• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tenor.gif

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit, I would probably struggle with identifying which is which other than Pakistan or Afghanistan.

I would probably have trouble with the former Soviet republics as well. And what I do get right is strictly down to Top Gear/The Grand Tour.
Kazakhstan is easy too...it's the biggest country over there that isn't Russia, China, or India.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
jesus

A ‘megafire’ measuring 1.5 million acres forms in Australia as bushfires merge

... causing two large blazes to merge into one. The new “megafire” measures about 1.5 million acres, about the size of the state of Delaware, or roughly eight times as large as New York City.

The emergency warning issued for the Morton Fire near Bundanoon advised residents to seek shelter, noting, “It is too late to leave.”

According to one estimate, up to 1 billion mammals, birds and reptiles nationwide, many of them unique to Australia, may have been affected or killed by the fires

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the flu. My son had it 2 weeks ago and the wife is 4 days into her battle with it.

I have a good paying job and behind my Mortgage my largest expense out of my salary is health insurance. I pay more for health insurance than the combined payments on 2 cars, one of which is an Audi. Plus the insurance on said cars and one additional one my son drives.

For that expenditure, I get the pleasure of also paying more money for treatment and medication.

On my insurance Tamiflu is 84 dollars for the 5 day course. When I was talking to the Nurse Practitioner yesterday (Paid 40 bucks for that appointment), I mentioned this is our third outlay of 84 bucks and we still have two in the house who haven't gone down yet she told me that on her insurance Tamiflu costs 100 bucks. Her son has it.

This person, who comes in contact with flu-ridden monkeys like me all day long pays 100 bucks per for the meds to deal with it.

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

I mean, maybe the flu spreads because some people don't have 85 to 100 clams to minimize symptoms. Or the 40 to get the shot, that I will point out did nothing for my wife. She got hers. This is a different strain of flu than what she was vaccinated for.

And now down here we have had a new business pop up that offer "coupons" that will provide you the "service" of lowering the 100 or 84 dollars down to a more reasonable 40. It's called GoodRX. Oh, yay. Thanks. You have taken something that should be free and made it so I ONLY paid half as much as you were trying to charge.

Seems to me that if a random app can be profitable by simply offering a coupon for someone else's products, then maybe said products are way too stupidly priced.

Status
Not open for further replies.