• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop part III

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I got a subscription and my first issue was the 1988 Swimsuit issue - I was 8 at the time and I remember all the scenery from the beaches in Thailand.

It doesn’t take ai writers to produce a product like that.
Is it wrong that I still know that Elle McPherson was the cover model

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had read somewhere maybe a decade ago that the swimsuit issue accounted for some insane chunk of their annual revenue still.

Which makes the decision to put trans models on the cover two of the past three years kinda insane from a business standpoint.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I forgot all about the SI Swimsuit issues.

I had read somewhere maybe a decade ago that the swimsuit issue accounted for some insane chunk of their annual revenue still.

Which makes the decision to put trans models on the cover two of the past three years kinda insane from a business standpoint.
Maybe the bulk of the sales are ministers and other "religious" leaders holding them up to demonstrate the collapse of American values? j/k

In the internet age I am surprised these were still a big seller. The last one I leafed through was a body paint one from a few years ago. Ughh, that grocery store bathroom was disgusting.

Also Elle tried acting for a while, if one wanted to they could find some nice shots from a movie called Sirens.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at that smile. All bundled up. Probably thinks he back in his “happy place” from a few months back :pound:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is this the worst or greatest scam email to ever be received? the bolded is my absolute favourite part

Dear friend,

My name is Andrew Lawson. We are unfamiliar with each other but it takes a day for people to know. I would like to propose a legitimate business to you and please take this seriously. I am proposing a deal that will make us richer and you are very important to this deal as you will find out.

I am a senior accountant with NatWest Bank, London, United Kingdom. I have worked here for a little more than 15 years now and I was the personal accountant to one foreign contractor with Royal Dutch Plc who has an investment account with my bank.

Unfortunately, my client died along with his nuclear family in France while on sabbatical in the summer of 2010, may their soul rest in peace. He died without leaving a Will. Several efforts were made to find his extended family through your embassy without success.

I received a notice last week to provide the beneficiary of the account as his accountant OR risk the fund been transferred to the government (es-cheat) in 21 days' time. I am contacting you to assist me in repatriating the funds left behind by my late client since you both share the same last name.

This claim will be executed without breaching any British laws and success is guaranteed if we cooperate on this. The bank will release the account to you because of your last name and my recommendation of you as the next of kin.

I will forward my International passport so you know this is a serious deal, when I get your response. The amount involved is GBP10, 000, 000.00. I propose we share the proceeds 50:50, I think this is fair. I will give you all the necessary information about the deal when I get your response.

I anticipate your cooperation. Treat this proposal with utmost confidentiality and urgency for a 100% success.

If you are not interested, please delete this mail.

Regards,
Andrew Lawson.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is this the worst or greatest scam email to ever be received? the bolded is my absolute favourite part
Respond and tell him that passports can be faked, and that you require a photo of him standing somewhere outside holding up a piece of paper that says "I am a bellend"

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is an easy one - The person further uphill needs to give way to the person downhill. Put another way, the person further downhill has the right of way. 100% the skier's fault.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whew. Busy day today.
After @jstewismybastardson posted something horrible last night, I had to spend the day looking at Cameo to see which celebrities er "celebrities" I can afford to pay to put on a Canucks jersey and talk about the Canucks best ever player - Mark Messier!

Right now it's looking like Joey Buttafuoco. Possibly Kevin Spacey or Kyle Rittenhouse but they are pricey.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whew. Busy day today.
After @jstewismybastardson posted something horrible last night, I had to spend the day looking at Cameo to see which celebrities er "celebrities" I can afford to pay to put on a Canucks jersey and talk about the Canucks best ever player - Mark Messier!

Right now it's looking like Joey Buttafuoco. Possibly Kevin Spacey or Kyle Rittenhouse but they are pricey.
after reading my last post you are probably diverting those funds to personal use ... ie a Cameo of Mindy Cohn wearing nothing but a Ravens jersey

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after reading my last post you are probably diverting those funds to personal use ... ie a Cameo of Mindy Cohn wearing nothing but a Ravens jersey
Eeewww. Can you make it a classy Baltimore Stallions jersey instead?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No and... wait. Is it appropriate to ask for stuff like that on Cameo? I just saw Lisa Loeb was available

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't know if it is the toxic chemicals in our air right now or this conversation that is making me the most nauseous.