• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop part III

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never tried it.
I do know that neither Popeye's nor Mary Brown's are worth a lineup

Dropped my cousin off at Laurier when I went back to Ontario in January and we stopped at the one in Kitchener. It wasn't that busy, just after lunch hour on a Saturday.

Best I can say is it does seem to taste the same as the US locations. I still prefer Raising Cane's sauce.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never tried it.
I do know that neither Popeye's nor Mary Brown's are worth a lineup

I like it ... my family likes it. as Ive said before its my Palestinian chicken. Luckily theres a location right off the 405 on the way to my sister in laws. No newness factor so no lineups except for when you go at lunchtime. I wouldnt stand in a line like that for much though.

I dropped my daughter off to the new Crumbl Cookie in Poco one evening 2 weeks ago and was able to do all our shopping at the Costco across the street ... fill up on gas there as well ... and come back with her still in line lol

Old news maybe but In-n-out burger is opening a location in Vancouver (Washington)

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it ... my family likes it. as Ive said before its my Palestinian chicken. Luckily theres a location right off the 405 on the way to my sister in laws. No newness factor so no lineups except for when you go at lunchtime. I wouldnt stand in a line like that for much though.

I dropped my daughter off to the new Crumbl Cookie in Poco one evening 2 weeks ago and was able to do all our shopping at the Costco across the street ... fill up on gas there as well ... and come back with her still in line lol

Old news maybe but In-n-out burger is opening a location in Vancouver (Washington)
59ce812ac68d7b6d1e8b59d6

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol my bro talks like that all the time
my bro in law is a bit out there ... a touch of Aspergers lol ... when they lived in Issaquah, they had a couple of young Mormon missionaries come to his door ... hes the type that, instead of just letting them knock and knock and then just leave ... answers the door, invites them in and then proceeds to ask them all about their gauze underpants. :noidea:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
That's an improvement.
But if they can have a pop-up shop in Langley every year (another thing I won't line up for), what's stopping them from setting up a bunch of permanent locations?

Excuse for controlled expansion has always been "we need to be a certain distance from our suppliers to guarantee freshness".
But not that one weekend in Langley, it seems.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my bro in law is a bit out there ... a touch of Aspergers lol ... when they lived in Issaquah, they had a couple of young Mormon missionaries come to his door ... hes the type that, instead of just letting them knock and knock and then just leave ... answers the door, invites them in and then proceeds to ask them all about their gauze underpants. :noidea:

I lived downtown Vancouver and my brother was from Terrace and visiting. I ran across the street to a pub that sold offsales (gay bar) and I gave him a beer and after he drank it I told him it was from the gay bar.

his response

"I better not catch f@g"

he was a real fucking charmer my brother.

side note

I used to see the JW's come to my door from my window and I would call to my wife that a delivery for her was coming... she would answer... I would get in trouble but I would laugh... now we have a RING doorbell so those fun days are over.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
A million years ago I brought a friend from Surrey downtown for some reason, and we ate lunch at Hamburger Mary's on Davie Street. (decent burgers, good boozy milkshakes).

Halfway through the meal he whispers "I think that guy over there is gay"
My response "Dude, look around. We are literally the only straight people in here"
His eyes were so wide, was so uncomfortable for the rest of the meal. It was very funny.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We usually pick up burgers for my sister in laws family on our way to visit and my bro in law always asks me to order his spicy deluxe homophobia free
lol my bro talks like that all the time
I was so confused ... but after your last post sounds like your bro would actually order his spicy deluxe homo free

/ Chik-fil-a founder is known religious anti lgbtq with equal parts racism nutjob

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was so confused ... but after your last post sounds like your bro would actually order his spicy deluxe homo free

/ Chik-fil-a founder is known religious anti lgbtq with equal parts racism nutjob
yup, my brother would probably be in line for the new store

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A million years ago I brought a friend from Surrey downtown for some reason, and we ate lunch at Hamburger Mary's on Davie Street. (decent burgers, good boozy milkshakes).

Halfway through the meal he whispers "I think that guy over there is gay"
My response "Dude, look around. We are literally the only straight people in here"
His eyes were so wide, was so uncomfortable for the rest of the meal. It was very funny.
I remember Hamburger Marys.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the joke starting at about 1:10. I love how much Bob likes it.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.
Bob Newhart

Pretty fascinating story about Bob. He wrote the bits on his first album without ever performing live. He spoke to someone about releasing it and they liked it but they told him he needed to do it in front of an audience. It took a while finding a venue that would allow a newcomer to record there but they finally found one and he nailed it. (USS Codfish is pretty great)

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit.... I'm being told that Biden did plan to drop out this weekend to be replaced by someone younger who could energize the voters, but the plan was for him to be replaced by Bob Newhart so who knows whats going to happen now....
(Try the veal!)