• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Bullshitting at the Barbershop part III

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BBB ready for his starring role in a Red Dawn reboot :D
funny thing is that it may happen but Red Dawn vs Russians and Red Dawn Reboot vs North Korea at the same time in real life.

red-dawn-c-thomas-howell.gif

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anytime I have to call and deal with my cable/Internet provider I always start the call with I work for the company (which I do) so don’t try to sell me anything, you’re only wasting your time
One of the very few advantages of working for Comcast back in the day is I could just walk over to the appropriate desk whenever I had a problem and get it fixed. They all were interested in helping me because I was the IT guy. The guys out in the shops/installers were the best. By the time I quit there, I had a fully open "test" cable box (all channels even PPV and VOD for free) under the guise of them calling me to test when they got a complaint about a channel. I had a test connection to the VOD servers so I could see the development stuff or unreleased programs before anyone else. They also installed a clean run off the post in the neighborhood to my house so I was the only user on my segment. I had gigabit Internet in 2006.

There are rules about how quickly calls get "answered" in the US, and Comcast had a team of 10 people whose sole job was to manipulate the IVR phone system so each call was "answered" within the proper time frame, but didn't overload the call center by actually connecting the calls to an agent. the whole idea was to piss the customer off to make them abandon the phone call so the answer time was short but the call time was irrelevant. And that was just our call center. Every other call center had such a team as well.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the very few advantages of working for Comcast back in the day is I could just walk over to the appropriate desk whenever I had a problem and get it fixed. They all were interested in helping me because I was the IT guy. The guys out in the shops/installers were the best. By the time I quit there, I had a fully open "test" cable box (all channels even PPV and VOD for free) under the guise of them calling me to test when they got a complaint about a channel. I had a test connection to the VOD servers so I could see the development stuff or unreleased programs before anyone else. They also installed a clean run off the post in the neighborhood to my house so I was the only user on my segment. I had gigabit Internet in 2006.

There are rules about how quickly calls get "answered" in the US, and Comcast had a team of 10 people whose sole job was to manipulate the IVR phone system so each call was "answered" within the proper time frame, but didn't overload the call center by actually connecting the calls to an agent. the whole idea was to piss the customer off to make them abandon the phone call so the answer time was short but the call time was irrelevant. And that was just our call center. Every other call center had such a team as well.

When we were Bell Atlantic back in the 90s the Pennsylvania PUC fined us an ungodly amount for manipulating the amount of calls being brought in to our residential call centers. It was all done by a Director to keep our service level above 85%

During peak hours she had a message playing on our toll-free numbers that the offices were closed due to an emergency. How in the hell she didn’t think she would be caught was absolutely insane to me.

The only calls we would get during those times were from intra Company numbers from other employees

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi folks, like you I love some good ol' Kimchi. But sometimes I just dont have the time to head to Gwangju to get the good stuff. That's why I am glad we have good kimchi right here in the states, Cleveland Kimchi! Crunchy and delicious, right from Ohio! Its delicious! Pair it was some Inner Harbor Chablis by Baltimore Vineyards for a terrific meal. Cleveland Kimchi, you'll thank me later.20240706_135746.jpg

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
When we were Bell Atlantic back in the 90s the Pennsylvania PUC fined us an ungodly amount for manipulating the amount of calls being brought in to our residential call centers. It was all done by a Director to keep our service level above 85%

During peak hours she had a message playing on our toll-free numbers that the offices were closed due to an emergency. How in the hell she didn’t think she would be caught was absolutely insane to me.

The only calls we would get during those times were from intra Company numbers from other employees
That's insane

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 80's were a really strange time.

RIP you weird little man.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Health and fitness guru dead at 76. How old is tRump again?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two strange little people that more people should have listened to die on the same day. It's pretty weird.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

More proof that it looks like a dumpster. Raccoons try to get into it.
Finally saw one in the wild yesterday (though it had California plates)
A truck, yes its supposed to be a truck... Could not fit a single bicycle in the back. Half of the bike had to be hanging out of the truck bed.

Laughed my ass off at that.

And dear lord are they ever ugly from every angle. Like, holy shit.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally saw one in the wild yesterday (though it had California plates)
A truck, yes its supposed to be a truck... Could not fit a single bicycle in the back. Half of the bike had to be hanging out of the truck bed.

Laughed my ass off at that.

And dear lord are they ever ugly from every angle. Like, holy shit.
Saw one Friday that they had wrapped or stained brown. Sharpest turd I have ever seen.

It was on the cross street at the light and as I went through the intersection I pointed and laughed at the driver.