles, fame, and glory. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have the resources, drive, capability, or luck in order to attend these schools. In addition, if everyone did their wouldn't be enough room. College Football is the 2nd most popular sport in the country and the success of the sport would not be popular without the support of these " T shirt fans". One of the best things about sports is that you as a fan have the right to root for whichever team you want.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never understood this sentiment. Think about it. The theory undoubtedly must've originated from a guy who attends a power five conference school and I'd assume a well off influential school at that ( notre dame, texas, USC, Oklahoma, Florida, or Michigan). If you examine the college landscape, only 70 teams have a realistic shot of competing for national titles, fame, and glory. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have the resources, drive, capability, or luck in order to attend these schools. In addition, if everyone did their wouldn't be enough room. College Football is the 2nd most popular sport in the country and the success of the sport would not be popular without the support of these " T shirt fans". One of the best things about sports is that you as a fan have the right to root for whichever team you want.

The NCAA profits off t-shirt fans so I know they love them. Like I said, I don't deride them. I can just sympathize with people who feel a closer bond to the team because they went to the school.

That's why I don't complain too hard about bandwagon fans in sports. You make a shit ton of money off bandwagon fans. If you relied only on the diehards you're operating budget would be pretty small.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a fairly quiet day, as far as any potential shakeup in the top 10.

But, the Vols have a home contest against a fired up MO squad who might just win the SEC East with a win today.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a fairly quiet day, as far as any potential shakeup in the top 10.

But, the Vols have a home contest against a fired up MO squad who might just win the SEC East with a win today.

I am gonna hop in the car in about an hour and drive to Belton for a Division 3 playoff game.

Oh I got a new job offer. I should start in January.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am gonna hop in the car in about an hour and drive to Belton for a Division 3 playoff game.

Oh I got a new job offer. I should start in January.

Congratulations.....now don't be late. :pound:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is going on in Oklahoma that has caused a weather delay?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been concerned about the Baylor game being played in such stormy weather. Looks like it will go on.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell of a start Petty. Keep it going

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't understand #7. Hard to compete with the SEC when voting

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets just give em'6. Crap

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations.....now don't be late. :pound:

This one isn't an hour from my house. I won't be.

I drove all the way to Belton to watch one quarter before a lightning delay...I just got home after driving through an awful thunderstorm for about 4 hours. Today sucked...