• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT College Football

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romeo was quail hunting this weekend. No worries.

And your boys didn't need your help anyway come to find out.

Boy, Tech's run defense is abysmal to say the least.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Associated Press Top 10
Florida State received 43 first-place votes in The Associated Press college football poll. Alabama got 16 and Oregon got one.
Complete poll | Power rankings

1. Florida St. (43) 6. Baylor
2. Alabama (16) 7. Ohio St.
3. Oregon (1) 8. Ole Miss
4. Miss. St. 9. Georgia
5. TCU 10. Michigan St.
First-place votes in parenthesis

Don't understand how the AP can have TCU 5th after their showing against the Jayhawks. I would have thought both Baylor and Ohio St would have jumped them.

Not that it matters very much in the grand scheme of things anyway.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's talk of an Aggy vs. Horns game happening. I think it's a bad idea, both teams are having a disappointing year. The next time Aggy and Horns play it should actually mean something.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone give me their top 6 teams vying for the final four in order please.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's talk of an Aggy vs. Horns game happening. I think it's a bad idea, both teams are having a disappointing year. The next time Aggy and Horns play it should actually mean something.

The Horns are not having a disappointing year IMO. They stand 6-5 with TCU yet to play on Thanksgiving.

But going into the season not much was expected, then they lost their QB. So all-in-all I'd think they are actually exceeding expectations.

As for the Aggies, they started out fast and it was fools gold. But, they still have 7 wins, and if they beat LSU at home, could have 8. Under their circumstances - changing of QB - I think they're pretty pleased too.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romeo......this from Travis Haney on the Florida opening and Stoops. Has him # 1 on their list.

1. Bob Stoops, Oklahoma

Foley should start by checking Stoops’ temperature. He has passed on UF before, but things change and Stoops has been at OU for a decade and a half.

If there’s an air of staleness -- and the disappointment of three losses this season seems to indicate that there is -- it might be the ideal time for Stoops to make a move to where he excelled from 1996 to '98 as Spurrier’s defensive coordinator.

Imagine a scenario in which Stoops is the head coach and Spurrier, once he retires in Crescent Beach, comes over to hang around at practice -- the way that Barry Switzer does now at OU. That would be a pretty strong play from Florida.

A wrench in this fantasy: Stoops now makes more than $5 million a year. It would take some serious accounting from UF. That’s a lot for anyone to match, and offering an armored truck hasn't typically been Florida's play. Even Meyer was coming from Utah (when it was still in the Mountain West).

Foley likes his up-and-comers, though that hasn't always worked out. Stoops would be as much of a sure thing as Florida could get.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a huge D3 football fan, because of the university I attended. The playoffs as decided by the NCAA are a cluster fuck in D3. The NCAA routinely favors teams with past success because they are unable to seed teams based on 10 games they say. Can you imagine teams being given favorable treatment in the playoffs in professional sports because they won the championship the year before? It would be a mockery of fair competition.

The NCAA will find away to fuck up the FBS playoffs. It will be corrupt in no time and they will award teams for prior success instead of letting that year dictate how teams are sorted and seeded. My university is goes very deep in the playoffs every year. They are probably the third best program in the country in any given year. I don't want them favored because they have had past success. I want them and every other team in D3 to have the same shot at success any given year.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a huge D3 football fan, because of the university I attended. The playoffs as decided by the NCAA are a cluster fuck in D3. The NCAA routinely favors teams with past success because they are unable to seed teams based on 10 games they say. Can you imagine teams being given favorable treatment in the playoffs in professional sports because they won the championship the year before? It would be a mockery of fair competition.

The NCAA will find away to fuck up the FBS playoffs. It will be corrupt in no time and they will award teams for prior success instead of letting that year dictate how teams are sorted and seeded. My university is goes very deep in the playoffs every year. They are probably the third best program in the country in any given year. I don't want them favored because they have had past success. I want them and every other team in D3 to have the same shot at success any given year.

When they continue to expand it beyond 4 teams up to 10 teams or something because of revenue they will have fucked it up!

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great fun and watching the dogs is a real pleasure.

Hunt em up! People that don't ever get to experience a great bird dog; point, back and retrieve are missing out on one of the most fun things there are as a sportsman. Love some good bird dogs and a sore shoulder after a long weekend in the birds.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is why I have never paid any attention to all the nonsense of why Div I cannot have playoffs. Div II and III have been doing it for years without any problem. The only issue may be who gets the home field but when it gets down to the final 4 teams then it goes to a neutral site.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When they continue to expand it beyond 4 teams up to 10 teams or something because of revenue they will have fucked it up!

IMO it should have been 8 teams to begin with.

With a 4 team system, several teams, at least potentially, will get left out when it's not necessarily anything wrong with the system, just it's short in it's goal.

What happens if MS St wins out? They'll end up 11-1 and it's one loss will be to Bama, who has a pretty decent chance of running the table and being ranked # 1. Does MS St deserve to be in the final four after being ranked # 1 for half the season?

If so, then you've got TCU/Baylor - also at 11-1 - getting left out. Or a one loss Ohio State. If not, MS St makes the same argument.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Horns are not having a disappointing year IMO. They stand 6-5 with TCU yet to play on Thanksgiving.

But going into the season not much was expected, then they lost their QB. So all-in-all I'd think they are actually exceeding expectations.

As for the Aggies, they started out fast and it was fools gold. But, they still have 7 wins, and if they beat LSU at home, could have 8. Under their circumstances - changing of QB - I think they're pretty pleased too.

We did not come into the season with much in the way of expectations, lots of new faces in key positions and lots of young unproven players on defense while losing 3 1st round talents on offense

Outside of the Alabama game, things haven't really been too out of the ordinary for them

Expected to get a bowl bid but anywhere between 6-8 was about what was expected

So correct on the 5-0 start being a bit of fool's gold, and as we've seen, the truth lies somewhere in the middle

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Longhorns want you guys in a bowl game. They think they can whoop you guys and use that momentum to flip a lot of recruits. I don't want to see them get the opportunity. Especially because of what happened 2 years ago. The Aggies were coming off a good season and the cotton bowl wanted to match up Texas and aggie. Deloss dodds / Mack brown put enough political pressure on the cotton bowl to avoid the matchup. Oklahoma played the aggies instead and got rolled. Texas shouldn't be able to pick and choose bowl matchups.

Last edited by a moderator:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read it and weep if you want.

College Football Playoff Top 10
Alabama is the new No. 1 team in the College Football Playoff rankings, but the first four still includes Mississippi State.

1. Alabama 6. Ohio St.
2. Oregon 7. Baylor
3. Florida St. 8. Ole Miss
4. Mississippi St. 9. UCLA
5. TCU 10. Georgia

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor didn't do shit this weekend and TCU didn't play like a ranked team. If both Baylor and TCU win out. I think the big 12 will get a team in. The question becomes which team?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor didn't do shit this weekend and TCU didn't play like a ranked team. If both Baylor and TCU win out. I think the big 12 will get a team in. The question becomes which team?

There's still a lot of "what if's" TBD.

But "if" the top 3 - Bama, Oregon, FL St - win out, they are obviously in. Then "if" MS St and/or Ohio State do the same, the Big 12 has no shot whatsoever of getting a team in IMO.