• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT College Football

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really.....would he accept the position? Is this what the program wants if they do move on?

He's currently the OC at Iowa State. Give the guy complete control over the offense and blow his current pay out of the water.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not BS....it's called a different opinion.

But never fucking mind.

Have a nice day.

And I think that opinion is a garbage attempt at diminishing that win. McCarron even publicly said his team wanted to make a statement in that game that they were the best team in the country. I've heard that same rhetoric too many times and it's bull shit.

Have yourself a nice day as well.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way. Does anyone remember the results of last years Sugar Bowl when Oklahoma from the inferior Big 12 played the mighty Alabama from the powerhouse SEC? In case you do not Oklahoma kicked their tail 45-31. Of course A&M and Missouri who were doing nothing in the Big 12 when they switched to the SEC were suppose to be manhandled in the SEC. We saw how that turned out also. I am tired of the voters automatically trumping the SEC head and shoulders above every other conference.

How about two big 12 teams losing to two sec teams for the national championship.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's currently the OC at Iowa State. Give the guy complete control over the offense and blow his current pay out of the water.

But what I'm asking is, is this the prevailing thought coming out of the program or wishful thinking?

No doubt about his credentials. But does he want to his next move to be as a HC?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about two big 12 teams losing to two sec teams for the national championship.

One of them McCoy looked like he was going to roll Alabama. Then that sorry backup QB still almost pulled it out. And Stoops p play calling blew it against Florida.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of them McCoy looked like he was going to roll Alabama. Then that sorry backup QB still almost pulled it out. And Stoops p play calling blew it against Florida.

Ya know, we're never going to know, but I sure would've liked to have seen McCoy play the entire game and see how it would've turned out.

To this very day, it seems forgotten what a fantastic season he had as a senior. One of the finest ever.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and the same thing if Applewhite had been the starter instead of Chris Simms. What a idiotic move by Mack Brown. Applewhite still almost pulled out a miraculous win in the Big 12 championship after Simms put them in the hole with 3 INTs. With Applewhite I believe UT wins the National Championship.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and the same thing if Applewhite had been the starter instead of Chris Simms. What a idiotic move by Mack Brown. Applewhite still almost pulled out a miraculous win in the Big 12 championship after Simms put them in the hole with 3 INTs. With Applewhite I believe UT wins the National Championship.

I'd kind of forgotten about young Major. Good point.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some nitwit female at the MO/TN game held up a sign which read: It's Tebow Time in Tennssee

Gawd, if you can't laugh at yourself what good are ya I guess.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The thing is they got beat. Don't act like sec is not good in football. Has much as i hate to admit it they probably the best conference in football. You don't when 6 or 7 championships in a row by being a bad conference. I was so glad to see Fla st break their streak last year.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is they got beat. Don't act like sec is not good in football. Has much as i hate to admit it they probably the best conference in football. You don't when 6 or 7 championships in a row by being a bad conference. I was so glad to see Fla st break their streak last year.

Go back and read what I posted. I know the SEC is good in football but not as good as the pollsters are making them out to be. Reminds me of the ACC in basketball. If they were so high and mighty an A&M team fresh out of the Big 12 would not have had Alabama's defense running all over the place. And like I said many thought A&M and Missouri would have their tails kicked because they were coming from the Big 12 and were in the middle of the pack in that conference. It hasn't turned out that way. But now that they are in the Big 12 they are awesome.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus I was making this comparison as it is all we have to go by.

Just for laughs - FSU beats OK St 37-31 in Arlington and Baylor beats OK St 49-28 in Waco and TCU beats OK st 42-9 in Ft Worth. Alabama beats WVa 33-23 in Atlanta and Baylor beats them 41-27 in Morgantown and TCU edges them out 31-30 also in Morgantown. OK St is 3-5 in conference and WVa is 4-4 but yet the Big 12 is far inferior to some other conferences according to some.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go back and read what I posted. I know the SEC is good in football but not as good as the pollsters are making them out to be. Reminds me of the ACC in basketball. If they were so high and mighty an A&M team fresh out of the Big 12 would not have had Alabama's defense running all over the place. And like I said many thought A&M and Missouri would have their tails kicked because they were coming from the Big 12 and were in the middle of the pack in that conference. It hasn't turned out that way. But now that they are in the Big 12 they are awesome.

You think the Heisman Trophy winner had anything to do with that?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think the Heisman Trophy winner had anything to do with that?

Oh yeah. Just like Vince Young pretty much was the offense for UT. But I really think any team in another Power Conference other than the ACC would have a hard time going undefeated.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though I'm an SEC homer, I don't want to see 2 SEC teams in the final four. Just don't think it's good for college football to do so.

If I get my wishes though, the Gators pull an upset and we get rid of Fla St. Thus clearing a path for either Baylor or TCU. Then if Ole Miss can do the same, Ohio State moves into the final four too.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though I'm an SEC homer, I don't want to see 2 SEC teams in the final four. Just don't think it's good for college football to do so.

If I get my wishes though, the Gators pull an upset and we get rid of Fla St. Thus clearing a path for either Baylor or TCU. Then if Ole Miss can do the same, Ohio State moves into the final four too.

I am with you 100% about not having two teams from the same conference in the final 4.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with you 100% about not having two teams from the same conference in the final 4.
Agree with you and Don. This year the voting process has caused this. Alabama and Miss.St got in the top 4 by votes not by a better record than either TCU or Baylor. Not that either of them could beat say Alabama but know one casting votes should decide. The system is not fair nor will it be until decided on the field. How you do that I don't know but it needs to happen.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with you and Don. This year the voting process has caused this. Alabama and Miss.St got in the top 4 by votes not by a better record than either TCU or Baylor. Not that either of them could beat say Alabama but know one casting votes should decide. The system is not fair nor will it be until decided on the field. How you do that I don't know but it needs to happen.

And that was really my gripe on anyone saying that any particular conference is head and shoulders above the other. I gave comparison scores of West Virginia vs Alabama, Baylor and TCU and comparison scores of OK State against FSU, Baylor and TCU. Based on those scores it just does not show anyone to be far superior to any other conference. But when the voters decides that one is then when they just play each other and lose they barely move in the polls.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that was really my gripe on anyone saying that any particular conference is head and shoulders above the other. I gave comparison scores of West Virginia vs Alabama, Baylor and TCU and comparison scores of OK State against FSU, Baylor and TCU. Based on those scores it just does not show anyone to be far superior to any other conference. But when the voters decides that one is then when they just play each other and lose they barely move in the polls.

You know, all this could have been so easily avoided if there were an 8 team system instead of 4.

Take the conference winner from each of the 5 conferences and then have 3 at large berths.

Pretty easy IMO.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, all this could have been so easily avoided if there were an 8 team system instead of 4.

Take the conference winner from each of the 5 conferences and then have 3 at large berths.

Pretty easy IMO.

Agree. Like it has been said before, if all other divisions in football are able to have a complete playoff format there should be no reason that Division I could not have. To make it just 4 teams is beyond ridiculous. 8 would have been a good start. But of course it is all about money and all the money that these 6-5 teams could lose out on in bowl revenue. The number of bowl games has gotten out of hand anyway.